The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobraroll

Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Brassman388

I've tried my best with Rainbow Road. Not sure what to think of it.

Deku, you don't need such big chords to get the point across of what kind of chord it is. Keep that in mind. I try to limit myself to at least a triad. Unless of course it's a 7th or something obscure like a "dim5thadd9". Anything over that and it gets tiring.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mwtoxymmqj2

By the way, those are some funky rhythms.

The Deku Trombonist

Wow! I think I'm going to run out of thankyous pretty soon, but thanks again Brassman. I'd pretty much given up on Rainbow Road.

I was just wondering, is it acceptable/ok to do what I've done here with your update of the Athletic sheet (mainly measures 13-15 & 20)? I did some browsing through my mum's piano books and found similar kind of set outs used regularly.

SMB3 - Athletic

Brassman388

It's perfectly fine. I find it most useful to make little marks like that. If you look at my "Sandy Maridia", (Which it's on the site) you'll see that I had to do the same exact thing.

universe-X

Yep, it's much more readable now :D and I love the Rainbow Road arrangement now that I got a chance to listen to it. :D

The Deku Trombonist

Here's what I came up with for SMB3 Overworld. I'm afraid it's not much more interesting than the one on the site but at least it has the correct rhythms etc.

[NES] Super Mario Bros. 3

universe-X

*sigh* oh well :-\ yeah, at least it's better than the site one.

pumpy_heart

I personally loved your arrangements of the Slot Game in HGSS and Imakuni's Theme in Pokemon TCG.
For a crap sell out game, Pokemon TCG had some really good music in it. Imakuni among others. Very catchy tunes.

You are doing great things to this site. Keep it up.

The Deku Trombonist

Is there any possible way to fix the left hand in measure 14 of Clanker's Cavern so that it doesn't look like D-double flat?

[N64] Banjo Kazooie

Nintendude73

Quote from: pumpy_heart on April 27, 2010, 04:44:45 PMFor a crap sell out game, Pokemon TCG had some really good music in it. Imakuni among others. Very catchy tunes.
I remember loving TCG as a kid.  I might have to try it out again with the ol' GBA.  Imakuni freaked me out then, but if he ever made a cameo in another Pokemon game, I would freak out in a good way.  I think he needs to show up somewhere.

As for Clanker's Cavern, I don't really think there are any ways to solve that problem.  My suggestion would be to just omit the note in the second layer, but then again the note underneath is a different length.  I guess worst case, just put a note there indicating it's not a double flat, etc.

MaestroUGC

Here.

I just moved the flats so they're overlapping each other, looking like one flat.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

The Deku Trombonist

MaestroUGC

With one of the special tools in Finale 2010 - "accidental mover"
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.