The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

not saying this to be a dick but don't you feel like that's just a little disrespectful since gender identity can represent a massive amount of anxiety to some people, while you play it off as a joke? suicide and hate crime rates and are especially high with transgender ppl, they're a really oppressed minority.

i did it as well at some point pretty much as an ironic symbol of how gender isn't tied to anything, even if you have the word "bro" in your name.
but you're literally stating that it's a troll(and even saying bullshit like how gender is tied to how a pokemon looks), which isn't really a positive message out to the world.

but that's just me.

mikey

he's saying it's not a joke though
it started off as a joke but now he's comfortable with it which is fine
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: braixen1264 on April 06, 2016, 10:30:10 AMYes I still identify as a male but after a long time of having my profile to female to troll new people, it just feels a lot more comfortable to me now and I automatically correlate "Braix" to "girl" idk

Absolutely, if your preferred pronouns are she and her then it definitely should be no problem for people to use them here
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Also @ waddle we appreciate you trying to avoid hurting anyone's feelings but right now you're trying to save people from being offended when no one's offended in the first place
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

Again I support what you want to be called but I just want it to be done for respectable reasons, instead of making fun of ppl

ninja'd slow i'm getting sick of that p ignorant excuse, what makes you think i or no one else could be offended? like that judgement is based on your own opinion or generalization.

mikey

cause zorro would absolutely intentionally make fun of transgender people
unmotivated

Waddle Bro

he even said himself how he did it to troll people i didn't know if that was the reason or was it respectable. fam you know i even tried to sell my thoughts as my own and that means you can disagree with them if you want

mikey

of course.  I just expect you to know better
unmotivated

ETFROXX

Waddle Bro

gender identity is a person's own thing fam, i support it as long as it isn't for lowkey ignorant reasons, can't know everything at first glance man even though they call me yung socrates

ninjad
ETF. QUEEN. HOW ARE YOU

mikey

unmotivated

ETFROXX

Waddle Bro

braix

To clear things up:
A year or so ago, I set my profile to female as a joke. It wasn't a very respectable action, but I didn't really know it could be offensive to anybody. As time passed, I've grown used to it and now female pronouns are honestly just more comfortable for me.
Waddle(or anyone for that matter), if you wish to still call me by "he" or "him" I'm fine with that, I get it.

If you have any complaints or questions or if I'm not getting what you're saying, feel free to pm me
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Waddle Bro

Nah fam I respect your wishes since they are for respectable reasons, I just wasn't completely sure of your motives!! But as Slow pointed out there's nothing wrong with preferring female pronouns and still identifying as a guy!