The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Damn, that's true too... I adore flute a lot, but then my choices are just piling up at this point...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Strings are best imo, but woodwinds are cool too. Just don't choose brass, everyone will hate you.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 15, 2015, 05:51:39 AMStrings are best imo, but woodwinds are cool too. Just don't choose brass, everyone will hate you.
Why?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

I like strings and woods equally.
I recommend flute or cello.....I play cello and love it.

Jompa

Saxophones (which is what I play) are by FAAAAAR the easiest instruments to learn and play, considering the work that needs to be put in (at least when it comes to wind instruments).
Though if I could re-do my life, I'd probably have chosen to play trumpet, as I'm sure that would be the most rewarding for me.
Birdo for Smash

MaestroUGC

Well if you want to ensure you have a job as a performer learn the English Horn alongside the Oboe.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nebbles

I'm really leaning towards violin despite guitar being the better/easier path. Of course, I'll probably learn both eventually, but still.

Maelstrom

There are too many violin players in the world.
Try viola. I've got a friend that is absolutely incredible at it.

FireArrow

I've played the flute for 7 years, and you'd think I'd be good at it. But nope, I hated it so much I just straight up never improved. I regret nothing. Cello is really fun though :]
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

Guitar isn't really the better path in any way.... Like even percussion is more useful than guitar
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

The world needs more lady timpanists.

By which I mean I need more lady timpanists.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nebbles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 15, 2015, 11:16:59 AMGuitar isn't really the better path in any way.... Like even percussion is more useful than guitar

...really? I thought guitar was like, an excellent secondary.

Hero of Trains

I have no idea how good guitar is, but if you do choose to play it, please know of other types of guitar (classical and flamenco, I play both) and don't try to tell me I'm doing it wrong when I've been learning guitar for 2-3 times longer than you.
/rant
Actually, flamenco guitar is really fun, but it takes a ton of practice.  :P
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Nebbles

It sounds super fun... but hmm, it's really hard to pick. I've loved violin for ages, but we have an old guitar here that can be fixed up and used.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Nebbles on July 15, 2015, 11:32:29 AM...really? I thought guitar was like, an excellent secondary.

It's pretty useless at the collegiate level, though.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!