oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALPRAS

Quote from: Cobraroll on June 15, 2009, 03:17:18 AM
Quote from: ALPRAS on June 14, 2009, 03:21:38 PM
Quote from: Cobraroll on June 14, 2009, 01:12:27 PMA person will start to feel the effects of alcohol when the amount of alcohol in the blood is roughly 0.3 per mil (0.3 millilitres per liter, or 0.0003 litres of alcohol per liter blood). That's one unit of alcohol per 3000 units of blood. More or less.

One beer usually contains 4-6% alchohol. I'll calculate with 5% here, to make it easier. If we assume that each beer bottle contains half a litre of beer, that's 0,0125 litres of pure alcohol per half bottle of beer. 12.5 millilitres, to get a number to calculate with:

In a normal person, blood accounts for 7% of the body weight.

For our amount of alcohol to be 0.3 per mil, we have the equation:
Number of litres of blood needed to not feel the effects of alcohol after drinking 12.5 millilitres of the stuff = x

12.5/x = 0.3
0.3x = 12.5
x= 12.5/0.3
x= 41.67

For that to be 7% of the person's body weight, the person has to weigh:

((41.67/7)*100)kg = 595.24 kilograms. So yeah, if I'm not mistaken, half a bottle of beer is enough to get any person a little fuzzy. However, this doesn't make much sense, as using these calculations, ten bottles of beer would send a rhino kneeling. But the answer is simple:

ALPRAS must be a rhino.

Half a bottle? Whats the size of your bottles? Ours is about  0.3 litres...
My height is 55Kg

I think a standard beer bottle is 0.5 litres here. And I think I did a mistake somewhere in the calculations (I blame Wikipedia).

And to be 55Kg tall... That's like measuring radiation in Pascal...

Oppsy, my Wheight is 55Kg  xD

Dude

SuperFireKirby

I don't really like beer. I'll drink wine, champagne, and magaritas(so delicious!)but I just hate the flavor of beer.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

GreekGeek

My thought of the moment is how I LOATHE school. It makes me depressed, it fatigues me and it stresses me out.
Sick of it.

Jamaha

Quite the opposite here.

I get depressed when there is no school.

mantis985

Quote from: Cobraroll on June 15, 2009, 03:17:18 AMAnd to be 55Kg tall... That's like measuring radiation in Pascal...

Haha maybe not THAT off but... 

GreekGeek

Quote from: JaMaHa on June 15, 2009, 11:12:58 AMQuite the opposite here.

We could swap.

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Brassman388 on June 14, 2009, 08:45:32 PMWell, not to insult you or anything, but those who get defensive are the ones who usually are. Calm down, no one was calling you a drunk tard. If you don't drink, often, then just say so, there's no need for a huge uncalled for explanation of why you don't drink. Race doesn't give a shit about what you drink either. Just because you're italian doesn't mean crap. I don't like stereotypes, let alone, those that tend to put others on a pedistal. So stop it, you either drink, or you don't. You choose.

I wasn't being defensive, I was just pointing out the fact that I do not drink in general, which needed to be pointed out as I seem to be the only one.

And, as wine is traditionally and Italian drink (and is made in Italy), it's not racist to say italians drink wine, cause they do more than any other country-it's a major part of our economy and culture. I did live there when I was younger, after all.

And besides, drinking wine isn't always a bad thing. I wasn't being derogatory, just Nationalist.  ;D

I just want everyone to understand I'm not some racist jackass.

ALPRAS

Quote from: JaMaHa on June 15, 2009, 11:12:58 AMQuite the opposite here.

Me too. Theres nothing to do, when I stay at home, besides studying...

Harvest

Brassman, it looks like you're the one that needs to calm down.
-

KefkaticFanatic

I've never had an alcoholic beverage.  Never had the chance, never really wanted to.

Brass: RAGE?!

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

They're okay but not amazing enough to have the kind of hype among teenagers that they do. And that's what I don't understand. What do most kids find in alcoholic beverages that makes them the best thing ever that I don't?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

ALPRAS

Ive got sex once, when I was drunk...It was really cool xD

SuperFireKirby

Did it look like you were having a foursome with triplets? :P

GreekGeek

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 15, 2009, 12:51:33 PMThey're okay but not amazing enough to have the kind of hype among teenagers that they do. And that's what I don't understand. What do most kids find in alcoholic beverages that makes them the best thing ever that I don't?
We call them breezersluts here. Don't know if they are in America as well.

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 15, 2009, 12:55:43 PMDid it look like you were having a foursome with triplets? :P
I once had a foursome with a triplet ;D