News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 10, 2019, 10:26:33 AMrip in peace nsm forum 9/07 - 2/08
Dude. I know your a mod, but I never knew you were active anymore.

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on March 10, 2019, 12:43:24 PMI burnt my thumb ow
Ouch. One time, on the 4th of July (Independence Day in America), my aunt wasn't paying attention and was shoving a punk into my thumb, I didn't even notice until there was a nice big bubble... (She's legally blind so I don't hold it against her really but it didn't feel good.)
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

Tobbeh99

Went to a smash tournament today. And I'm pretty happy as it went pretty well for me. I was seeded like 25th or something. And I won my first match. But the second match was even more important for me. As I played against a pretty good player, who was seeded 7th in the tournament. And he played really good, played Piranha Plant and he's the best plant I've faced so far. But I also played really well. And I won against him 2-1. I won first game, he second, and me the third. So it felt really awesome, beating a strong player. Then later I lost my next game 2-0, against another strong opponent, went down to losers. Then I faced some new guy (I haven't seen before), and I felt like I could have won that game, but I lost 2-1. A bit salty that I lost that one, would have been awesome winning that one as well, getting pretty far in bracket. But y, still pretty happy over my wins. And especially that one against the strong player.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

cashwarrior1

That sounds awesome! One day you'll make it to the top, I believe in you!

mikey

today I am upset that they got rid of the cool nintendo club rewards for this my nintendo crap
unmotivated

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: mikey on March 10, 2019, 05:29:52 PMtoday I am upset that they got rid of the cool nintendo club rewards for this my nintendo crap
I never used that service much anyway.

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: Libera on March 10, 2019, 06:06:05 PMhttps://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=5270.0
Six years ago.
I'm hoping it's that way with Mario galaxy, like Super Mario Galaxy 3! Odyssey is good, but I would just adore to have the series keep going, they were just so good, and unique in different ways. Let's be honest here, Mario odyssey can't replace the awesome power ups, the amazing galaxies, the beutifully orchestrated music, etc... I also love that it actually had a hub world. Those two games were truly master pieces that are just amazing to this very day.

mikey

unmotivated

Splatoon Inkling

Dudeman

Don't mind him, Mikey has contrary opinions about everything.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Splatoon Inkling

mikey

It never felt like a worthy successor to me. Odyssey feels more like a galaxy sequel than galaxy 2 did honestly
Galaxy 2 and 3d world don't really fit in with the rest of the 3d Marios in my opinion
It doesn't mean they're not good games but galaxy 2 sharing a name with galaxy I would consider a mistake

I consider the other 3 3d Mario games to be effective sequels to 64
unmotivated

Splatoon Inkling

Mario odyssey incorporated things from Mario 64 into it, Cappy is essentially the wing cap, metal cap, and invisible cap put together into some amazing! (Ok no not really it's more like taking kirby's copy abilities, and calling it something totally new, lol.) Mario odyssey is a good sequel to the 3d Mario games, I feel Mario 3d world was a bit different then the rest in ways, but to me Mario Galaxy 1, and 2 are just so good.

Dudeman

Quote from: mikey on March 10, 2019, 09:09:26 PMIt never felt like a worthy successor to me. Odyssey feels more like a galaxy sequel than galaxy 2 did honestly
Galaxy 2 and 3d world don't really fit in with the rest of the 3d Marios in my opinion
It doesn't mean they're not good games but galaxy 2 sharing a name with galaxy I would consider a mistake

I consider the other 3 3d Mario games to be effective sequels to 64
...I don't see how you can consider Mario Odyssey closer to Galaxy 1 than Galaxy 2 is to Galaxy 1, since the Galaxy games literally run on the same engine and feature the exact same core gameplay and movement options. That's...that's really baffling, actually. I think you're thinking too much in terms of the structure of the level selects, maybe? Galaxy 2 is on a world map and its levels have checkpoint flags, but otherwise it and Galaxy 1 have levels that are constructed in very similar fashions. I'm gonna need you to be more specific on how Galaxy 2 is so much more different from Galaxy 1 that Odyssey is more of a follow-up to Galaxy 1 than the game that is literally its sequel.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book