The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korados

Never played the game, but wonderful arrangement so far, it just lacks the key sigs:

mm. 1-4: C
mm. 5-12: G
mm. 13-16: Bb
mm. 17-28: G
mm. 29-32: Bb
mm. 33-36: G
mm. 37-50: Eb
mm. 51-52: C

Then it should be alright! ;)

The Deku Trombonist

Are all those really necessary? To me, a key signature change for 4 bars seems kind of pointless. And key signatures don't come from the accidentals, the come from the tonality of the piece.

Korados

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on November 30, 2010, 03:23:55 AMAnd key signatures don't come from the accidentals, the come from the tonality of the piece.

I don't know nothing about tonality, so I guess you're right. ;D

PianoMan

I'm glad you're giving yourself credit only where it's due. Good job.

The Deku Trombonist

Well, there's no point saying I did something when I didn't is there?

Nakah

Hey Deku, I know you've been very busy with life/updating/etc. but if you do find yourself with the desire to arrange something, any chance you could tackle some of the Donkey Kong Country arrangements? Many of them need brush ups or complete do-overs due to poor quality. I could take over a few updates for you if you wish so that you could find the time, seeing as it's been a while since I've done any updating. I feel your applied expertise would really nail that section.

The Deku Trombonist

Busy with life? Oh the lols  ;D You oughta spend a day with me sometime hehe. I've just started arranging again, got a couple of things in the works. So hopefully I'll get better with the whole juggling arranging/updating thing over time. I'm currently going back over my to-do-list and starting from the top, and on the top is finishing off fixing up the Animal Crossing section seeing as I started that over a year ago and never finished it. There are only about 5 songs left to fix up so it won't take that long. I guess I could bump DKC to the top of the list seeing as it all fits into the replacements category anyway.

The Deku Trombonist

So I finally got off my arse and did something. Here you go Nakah, something to start you off.

[SNES] Donkey Kong Country
  • Aquatic Ambience - Mus | Midi - (Replacement)

I'm not entirely confident with this one so any suggestions would be appreciated. I simplified some of the L.H. octave jumps and the fast run at 26.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nakah

For such a synthesized track and musically jumpy song, I'd say you got about as accurate as one can for making it playable on the piano(without cluttering). Listening to it brought back the same feelings as playing the game, so that alone is success. This isn't an easy peice to arrange because of the difficulty in selecting which sounds to include, but you did a job well done to putting it all together. Kudos.

I'm being genuine about this as well, as I'm usually very critical of the songs from games that I like most, and listening for accuracy and authenticity is something I pay very close attention to. So rest assured I'm serious when I say you accomplished the 'feel' of the song.

Edit* I've also been checking back on this thread religiously since you said you'd move DKC to the top of your list, so you can count on my constructive criticism in the future.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: olimar12345 on January 07, 2011, 09:00:41 PM...today's still tha 7th...
The whole time zone thing is getting old now.

Cheers Nakah. Do you think it'd be worth continuing the run at 26 through the first beat of 27 or is that asking a little too much of people?

Nakah

I would just leave it there. Anyone who's not going to learn both together can just leave the beat out, but it's more accurate with it in there. So might as well keep it as accurate as possible and let people take what they want from it.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

Urgh.....Australia.

Nakah: I'll fix that later today. I'm only popping in for 2 secs.

Nakah