The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

We don't really need any more hydrogen, there's plenty of it to go around.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Hero of Trains

No, you can't artificially create Hydrogen. And yeah, an overabundance of anything can be harmful.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

mayastarr041

Then I think there should be a way to use hydrogen, since there are many, to use it to stop global warming or maybe diffuse it with oxygen to create water. I mean oxygen is everywhere and so is hydrogen! Just a thought.
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

mayastarr041

Quote from: Hero of Trains on August 24, 2015, 08:56:52 PMNo, you can't artificially create Hydrogen. And yeah, an overabundance of anything can be harmful.
Yeah like overabundance of meth.

Hero of Trains

Hydrogen is not a cause of global warming. Those are greenhouse gases such as CO2 and Methane.
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

blueflower999

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 24, 2015, 08:55:24 PMThen is there a possible way to artificially create hydrogen? That might be useful and would an overabundance of hydrogen be harmful as well?
You don't really need to artificially create Hydrogen. It's the most abundant element in the Universe. We'll run out of most other things before we run out of Hydrogen.

Quote from: Hero of Trains on August 24, 2015, 08:56:52 PMNo, you can't artificially create Hydrogen. And yeah, an overabundance of anything can be harmful.
I mean you probably could take some radioactive Isotope of Lithium and have it decay to create Hydrogen. But why would you do that lol

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 24, 2015, 08:57:52 PMThen I think there should be a way to use hydrogen, since there are many, to use it to stop global warming or maybe diffuse it with oxygen to create water. I mean oxygen is everywhere and so is hydrogen! Just a thought.
Hydrogen and Oxygen don't bond so easily. You need to put a ton of energy into the system to make them bond. Just putting the two gases near each other isn't going to create water.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

MaestroUGC

My favorite element is Maestronium. It's roughly #2264 on the periodic table, but it's hard to say because it's almost impossible to study and discern through it's sheer radiance. The force of its own nuclear bonding gives off enough light and radiation to rival our own sun, and it's been known to behave more according to the laws of quantum mechanics than traditional atomic theory. Even you could detect a single atom of the stuff it's likely to simply vanish into a higher dimension or, in extremely rare circumstances, actually convert nearby matter into the lesser Fundinium, a noble heavy metal.

Science is fun sometimes.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mayastarr041

My notebook is already 2 pages full. I thank you all for filling me with knowledge. Soon I will have an IQ of over 120! No chance in hell.

FireArrow

Couldn't you theoretically take a helium and get rid of the neutrons and one proton?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mayastarr041

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 24, 2015, 08:59:29 PMMy favorite element is Maestronium. It's roughly #2264 on the periodic table, but it's hard to say because it's almost impossible to study and discern through it's sheer radiance. The force of its own nuclear bonding gives off enough light and radiation to rival our own sun, and it's been known to behave more according to the laws of quantum mechanics than traditional atomic theory. Even you could detect a single atom of the stuff it's likely to simply vanish into a higher dimension or, in extremely rare circumstances, actually convert nearby matter into the lesser Fundinium, a noble heavy metal.

Science is fun sometimes.
Hall of quotes. :)

Hero of Trains

I'll take this moment to pose a question.
How do I know so many chemical formulas?
Like, I just spat out the formula for Luminol today. Where did I even learn that?

braix

Whats Luminol
Is it some kind of skin care product
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Hero of Trains

No. Of course not. It's used for detecting traces of blood at crime scenes.

blueflower999

Quote from: FireArrow on August 24, 2015, 09:00:32 PMCouldn't you theoretically take a helium and get rid of the neutrons and one proton?
It'd be easier to get Lithium to undergo Alpha decay.

Which I actually looked up a list of Lithium isotopes and that's not as easy as I thought.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

mayastarr041

Did you get that from ace attorney? I could be wrong cause mayas sister was murdered there. Poor girl.