The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

I have a really weird way of dealing with death which is subconsciously ignoring it. Like today I was reading the front page of a newspaper about him and I caught myself thinking "I hope he's alright" and "He'll get better eventually". Most comedians are somewhat depressed, I just think this is surprising because he always played the happy role

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Bubbles on August 12, 2014, 03:03:54 PM"I hope he's alright" and "He'll get better eventually".
He might, you never know.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Zunawe

Quote from: Bloop on August 12, 2014, 01:07:39 PMI feel like I'm the only person on the internet who doesn't really care about Robin's death ;_; I mean, it's sad, but I'm not sad. I just don't feel the reason to be sad about a celebrity dying, being it suicide or a natural death.
Just a guess, Robin Williams was a person that many, many people grew up with. And many of said people now use the internet almost religiously. Don't take that too far; it's only a theory. Not only that, but he kinda became his own character. I personally haven't ever been too concerned about the death of a celebrity because I never really grew to appreciate and respect many of them. But this one actually hit me and I teared up a little.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bloop

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 12, 2014, 03:10:08 PMHe might, you never know.
O wise lord and master Maestro, dost thou know how to wake the fallen with thine magic? (and am I using this old-English right?)

Quote from: Zunawe on August 12, 2014, 03:14:04 PMJust a guess, Robin Williams was a person that many, many people grew up with. And many of said people now use the internet almost religiously. Don't take that too far; it's only a theory. Not only that, but he kinda became his own character. I personally haven't ever been too concerned about the death of a celebrity because I never really grew to appreciate and respect many of them. But this one actually hit me and I teared up a little.
I was thinking about that too, yeah. I think he wasn't that popular here in the Netherlands. The only movie I could know him from was Aladdin, but then he was voiced over by a Dutch man ,_,

Jompa

I have no idea who he even is I didn't say anything
Birdo for Smash

braix

Quote from: Jompa on August 12, 2014, 03:55:23 PMI have no idea who he even is I didn't say anything
...I'mgladI'mnottheonlyone
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bloop

He played roles I didn't know he played in movies I never saw, it seems.

mikey

He's probably most famous for Dead Poet's Society, Aladdin, and Robots.  There's a ton more, like Mrs. Doubtfire, and he had his own TV show I'm pretty sure.  But if you haven't seen one of those three then I think you might live in a rock.  Or a pineapple
unmotivated

FierceDeity

But seriously people, watch The Birdcage.

Sebastian

Quote from: FierceDeity on August 12, 2014, 05:25:44 PMBut seriously people, watch The Birdcage.
I recognize him from Mrs. Doubtfire, Aladdin, and Night at the Museum 1 & 2.....& 3....which is in post-production.

mikey

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 12, 2014, 06:36:45 PMI recognize him from Mrs. Doubtfire, Aladdin, and Night at the Museum 1 & 2.....& 3....which is in post-production.
Dude I totally forgot about Night at the Museum lol
he plays teddy
unmotivated

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 12, 2014, 05:18:02 PMHe's probably most famous for Dead Poet's Society, Aladdin, and Robots.  There's a ton more, like Mrs. Doubtfire, and he had his own TV show I'm pretty sure.  But if you haven't seen one of those three then I think you might live in a rock.  Or a pineapple
Robots? Dude, nobody remembers Robots. Replace it with Good Will Hunting and your list is far more solid.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Maelstrom

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 12, 2014, 07:33:02 PMRobots? Dude, nobody remembers Robots. Replace it with Good Will Hunting and your list is far more solid.
*nobody wants to remember Robots

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Sebastian

Anyone know if N64 Games are gonna be on the Wii U Virtual Store and if they are when they'll be released?