The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: Ruto on August 16, 2016, 12:55:40 AM*clap clap clap*

I got Pokerus without cheating or trading for it from Olimar's friend safari! I haven't even seen a shiny pokemon in the wild since Ruby (red Gyarados doesn't count) so this is really big for me. Now to infect all my breeding rejects to make them seem desirable for others haha. Hidden ability Froakies and Chimchars mean an invasion of infected frogs and monkeys.
you diabolical villian
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on August 16, 2016, 05:18:29 AMI saw someone on a YouTube comment say that Klonoa Heroes was the best game in the series and didn't deserve to be released outside of Japan... what...?

weeaboo logic, just nod your head and move along

me irl
[close]

Ruto

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 16, 2016, 07:44:27 AMyou diabolical villian

Wait until they get a 5 31 IV Froakie with Torrent hahahahaha

"Pokérus has a 3 in 65,536 or approximately a 1 in 21,845 chance of being generated on a Pokémon, either wild or bred, effectively making this rarer than a shiny Pokémon, which have a 3 in 24,576, or around 1 in 8,192 chance to be found wild or hatched. Through battling or capturing this wild Pokémon, players could get this helpful virus onto their own Pokémon, and subsequently spread it around. Due to the overwhelmingly low chance of encountering the virus (about 1/3 of the chance to encounter a Shiny Pokémon), and the fact that most would not even recognize a Pokémon with the virus and may flee from it, many players don't have a Pokémon with the virus."

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Nitro Indigo

I got Pokérus in my original Diamond file, but I didn't know what it did.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Dudeman

I've received several Pokérus 'mons through Wonder Trade (nearly all of which were legit), but I've never managed to contract it myself. I've also never encountered a shiny in the wild or by breeding, not through all my years of playing Pokémon.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

I run into a shiny like once every few games

Over my many many LeafGreen files, I found a shiny Rattata and (of all things) Articuno, though because I'm absolutely an idiot I deleted the file and it's no longer in this world.

Also one time in Emerald at the Battle Tent where you have rental Pokémon, one of the rentals for me was a shiny Aron. I was like laughing and very sad because I couldn't keep it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

unmotivated

Ruto

This is also great news for me because I hardly ever battle wild Pokemon. I've already almost all possible Pokemon in X and I'm breeding/trading with friends to get everything else. I just went to Olimar's friend safari to see what Pokemon with hidden abilities I didn't have yet. I'm sure I got the virus from a wild Maractus there. I don't think I've even battled 20,000 wild Pokemon in this game.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 17, 2016, 06:16:27 AMI run into a shiny like once every few games

Over my many many LeafGreen files, I found a shiny Rattata and (of all things) Articuno, though because I'm absolutely an idiot I deleted the file and it's no longer in this world.

Also one time in Emerald at the Battle Tent where you have rental Pokémon, one of the rentals for me was a shiny Aron. I was like laughing and very sad because I couldn't keep it.

That's why I was too scared to try Battle Pyramid hahaha. I heard about people running into shinies there they couldn't catch. Younger me was so weird...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Nitro Indigo

Someone needs to write a story about where deleted files go.
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

cashwarrior1

Once there was a save file in pokemon, and somebody deleted it. It then went into non-existence.

Nitro Indigo

But there's one deleted file I remember very clearly, as if I was playing it right now.

Maelstrom

Tfw you get a USB drive under $30 and it has more space on it than your hard drive.