The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

How it actually happened
"Oh cool! I'm
JOOOOHN CEEEENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
[close]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Sebastian

SlowPokemon

I think the funniest thing that happened in the last three pages was Sebastian thinking we'd miss that
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

braix

I found a practical way to apply my mod powers. So I used them.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

AwesomeYears

"I found a way to abuse my mod powers." "So I memed."

InsigTurtle

Altissimo

I'm in Indiana for my second audition/interview. My actual audition and 2 of my interviews are tomorrow. I get the feeling that I haven't been doing enough in undergrad to make me stand out? but im at such a small university that i havent had a whole lot of OPPORTUNITIES so like im hoping that doesnt reflect poorly on me.

BrainyLucario

So around where I live there are these two twins who are major Mario and Luigi fans. They are so dedicated that they even have cars decaled with mario and luigi on them. I mean they even have the cars painted red (on the mario car) and green (on the luigi car) with matching neon lights to, top it off!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

unmotivated

InsigTurtle

I am honestly very disappointed with humanity in general now. I just see intolerance and fighting everywhere. I know that overall people have become more tolerant compared to in the past, but the exposure of racist and inflammatory bullshit made possible by the faster communication speed nowadays is just making me irritated. Comments like "Don't trust the stuff he makes, he's Chinese" and "Oh, he's a Muslim, wonder when he's going to blow up" that I see everyday just... make me fucking pissed, to put it politely. There was a video that I saw earlier today, where a woman pulled over beside two Brazilian dudes filming stuff and started saying shit about Middle-Easterners and 9/11 and fellatio (not quite sure how the last was relevant, but I'm no psychologist). The guys acted pretty chill, honestly, laughing at her remarks as they started riding self-balancing scooters while the woman started going off about Japanese and Middle-Easterners. I don't know how they stayed so calm, relatively speaking. I think this post belongs in the Rant Thread, now that I think about it, but fuck it. I don't know why I'm suddenly getting so infuriated about this all of a sudden even though it's been a problem for such a long time, but... whatever. It's been bothering me for the last couple of hours, so I needed to let it out.

Sorry for the serious post.

Dudeman

Ah, don't worry about it. Humanity tends to be stupid when left to its own devices. We all need to vent about it every now and then.

SlowPokemon

I understand. Today at my school's rotunda they had literally creepy cult-type people with bibles shouting "gays are an abomination against god's creation" and "women are created to be modest and submissive" and things like that and stopping random people saying "are you truly a good person?" and it was very gross. And I mean, it's easy just to laugh them off and ignore the bigots of the world, but it can really sting to know that there are legitimate educated adults who think of your entire person as being disgusting or sinful or terrible just because you're different from them--and that's just as a gay man. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a Middle Eastern person in American day-to-day life right now. It can really get you down. I think you can always come here with those types of rants, though, because despite our differences, we're all decent when it counts and we can probably help to tilt your chin back up a little bit. I hope you feel better, InsigTurtle.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

if you want we can perform assisted suicide for each other so that we don't get arrested
unmotivated