The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Ruto

Quote from: shadowkirby on November 30, 2015, 02:09:18 AMI made an alternate account here. Twice, actually. One was called The Doctor, and I was assisted in shenanigans by the long-departed Triforced1. That only lasted a few days, though.
My other one was called Mr. Saturn. I impersonated a Mr. Saturn from the Earthbound series. That was just downright silly.
Wait, Tri helped you??? D:<<<<<< I guess that was his "style" -.-

Quote from: shadowkirby on November 30, 2015, 02:09:18 AMI ate at Steak Shack with Ruto.

Ohh, remember that Avatar cosplayer also in line in Shake Shack? Wish we got seats instead of eating the burgers and walking though.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

mikey

Quote from: FireArrow on November 30, 2015, 07:32:26 PMI think the issue itself has some value in discussing, but the article used to cover it was terrible. Not only was it biased, but it didn't even explain the issue or why it's controversial - it just showed a misunderstanding of the second amendment and framed gays as some kind of evil political monster (hint: they just want to be treated like any other straight couple, not some degenerate form of love.)

Just phrase it as a discussion question instead of linking an incredibly degrading and bigoted article: Should private institutions be able to choose not to marry same sex couples?
I apologize for that, I know the article was biased.  But like I said, this was on my facebook page cause I know a guy who's even more conservative than bloo is.  Also, I don't think the article is the one misunderstanding the second amendment  ::)
as far as the topic goes, what do you think?
unmotivated

FireArrow

The second amendment is what makes our society secular. I find it ironic that people will use the second amendment to try and justify Christian prayer is school yet also use it as a counter point to Muslim prayer in school. Anyways...

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 30, 2015, 08:25:48 PMI apologize for that, I know the article was biased.  But like I said, this was on my facebook page cause I know a guy who's even more conservative than bloo is.  Also, I don't think the article is the one misunderstanding the second amendment  ::)
as far as the topic goes, what do you think?

Say you have some cultural festival celebrating when Jupiter aligns with Saturn. Then someone who's favorite planet is Mars comes in and calls the celebration bigoted for not including all the planets and demands that there also be a celebration for Mars aligning with Jupiter. That's ridiculous. Similarly, if to a Christian marriage is the cultural celebration of the union of a man and a woman, I think we should respect that and not force them to marry same sex couples. The being said, religious and political marriage are pretty much one thing right now, and denying gay couples equal benefits for union is discrimination and unconstitutional. The best solution to this IMO is to separate religious and political marriage (you can even rename political marriage if you want) and have the government only recognize and give benefits for the former. Then let the churches decided who they want to offer religious marriage to.

This way:
Gays and straights are treated equally under the law.
Religious people can practice their sacred ceremonies however they please without any consequences to gay people.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Dudeman

hate to interrupt but the 2nd amendment is the right to bear arms
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

EFitTrainr

Quote from: Ruto on November 30, 2015, 07:56:55 PMOhh, remember that Avatar cosplayer also in line in Shake Shack? Wish we got seats instead of eating the burgers and walking though.

The guy dressed as Tenzin?? Yep that was super unexpected/cool
I like food.

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on November 30, 2015, 08:55:34 PMhate to interrupt but the 2nd amendment is the right to bear arms
it's ok though we won't judge you for it lol it happens
Quote from: FireArrow on November 30, 2015, 08:44:28 PMSay you have some cultural festival celebrating when Jupiter aligns with Saturn. Then someone who's favorite planet is Mars comes in and calls the celebration bigoted for not including all the planets and demands that there also be a celebration for Mars aligning with Jupiter. That's ridiculous. Similarly, if to a Christian marriage is the cultural celebration of the union of a man and a woman, I think we should respect that and not force them to marry same sex couples. The being said, religious and political marriage are pretty much one thing right now, and denying gay couples equal benefits for union is discrimination and unconstitutional. The best solution to this IMO is to separate religious and political marriage (you can even rename political marriage if you want) and have the government only recognize and give benefits for the former. Then let the churches decided who they want to offer religious marriage to.

This way:
Gays and straights are treated equally under the law.
Religious people can practice their sacred ceremonies however they please without any consequences to gay people.
I like what you're thinking even if I can't follow it all the way.  Are you perhaps very tired?  I think it's difficult for government to define what does or does not constitute marriage and the ruling in Supreme Court a while back made that definition even more unclear for everyone.  An amendment (if that's what you're suggesting) could prevent conflicts like this from needlessly rising up
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 30, 2015, 09:15:00 PMit's ok though we won't judge you for it lol it happens

Bleh, both amendments are making big news anyways.

QuoteI like what you're thinking even if I can't follow it all the way.  Are you perhaps very tired?  I think it's difficult for government to define what does or does not constitute marriage and the ruling in Supreme Court a while back made that definition even more unclear for everyone.  An amendment (if that's what you're suggesting) could prevent conflicts like this from needlessly rising up

Marriage doesn't have one definition. Don't assume the christian marriage is the only one, because frankly that's not the one gays even want.

I want this
, not this.

mikey

I was actually going to say something about there being so many definitions of marriage how can they choose what is and isn't but I didn't think it was relevant so I deleted it
unmotivated

FireArrow

Like I said, you can rename political marriage to "recognized Union" or something. Nomenclature is not important to me, though it does bear significance to Christians.

Yugi

now that nsm's over 10 years old its starting to enter its angsty teenager years

EFitTrainr

Am I the weird girl who no one really talks to or takes seriously
I like food.

Zunawe

This article undersells this discovery, but we've found a method for creating a new solid form of carbon that is harder than diamond and has ferromagnetic properties.

Link

The room temperature thing is kinda misleading with them heating it to 4000 K and all that. It's also one of the least impressive things about this. I'm actually really excited about all this.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

mikey

unmotivated