News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 11, 2016, 08:41:28 AM@Noc Idk how valid my opinions are here but I feel that regardless of talent, it's mostly work ethic and attitude that'll decide your level of success. I think you should just stop comparing yourself with others everywhere to try and find ways in which you're incompetent, because really that's not going to help you at all.

Good advice ;)

But seriously as musicians I think we understand better than almost anyone that no matter how long and how hard you work, there are always people better than you. It's important to use that as motivation to better yourself and not let it consume and depress you.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 11, 2016, 07:27:27 AMAlso, being relatively bad at video games isn't a real measure for your success in life.
This. Some of the most famous gaming YouTubers are worse at video games than the common person.

FireArrow

As someone who's improving at skullgirls, gotten decently good at melee and arranging, and totally failing at tennis here's what I've learned:

1. Don't be afraid to get advice from other people.
2. Don't get discouraged by platues (seems to be your problem with magic.) Everytime you play, recognise what you could've done better. If you can't, get someone really good to watch you and tell you.
3. Learn through doing, so long as your imploying the above device. Practice is important, but I as well as many other people have made the mistake of trying to improve only through practice, which gets you nowhere fast. That's like playing scales 2 hours everyday for 3 months then at the end wondering why you can't sight read chopins etudes.
4. Most importantly, don't be afraid of sucking. Everyone does. The only people who don't are those who don't get discouraged by their trashiness and keep trying to improve.

As for your job, minimum wage jobs just suck. Your aspergurs probably gives you focus issues that make it harder for you to manage than other people, so my advice would be to find something that works for you. A counsler might really be able to help you there since they've probably delt with similar situations before.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: FireArrow on December 11, 2016, 11:34:30 AMfind something that works for you.
I believe this should go above absolutely everything.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mikey

(my job was nowhere near minimum wage it was like 12 an hour)
unmotivated

FireArrow

(Minimum wage in California is $10 so you're not that far off.)

mikey

(that's cause california's full of a bunch of progressive hipsters :^)
unmotivated

FireArrow

mikey

unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

my roommate is playing country music and i need to study

help
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

tell them you'll stop doing dishes if they don't stop playing country
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

Have you ever had "weird people" commenting on your youtube vids?? First some random guy named dektora77 commented on a lot of my Yugioh vids ???, and then, even stranger, a guy named KKK StrikeBack wrote a "nice comment" on my one piece grand battle video. Also, that comment seems just seems too nice for some nazi-guy to write, literally perfect grammar, wtf!?? ???

Some people on youtube... are just crazy and weird, ;D

Spoiler

[close]
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Dudeman

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 13, 2016, 03:00:04 PMa guy named KKK StrikeBack wrote a "nice comment ...that comment seems just seems too nice for some nazi-guy to write
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book