News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

there's absolutely nothing wrong with Michael bay productions as long as you like explosions
unmotivated

Dudeman

But what if I like explosions and a good plot/script?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

TMNT+Transformers had a pretty decent script what you talkin bout
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Dudeman

Ah, no wonder I liked Code Geass so much.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

apparently the joke is that we shared ancestors with monkeys not that we evolved straight from monkeys
unmotivated

FireArrow

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 20, 2016, 05:27:37 PMapparently the joke is that we shared ancestors with monkeys not that we evolved straight from monkeys
Well obvious debate probing aside,
Believe it or not, it's actually not a joke. What you described is actually this crazy idea called the theory of evolution.
Funny enough, the idea has been nearly unanimously accepted by the scientific world.
Quote from: braixen1264 on January 20, 2016, 09:26:05 AMAlso PDS, rules are already being worked on. You have asked and you shall receive.
Rules to make up for the fact that we apparently can't handle controversial issues.
That said, if the mods are going to say (though it's worth noting not all of them have, see Kefka's earlier post) no talking about issues than the least we can do is actually make the forum rules consistent. But there will almost assuredly be backlash if you actually wish to ban all discussions that get even slightly above the heat level of a philosophy class.
what is shitpost

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 20, 2016, 05:16:16 PMAh, no wonder I liked Code Geass so much.

Code Geass is probably the greatest thing I've ever watched.

Dudeman

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on January 20, 2016, 06:39:17 PMBut there will almost assuredly be backlash if you actually wish to ban all discussions that get even slightly above the heat level of a philosophy class.
Oh no, discussions are a-ok. What's not is personal attacks. That's where the line will be drawn from now(ish) on.
So, for example, this:
Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on January 20, 2016, 06:39:17 PMWell obvious debate probing aside,
Believe it or not, it's actually not a joke. What you described is actually this crazy idea called the theory of evolution.
Funny enough, the idea has been nearly unanimously accepted by the scientific world.
is mostly okay, though the intended tone is debatable.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Then all we need to do is to add to this, no?
Quote from: Forum Rules- No attacks on other users in the form of trolling, flaming, etc.
what is shitpost

Dudeman

Adjustments are being made and will go into effect in the near future. How soon depends on when all of us mods are able to give all of our thoughts on the proposed changes.

mikey

sorry if it sounded like I was making fun of evolution, I wasn't.  I just learned something new about it
(It's like saying "the joke" is that you enable surge without spending mana)

EDIT: See this is how all of the blatant hate happens people always are misinterpreting everything I say and I'm getting sick of it
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

If you're sincere, then my apologies. But keep in mind that you haven't really made yourself appear as an academic scholar whose sole interest is in learning more. You've made it clear what you believe many times over, and IIRC you said something along the lines of "The world is enough evidence for God so why can't I deny your science textbooks".
what is shitpost