News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Yes, I'm having trouble.... although with my new breeding of yellow Pikmin, I wanna say I've found another, heavily guarded one.

TODAY WE TAKE THE FOREST OF HOPE BY STORM! >:D

Toby

Hi guys, add me on skype~ DaBoiDatCriedWuff

fabbemannen

ugh...not worth it

Anyhow, hi again guys. Was awhile since I last showed up, but I'll try to avoid going on a bumping spree (unless I need to remind certain guys about certain topics)

EDIT: Oh well, since noone posted in this topic before I was done, I might as well say that I checked all 41 pages (titles at least), and there were mostly spam like always ^^
See you again, and I'll probably mess up Fingerz' times in MK7, just because

Toby

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: fabbemannen on March 03, 2013, 09:22:21 AMAnyhow, hi again guys. Was awhile since I last showed up, but I'll try to avoid going on a bumping spree (unless I need to remind certain guys about certain topics)

EDIT: Oh well, since noone posted in this topic before I was done, I might as well say that I checked all 41 pages (titles at least), and there were mostly spam like always ^^
See you again, and I'll probably mess up Fingerz' times in MK7, just because
Hi neighbor. I really was feeling sad to see a fellow Scandinavian leave. :(

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bubbles

So apparently I'm Nintendo Nocturne? I didnt even know until blue told me XD

Its not even been a year >.<

blueflower999

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on March 03, 2013, 01:01:00 PMSo apparently I'm Nintendo Nocturne? I didnt even know until blue told me XD

Its not even been a year >.<
And that's why you have a 9.498 post average.  :P
Bulbear! Blueflower999

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

fabbemannen

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on March 03, 2013, 12:57:34 PMHi neighbor. I really was feeling sad to see a fellow Scandinavian leave. :(
well, I'm not really leaving. I just take...uhm...let's call it "vacations"

Jompa

Hey Fabbe, WB,
Sorry, I have to ask you something; It is actually for a school assignment:
Does Swedish people understand Norwegian? And I don't mean understanding the writing, but actually understanding someone who's talking to you in Norwegian. I've heard different things about this, both that you do understand, and that you guys don't.
And I am actually in pretty desperate need to know!! :P
Birdo for Smash

fabbemannen

Completely depends on what dialect they are speaking. Most Norwegian dialects are like hearing them speak Swedish but with more "e" instead of "a", so yeah, it's pretty easy. But of course there are some that's pretty much impossible to understand, but those mostly speak in local dialects. Sometimes I get surprised on how terrible some Swedes are at Norwegian, but most people understand it.
Norway got a lot of different ways of writing (nynorsk and gammelnorsk (new and old norwegian) are the most common ones) , but most of it is understandable.

Swedes, Norwegians and Danes basically can speak to eachother, but there are always some that are hard to understand. Danish can give you headaches, it's just too messy to listen to ^^ (imagine someone that speaks Swedish/Norwegian with some mud in their throat, that basically sums up Danish :D)
Icelandic is similar to the other languages, but we can't speak with them just like that. They are more like a native language that noone understands anymore.
No need to mention Finnish, that's a completely different language (some words are still the same in both Swedish and Finnish though).

Jompa

Quote from: fabbemannen on March 03, 2013, 03:03:11 PMCompletely depends on what dialect they are speaking. Most Norwegian dialects are like hearing them speak Swedish but with more "e" instead of "a", so yeah, it's pretty easy. But of course there are some that's pretty much impossible to understand, but those mostly speak in local dialects. Sometimes I get surprised on how terrible some Swedes are at Norwegian, but most people understand it.
Norway got a lot of different ways of writing (nynorsk and gammelnorsk (new and old norwegian) are the most common ones) , but most of it is understandable.

Swedes, Norwegians and Danes basically can speak to eachother, but there are always some that are hard to understand. Danish can give you headaches, it's just too messy to listen to ^^ (imagine someone that speaks Swedish/Norwegian with some mud in their throat, that basically sums up Danish :D)
Icelandic is similar to the other languages, but we can't speak with them just like that. They are more like a native language that noone understands anymore.
No need to mention Finnish, that's a completely different language (some words are still the same in both Swedish and Finnish though).
You know what? That was extreeeeemely helpful!! :D That cleared up everything!
Also, the writing in Norwegian isn't called gammelnorsk, it's called bokmål. There's no such thing as gammelnorsk :P
And I agree, Danish sounds like someone with a potato down their throat, Icelandic is incomprehensible and Finnish is just totally weird :P
Birdo for Smash

Kman96

Party Hard!
[close]

Bubbles

I never got why you put that there. Of COURSE you've seen yourself naked ::)