The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

A.   I've been playing piano since elementary school and I have been in chorus my 6th, 7th, and 10th grade year.
B.   I've gotten some singing certificate in the 6th grade in a really fancy frame for participating in honor chorus and I've gotten some sort of trophy for my piano skills. Also, I passed both auditions and went to all state chorus last year if that counts for anything.
C.   I am applying because I think a career in music would be nice. If I don't get this scholarship then I'll simply keep music as a major hobby rather than my sole focus.
D.   I will be performing some Beethoven song and Copland's The Cat and the Mouse. No idea how long it will take to play either one, estimating around 4 and 8 minutes respectively?
E.   Okay, I won't put my name or my teacher's name on this sheet.
F.   Application will be attached after I print this out
G.   Not entering more than one performance area, don't worry about it.

best music scholarship resume ever
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Mashi

SlowPokemon

So would I

You need to sound more confident though D: you're probably going against kids who have been DREAMING of a music career their entire lives or at least a while. You need to sound like you'd do anything to get that scholarship.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FSM-Reapr

Jub3r7

Thanks, but I don't expect to win, so it's not something to make a big deal about unless I somehow win anyway?? ??  :P
I appreciate the support but not really super necessary!!!!
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Nebbles

oh psssh we're friends, I'm gonna support you no matter what.

Jompa

I am in the worst possible situation right now:

I have to write a speech on poverty, in English (which is not my mother tongue), and perform it in front of class at 8:15 tomorrow.
Here, where I live the time is now 0:37, I am tired of my ass, and I haven't even started yet...
This is gonna be a fun night..
And my English teacher is the worst fucking person in the world, so she's gonna hate the speech no matter how hard I work..
Birdo for Smash

spitllama

Someone here can write it and then help you pronounce it.

Of course, that's also cheating which I totally don't endorse.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

blueflower999

Jompa, I've never noticed anything that's wrong with your English, so I'm sure you'll do fine! Just try your best, ask for help here if you need it, and get the best score you can get!
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Jompa

Oh, trust me, I'm terrible in English. 99% of the time I write stuff on here I have google translate it from Norwegian for me :P
Thanks for the pep-talk! I've actually managed to finish! :D It's only supposed to last like three minutes, and I tried to estimate how long mine would be, with the help of math, and it will last about five :3
So, no sweat.
I'm just glad I get to go to sleep now.. ZzzZz
Birdo for Smash

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

Dude

*hides*

Roz~

Quote from: Nebbles on February 13, 2013, 01:18:07 PM...I hope someone doesn't take that out of context.

And I missed you guys too. I just needed a tiny break, nothing big. I am a bit sorry for just getting up and leaving, though.

Butbutbut best sig ever.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.