News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Zunawe on October 08, 2012, 02:30:33 PMFun fact: If you click the first link in the body of a Wikipedia page that's not italicized or in parentheses it will lead you to a new page. If you do the same for every page you are sent to, you will eventually get to Philosophy. Endless hours of entertainment when bored.

(Yes, it works with Mashi)

EDIT: This should be a game. "Greatest Number of Links Before Reaching Philosophy"
>:(
Yes I actually tried it.  Went from Greek language right back to Indo-European.  There's a loop.

...can't believe I actually did that....

Ruto

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 08, 2012, 03:47:58 PM...?
Did I miss it? What did it say?

It said he was an idiot in the first line, with the appropriate link. Apparently idiot was used as an appropriate medical term back in the 1800s for a mentally retarded person.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Ruto on October 09, 2012, 08:34:38 AMIt said he was an idiot in the first line, with the appropriate link. Apparently idiot was used as an appropriate medical term back in the 1800s for a mentally retarded person.
What is the reason, may I ask?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Ruto

He made some idiotic comments about science while serving as a member of the Committee on Science, Space and Technology of the House of Representatives and spouted some other nonsense about YEC.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Ruto on October 09, 2012, 11:03:03 AMHe made some idiotic comments about science while serving as a member of the Committee on Science, Space and Technology of the House of Representatives and spouted some other nonsense about YEC.
Hmmm... at least he's not afraid to speak his mind...

The worst part, though, is below the article...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Zunawe

Quote from: Ruto on October 09, 2012, 08:34:38 AMIt said he was an idiot in the first line, with the appropriate link. Apparently idiot was used as an appropriate medical term back in the 1800s for a mentally retarded person.
Idiot, stupid, imbecilic, dumb, retarded, etc. . . are all medical terms that we've associated with intelligence over time. We adapted them because the only word to be used to really insult somebody's intelligence is "unintelligent" which sounds terrible.

You're so unintelligent! (Or, possibly, You lack intellect!)

We went over this in AP Euro. It's impossible for me to say "idiot" without thinking of the original meaning.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

spitllama

Wow just found out about the grumble volcano ultra shortcut. Who takes the time to figure this stuff out?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

fabbemannen

Then you should see the shortcut in Wario's Goldmine or the mushroom-race

FSM-Reapr

fabbemannen

Assuming he meant this one. You can do it without mushrooms too

Bubbles

So I was arguing today with a group of friends about whether or not asians can be naturally born with red hair and/or freckles. I looked it up but there doesnt seem to be any real clear answer. And I dont mean a little bit of auburness when it gets hit yb sunlight, I mean full on bright orangey yellow. This may seem completely random, but any ideas? (For the record many in the group were asian and they had no idea)

Zunawe

It's just complex punnet squares, right? Or at least something similar. I would say it's possible, just uncommon.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Yugi

ETFROXX