News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

Whoops, just had a little modify rather than reply snafoo there.

Quote from: Dude on December 13, 2013, 06:08:01 PMThat's funny because slow wanted us to stop talking about what we think about weather.

I'm not saying I agreed with him there, I'm just saying it isn't much different to shit all over him for it.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 13, 2013, 06:09:57 PMLol, didn't read the last page there, huh FD?

Hahahahahaha I was about to edit my post to say how hilarious I thought that was, actually XD

Quote from: Bubbles on December 13, 2013, 06:13:21 PMSure you can express your opinions and feelings, but theres no reason at all to be vicious about it. If you think your statement would offend or damage someone, regardless of how much you like them, don't say it.

I'm just saying this is all a little hypocritical. We're all getting mad at slow for doing exactly what we're doing right now :/

Olimar12345

Btw weather here is nice! 53 degrees F and raining. Perfect book reading weather! :D
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

K-NiGhT

it's iowa and it's cold. that's about it.

also i'm dying of exhaustion D: senior year wasn't supposed to be stressful.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Dude

So apparently there's a snow storm coming and everyone and their pets are at the grocery store.

Wee fun

DrP

I'm not happy... it's supposed to be 83 tomorrow...

I hate California and it's weird weather.

MaestroUGC

What the hell was all of that bullsh*t about Slow? I mean c'mon. What the f***?

You should be talking about me at all times and basking in my eternal greatness, not prattling on about some boy who clearly isn't me.

Either you all start worshipping my as a god or I will show you the true might of a composer.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FireArrow

Quote from: Bubbles on December 13, 2013, 06:13:21 PMI'm so sick of hearing this, mainly on the internet but its seeping into my real life too. "I'm entitled to my opinion", "I should be able to express my feelings without being judged", etc. Sure you can express your opinions and feelings, but theres no reason at all to be vicious about it. If you think your statement would offend or damage someone, regardless of how much you like them, don't say it.

I would put /rant but I'm not sure if I'm completely done yet

Really? I find people are too scared to hurt your feelings to tell you how they feel. I mean, seriously; if you have a problem, tell me, so I don't sit here eating your passive-aggressive shit.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Ruto

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 12, 2013, 09:33:39 PMWell..... I might have been staring at the screen for multiple hours without moving previously but at least I was blinking then

I'd have to stare at the screen for 5 minutes to notice that and I don't have that time...

Pipe down while Kefka/Concerto/Jamaha are away...

>__>

Today I graded the exams in the music class. Lol these kids and the stuff they come up with...

1) Name the instrument with the lowest range in Beethoven's string quartet in C minor.
A: flute

2) What chord is heard 59 times in [The Rite of Spring]?
A: harpsichord

3) What is [Stravinsky's] nationality?
Answers: Vienna, Italy/German/European/Jewish/Mexican (srsly someone wrote Mexican)

4) What are the other languages heard in "A Survivor from Warsaw"?
A: Franch/Yiddish

5) Name some percussive instruments.
Answers: Violin/trombone/tuba/bassoon...basically anything you can think of that's not percussive was written as an answer...

6) Name some brass instruments.
...Violin was the most popular answer -.-

7) Who is the composer for "The Rite of Spring"?
A: Haydn

8 ) What is (#7's) nationality?
A: French

Then when asked to name the composers of about 8 pieces written from 1820-1900, some kid wrote "Franz" or "Clayd" for all of them. A surprising number of kids also confused Chopin's pieces for Stravinsky's...ohh well at least I got paid ._.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Bubbles

Quote from: FireArrow on December 13, 2013, 08:22:59 PMReally? I find people are too scared to hurt your feelings to tell you how they feel. I mean, seriously; if you have a problem, tell me, so I don't sit here eating your passive-aggressive shit.
I'm not saying you can't tell someone something, just that you don't have to do it brutally. And I know people (especially girls) who say they want the blunt truth too, hell even I would want that, but when it happens you find yourself a lot more sensitive to it than you thought you would be.

@Ruto I went to the Philadelphia orchestra with my school's orchestra, and the girl sitting next to be kept gushing over the "harmonica" (harpsichord)

FierceDeity

Ruto, how is it that people in a class going over the chords in Rite of Spring don't know what percussion and brass are ??? like, what class is this?

And bubbles...somebody in your school's orchestra thought that a harpsichord was called a harmonica? O.o

Bubbles

FierceDeity

Probably more impressive than any orchestra I've ever been in :P
...seeing as I've never been in an orchestra, haha. Euphonium players get no respect...

EDIT: New thought of the moment: why the shit aren't more euphonium parts written for orchestra? Are Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition and Holst's The Planets not good enough for some people? >:(

Waddle Bro

I think Slow is awesome and you all are silly gooses. That's all I have to say.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 13, 2013, 09:57:01 AMI don't actually care about the majority of NSM, nowadays I mostly stick around for a few people.
Tbh, same. Also you're one of them. ;3

Ruto

Ohh the mysteries of life.

I just asked Saria some of these questions and she got them right...she's never been in the class. I wonder if I can have a kid sit in on one of these college classes and then have the kid take the test with everyone else.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: FierceDeity on December 13, 2013, 09:13:53 PMEDIT: New thought of the moment: why the shit aren't more euphonium parts written for orchestra? Are Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition and Holst's The Planets not good enough for some people? >:(

The instrument is essentially a tenor tuba; which, while it does see use, is simply not a commonly desired instrument. It is used in pieces where such a voice was called for as a replacement for instruments used at the time, but it is rarely written for outside of band music.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.