The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Can someone translate this song title for me?
犯行の予告状読み上げ(ラック眼力)

Dude

Am I'm assuming this is for an arrangement or are you just curious?

If it's for an arrangement, go for romaji.
If you're just curious I can piece it together somewhat but it's hard to get the same meaning.

I'm thinking something along the lines of like "releasing/reading details(?) of the crime" Releasing sounds better if you say it in English, but to stay true to the original meaning I also put reading.

I don't quite understand what 予告状 is. Google says advance notice or something like that but I don't really get it.

I have no clue on the stuff in parentheses. "Rack" is the only thing that I can read so... Bleh.

Maelstrom

It's from umineko, when characters are going over facts surrounding the scene of the crime, so that sounds about right.

Echo

Quote from: Dude on August 21, 2014, 06:54:32 PMI have no clue on the stuff in parentheses. "Rack" is the only thing that I can read so... Bleh.

I think ラック眼力 is the composer or arranger.
http://vgmdb.net/artist/6620

So I guess it's supposed to say "luck" instead of "rack." "Ganriki" (眼力) means "insight" or "power of observation."

予告 means prior notice, and 予告状 would be like, a notice card or a notice form or something (edit: found another translation saying "manifesto"). Would be better to know the context, but I don't know anything about Umineko's story, and I'm having trouble finding the OST for this song too. I think I read somewhere that there's not even an official OST, so where'd the title even come from? >_>

Harvest

Looking back on my use of this website:

:o
-

KefkaticFanatic

a harvest post without drugz or sexual activity references, what is the world coming to

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

braix

< This noob doesn't know what it used to be
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Echo on August 21, 2014, 07:33:30 PMI think ラック眼力 is the composer or arranger.
http://vgmdb.net/artist/6620

So I guess it's supposed to say "luck" instead of "rack." "Ganriki" (眼力) means "insight" or "power of observation."

予告 means prior notice, and 予告状 would be like, a notice card or a notice form or something (edit: found another translation saying "manifesto"). Would be better to know the context, but I don't know anything about Umineko's story, and I'm having trouble finding the OST for this song too. I think I read somewhere that there's not even an official OST, so where'd the title even come from? >_>
I got it directly from the game files. Most of the songs were translated into english, but not his one. Here's a youtube link:
Spoiler
[close]

Jompa

I think it refers to how the murders are played out accordingly to the family epitaph, which they always remember at some crime scenes in all the games.
I might be very off - double language barrier and all.
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

I'm about to go to this beach party and expect to be coming out as a walking flour and ketchup pile

Roz~

I need a new computer, so friend said he could build me one for cheap.
I didn't know almost $1000 was cheap. Especially considering I told him I don't need a badass graphic card and stuff.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

mikey

Quote from: Roz~ on August 22, 2014, 01:06:07 PMI need a new computer, so friend said he could build me one for cheap.
I didn't know almost $1000 was cheap. Especially considering I told him I don't need a badass graphic card and stuff.
That's on the expensive end as far as I can tell, especially for building one yourself which is obviously usually cheaper.  I'd think like 600 is on the cheap side if we're talking about mega awesome gaming PC and whatnot
unmotivated

Roz~

Yeah it's pretty expensive from what I can tell. I want a PC that can run games ofc, but I don't care if I have to run games at medium instead of high. I told him that but I think he didn't understand. I'd build one myself but I don't know sheet about PCs.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

braix

including the os, monitor, keyboard, etc. it would cost even more. $900-$1000 is the cheapest it'll get.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.