News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

I mentioned Fourier analysis in passing in my music essay, and I realized that Fourier transforms and series are pretty goddamn interesting. And then that led to complex exponentiation. Which led to trigonometry. And there's just a strange feeling when you learn all how all those are intertwined, how just a single note on a piano can lead you down a rabbit hole of mathematics.

Which would be cool, except for the fact that I need to finish this essay tomorrow, and I gotta start studying for AP chem since that's on Monday. Whoops.

WaluigiTime64

I can't help but stare at this biscuit on my plate that says "NICE" on the top.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Altissimo

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 29, 2017, 11:09:07 PMBut I know she likes the "bad guys" & "gangsters", both of which I am not.

What does this mean and how do you know it? It's an incredibly common stereotype that "all girls go for bad boys" but like... it's a stereotype. So are you extrapolating this fact about this friend or is it something she has told you herself? Because if it is the former then you may need to reconsider your approach to women, thinking like that is thinking that will you turn you into a fedora-wearing neckbeard lol

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

Sounds like your date was actually not interested in you romantically at all, sorry

That's the only explanation for literally pushing you toward the other girl and turning down your requests to dance
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

^ Agreeing with this

If she's interested in you, you'll probably know pretty quick. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've actually found women in general to be pretty obvious (albeit not direct) when they're interested in you.
what is shitpost

SlowPokemon

In general when people like each other a relationship follows pretty quickly
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: InsigTurtle on April 30, 2017, 01:15:12 AMWhich would be cool, except for the fact that I need to finish this essay tomorrow, and I gotta start studying for AP chem since that's on Monday. Whoops.
I'm in the same boat with AP Chem >_<

Quote from: Altissimo on April 30, 2017, 04:26:36 AMWhat does this mean and how do you know it? It's an incredibly common stereotype that "all girls go for bad boys" but like... it's a stereotype. So are you extrapolating this fact about this friend or is it something she has told you herself? Because if it is the former then you may need to reconsider your approach to women, thinking like that is thinking that will you turn you into a fedora-wearing neckbeard lol
She's told me herself. I may not know what I'm doing, but I at least know that much.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 30, 2017, 07:37:35 AMSounds like your date was actually not interested in you romantically at all, sorry

That's the only explanation for literally pushing you toward the other girl and turning down your requests to dance
Yeahhh... it's really complicated; she was my date, but we went as friends. I kinda gave up on trying to get into a relationship (that's already been discussed on here)
The only reason she said yes was because she knew I'm a fun person to be around at events like this.

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on April 30, 2017, 10:58:18 AM^ Agreeing with this

If she's interested in you, you'll probably know pretty quick. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've actually found women in general to be pretty obvious (albeit not direct) when they're interested in you.
I know. People are just confusing, and me not having much relationship experience doesn't help. But I just wish I could go to one event without SOMETHING being mentioned dealing with relationships. That stuff seems to follow me wherever I go o_O

Ninja'd
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Altissimo

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on April 30, 2017, 10:58:18 AMIf she's interested in you, you'll probably know pretty quick. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've actually found women in general to be pretty obvious (albeit not direct) when they're interested in you.

thats because yall men are terrible at figuring out when women like yall so the women have to make it exceedingly clear or else its not gonna happen

i flirted with my now-bf for literal weeks and he did not fucking notice so eventually i got fed up and came right out and said "i like u ok" and thats how that happened

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 30, 2017, 11:38:21 AMI just wish I could go to one event without SOMETHING being mentioned dealing with relationships.
Where there are humans, there are relationships. Everything you do or say, intentionally or otherwise, adheres to natural sexual human tendency. 
Quote from: Altissimo on April 30, 2017, 11:53:49 AMthats because yall men are terrible at figuring out when women like yall so the women have to make it exceedingly clear or else its not gonna happen
Yup yup, siree
innit

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Altissimo on April 30, 2017, 11:53:49 AMi flirted with my now-bf for literal weeks and he did not fucking notice
That's because people shouldn't be hinting they like someone. People should actually stop being cowards and tell the person they have a crush on or love how they feel.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

cashwarrior1

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on April 30, 2017, 01:06:49 PMThat's because people shouldn't be hinting they like someone. People should actually stop being cowards and tell the person they have a crush on or love how they feel.
Nah, people are scary.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 30, 2017, 01:08:06 PMNah, people are scary.
I know. I think I might be allergic to people, but we must all persevere or nothing will ever happen.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on April 30, 2017, 01:06:49 PMPeople should actually stop being cowards and tell the person they have a crush on or love how they feel.
Yeah, tell people how you feeeeeeel!
For example:
Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 30, 2017, 01:08:06 PMNah, people are scary.
Hey gurl u lookin' mighty scary have uh g'day na ;)
innit

Altissimo

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on April 30, 2017, 01:06:49 PMThat's because people shouldn't be hinting they like someone. People should actually stop being cowards and tell the person they have a crush on or love how they feel.

I believe it is better to start out being subtle if possible because if you are too forward about it too early on it can actually make things immensely awkward in the future which is likely not the desired outcome. Flirting can be a way to a gauge their reaction to certain situations that you present them with without being overly serious, direct, or demanding. If they react negatively to your efforts, you know that you may have to find another tactic or give up entirely. If they react positively, then either perhaps it will come out on its own (the thing I was expecting to happen) or you can be emboldened in working up the courage to tell them directly (what actually ended up happening).