News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreamTheater123

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 20, 2015, 09:01:30 PMToo bad.....a part of me is always lost when I hear about suicides :/
That's true. I've had a friend who committed suicide. I guess he wanted to just escape the pain. I can understand why people would commit suicide, but it's just dumb. You can recover in life. Just like that Maya girl I've been reading about in the rant topic, there is a solution to every problem and suicide should be a last or maybe just not a resort at all. The thing is I learned that suicide is  a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

DreamTheater123

ThatGamer

Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

DreamTheater123

ThatGamer, here let me try helping you understand.
Here is dictionary's definition: To shrink, bend, or crouch, especially in fear or servility; cower.

So basically, if you are watching a horror movie like the Saw series and there is something that you think is like disgusting, for example, a guy stabbing someone in the eye, you would like make a facial expression and you'd kind of draw back.

ThatGamer

Quote from: DreamTheater123 on August 21, 2015, 04:56:51 PMThatGamer, here let me try helping you understand.
Here is dictionary's definition: To shrink, bend, or crouch, especially in fear or servility; cower.

So basically, if you are watching a horror movie like the Saw series and there is something that you think is like disgusting, for example, a guy stabbing someone in the eye, you would like make a facial expression and you'd kind of draw back.

Okay...so why did Slow Pokemon cringe then?
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

DreamTheater123

Either it's because something you said. The response was you weren't thinking straight.
OR
Because you guys were talking about suicide.

ThatGamer

Quote from: DreamTheater123 on August 21, 2015, 05:11:20 PMEither it's because something you said. The response was you weren't thinking straight.
OR
Because you guys were talking about suicide.

Or both, maybe.

Bloop

waking up way too early to start the day, reading comments on a discussion about using cancer as curse word (it happens here in ye old Dutchlands) and suddenly thinking "wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone was bisexual"

I should sleep

ThatGamer

Quote from: Bloop on August 21, 2015, 09:22:42 PMwaking up way too early to start the day, reading comments on a discussion about using cancer as curse word (it happens here in ye old Dutchlands) and suddenly thinking "wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone was bisexual"

I should sleep

If only everyone liked both genders...

SuperFireKirby

There would never be an awkward orgy again.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

mikey

isn't it weird that we naturally have an attraction to the opposite gender
unmotivated

Jub3r7

Not really. Naturally having an attraction to the opposite gender makes you more likely to reproduce and pass that trait on to offspring.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Bloop on August 21, 2015, 09:22:42 PMwaking up way too early to start the day, reading comments on a discussion about using cancer as curse word (it happens here in ye old Dutchlands) and suddenly thinking "wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone was bisexual"
What does cancer have to do with bisexuality?? And the world definitely wouldn't be better if everyone was bisexual. However if everyone was heterosexual that would be way better.
Quote from: Jub3r7 on August 21, 2015, 11:26:49 PMNot really. Naturally having an attraction to the opposite gender makes you more likely to reproduce and pass that trait on to offspring.
True, pretty obvious.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Bloop

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 22, 2015, 04:46:56 AMWhat does cancer have to do with bisexuality??
Nothing, there was a little train of thought in between those subjects that I don't remember.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 22, 2015, 04:46:56 AMAnd the world definitely wouldn't be better if everyone was bisexual. However if everyone was heterosexual that would be way better.
I thought of like everyone would be able to love everyone and you have much more choice. Probably not gonna happen ever though.

SlowPokemon

It also WOULDNT be better if everyone was heterosexual because overpopulation is a thing we need to worry about.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.