News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EFitTrainr

He hasn't spoken to me for over a week now.
I like food.

SuperFireKirby

HAY KMAN, QUIT BEING SUCHA DICKBUTT AND TALK TO YOUR HUSBAND.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

mikey

...Are you drunk again?

Yeah if somebody stops talking to me I usually confront them about it.  Ask what I did wrong so that I can stop doing that wrong ^_^

Although it could have something to do with the previously mentioned prom.
unmotivated

EFitTrainr

Or, you know, the fact that I fucked up real bad.

(I just found out why.)

I am a shitty frieend
I like food.

mikey

Quote from: shadowkirby on January 17, 2014, 05:35:48 PMOr, you know, the fact that I fucked up real bad.

(I just found out why.)

I am a shitty frieend
Will saying sorry help?
I mean he's been your friend for quite some time.  I doubt that one thing would really jeopardize that.
unmotivated

Yugi

DrP

Nintendo is finally changing their focus since their forecasts fell short.

It seems that we may be seeing a huge change-up with Nintendo this year.

News Article

They're going to post a quarterly loss of $240m and it they are lowering their projections on the sale of Wii U consoles... and this is coming after increase in 3DS sales in October. They are planning on changing their strategy (which they should've done before they started working on the 3DS idea).

They're going to look into the smartphone market. I think they should use whatever cash they have left to acquire some start-ups in the gaming industry and focus their attention on software development and dump hardware.

Clanker37

Quote from: DrP on January 18, 2014, 07:56:05 PMThey're going to look into the smartphone market. I think they should use whatever cash they have left to acquire some start-ups in the gaming industry and focus their attention on software development and dump hardware.
Nintendo has more money than a cashed up bogan. The Wii craze was very profitable.

Bubbles

Quote from: DrP on January 18, 2014, 07:56:05 PMThey're going to look into the smartphone market.
I don't like this idea. I don't think the world needs another smart phone, since not much else really competes with Apple anymore. I'd rather them stick to games (and actually make some new series or something)

And uh mariolegofan...could I ask what you're going to do with that information?

DrP

Quote from: Clanker37 on January 18, 2014, 08:49:48 PMNintendo has more money than a cashed up bogan. The Wii craze was very profitable.
Yes, but it has been 8 years since the Wii was released and operating costs have risen in the past 5 years. Plus Nintendo invested money into producing the 3DS (which is where most of their income is coming from now) and the Wii U.

Quote from: Bubbles on January 18, 2014, 09:17:19 PMI don't like this idea. I don't think the world needs another smart phone, since not much else really competes with Apple anymore. I'd rather them stick to games (and actually make some new series or something)
I was referring to making games for smartphones -- Nintendo making a smartphone would probably make them go out of business. And Google competes with Apple... very much so (in terms of software -- Apple takes the cake in amount of smartphones in current use)

Quote from: Bubbles on January 18, 2014, 09:17:19 PMAnd uh mariolegofan...could I ask what you're going to do with that information?
Yeah, I don't think it is good to publicize someone's personal information like that here, especially without their consent.

Bubbles

Quote from: DrP on January 18, 2014, 09:37:21 PMI was referring to making games for smartphones -- Nintendo making a smartphone would probably make them go out of business. And Google competes with Apple... very much so (in terms of software -- Apple takes the cake in amount of smartphones in current use)
Oh, I guess that makes sense. And I was just speaking from experience, since I literally know less than ten people who have smartphones that aren't iPhones (and just about all of them always complain about it)

Ruto

Ehh this girl stuff never ends with you guys :( I'm just going to add how much people change from high school to college and I'm glad I didn't date the guys I liked in high school for the sake of dating. (I was the nerdy girl with thick glasses and bad hair. Also I might have worn the same kind of clothes over and over again. I sort of still do but at least it's okay now XD)

Ask whoever was the last to talk to olimar...

I don't think Nintendo will make a phone, at most, maybe develop something for it? Like some apps...what if they make a Pokemon version of Candy Crush or something?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

FierceDeity

Quote from: Bubbles on January 18, 2014, 09:17:19 PMnot much else really competes with Apple anymore

In terms of economic success, maybe not. In terms of phone quality, there are multiple smartphones out there I'd prefer over the iphone, namely the galaxy S series.

Quote from: Bubbles on January 18, 2014, 09:17:19 PMAnd uh mariolegofan...could I ask what you're going to do with that information?

Hahahahahaha I was literally too uncomfortable to ask this question. My bet's on facebook stalking and asking him to come back, in which case...don't, uh...don't do that...
although, I do miss him D:

Quote from: Ruto on January 18, 2014, 10:04:50 PMI don't think Nintendo will make a phone, at most, maybe develop something for it? Like some apps...what if they make a Pokemon version of Candy Crush or something?

Sega already made a mobile temple run-style Sonic game called Sonic Dash. Although, that's Sega, and they've been pretty desperate for a while now.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote"We are thinking about a new business structure," Iwata said at a press conference yesterday in Osaka, Japan. "Given the expansion of smart devices, we are naturally studying how smart devices can be used to grow the game-player business. It's not as simple as enabling Mario to move on a smartphone."

Not quite what you're summarizing the statements as :P

A recent article I read on the whole Nintendo stop being morons and do something subject: http://www.gamesradar.com/nintendos-wii-u-sales-are-tailspin-there-drastic-way-out/

My impression is that Nintendo's upper management is stock full of old fashioned (or maybe just plain old) individuals who have some naive notion that they'll always be the top and don't need to look elsewhere to gauge the market or even help in development.  This is especially highlighted in another article interviewing a dev that worked with the Wii U dev kit prior to its release: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-secret-developers-wii-u-the-inside-story

There's the hilarious detail there that the developers at Nintendo didn't even use any of the competing systems, much less their online services, so they had no notion as to what people expected of a proper online, or even general system dashboard experience.

me irl
[close]

K-NiGhT

To make a long story short here, Nintendo's fucked this gen.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*