The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

Hey! I joined a little over a year ago, so you wouldn't know me, but it's nice to meet you!

EDIT: If we have an "I'm Away" Topic,  who thinks we should have an "I've Returned" Topic??
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

JDMEK5

Hehe hey Fallen. It's been so long I actually have no idea if I was around before you left. I doubt it. That or we never really interacted which is possible too.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 01, 2016, 07:11:49 AMHey! I joined a little over a year ago, so you wouldn't know me, but it's nice to meet you!

EDIT: If we have an "I'm Away" Topic,  who thinks we should have an "I've Returned" Topic??

The "I'm Away" topic also doubles as an "I'm No Longer Away" topic.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 01, 2016, 08:02:51 AMThe "I'm Away" topic also doubles as an "I'm No Longer Away" topic.
It also makes julienne fries! And it folds into a bed! And it can be yours for just three small payments of $19.99!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Altissimo

Combined results of the instrument study:
g = girl, b = boy, u = unknown (initials, gender neutral names, etc)
these dont necessarily add up perfectly to 100
flute: 87.5% g, 10.9% b, 1.9% u
oboe: 61.2% g, 37.9% b, .9% u
clarinet (all types): 53.2% g, 45.3% b, 1.5% u
bassoon: 40.7% g, 58.8% b, .4% u
saxophone (all types): 30.9% g, 67.9% b, 1.2% u
trumpet: 17.6% g, 67.9% b, .1% u
french horn: 46.5% g, 51.9% b, 1.2% b
trombone: 14% g, 84.4% b, 1.8% u
baritone/euphonium: 22% g, 75% b, 3% u
tuba: 6.1% g, 92.5% b, 1.4% u
percussion (including timpani): 20.1% g, 78.3% b, 1.6% u
violin: 66% g, 34% b
viola: 54.7% g, 45.2% b
cello: 42.2% g, 57.7% b
double bass: 16.3% g, 82.6% b
piano (as in symphonies): 56.4% g, 43.5% b
harp (as in symphonies): 95.5% g, 4.4% b

harp is by far the most polarized instrument, even beating out the notoriously "sexist" tuba lol

also the influence of symphony made some of the instruments more guy-based. bassoon was 58% girl and 40.7% boy before the symphony influence, at which point it literally flopped and became 40.7% boy and 58.8% girl. seems symphonies are more guy-oriented

mikey

unmotivated

Bloop

It seems that boys prefer playing lower range instruments and brass instruments and girls like higher range instruments and woodwinds.
That's pretty cool actually.

Let's start raising the number of professional male harpists!

Harvest

I enjoyed playing clarinet back in the day.

-

mikey

whawhawha *splutter-hack-cough-gag*
-dead-
unmotivated

Ōkami~MD

nice data

buuuuuut to be honest it doesn't surprise me (is that a bad thing?)

violin: 66% g, 34% b  ----  at least some other boys are like me (violin is amazing btw)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

Harvest

Hey does anyone remember the name of the guy who was pretty active on this site...maybe...6-8 years ago who decided one day to split off and create his own website?  I think the website was something like "drshnaps" or something like that...although I'm really uncertain because it's been so long.

I'm just interested in seeing what he's done lately.  I think his real name was Frank.  He used to be very overweight then he began working out and became pretty ripped.  When he was active on this site he was in college I believe for something related to video games.  I know he uploaded a lot of piano videos too. 

Just wondering. 

edit: after searching, I'm pretty sure it was not drshnaps, that seems to be some sort of sprite thing which is shut down now.
-

Zeila

@Harvest, I have no idea since I'm fairly new

@Altissimo, those stats actually fit my old band class pretty well (aside from the tuba stats, but there were only two people anyways)

mikey

Quote from: Zeila on April 01, 2016, 11:38:11 AM@Harvest, I have no idea since I'm fairly new

@Altissimo, those stats actually fit my old band class pretty well (aside from the tuba stats, but there were only two people anyways)
go look at the first post of this thread
unmotivated

Harvest

Ok so his name was Frank D'Angelo.  He has a few sheets on this site, maybe his username was just Frank D'Angelo. 

I wonder what he's doing nowadays. 
-

Sebastian

Whoa, hey Harvest.
All these people returning really makes me happy xD