News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

They aren't.

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on January 19, 2016, 06:08:27 PM"the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men."

In case you missed it,

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on January 19, 2016, 06:08:27 PM equality to men
what is shitpost

mikey

so like I'm then totally justified to punch a girl
riiiiiiiiight
unmotivated

Dude

I thought I explained it pretty well on Skype.

Apparently I was wrong.

mikey

dunno why you thought that, given you didn't really respond to my argument other than saying "No" and "then you're a ****"
unmotivated

braix

Feminism is stupid because everyone hates each other anyway regardless of gender.
This isn't worth discussing here. Let me change the topic

pasta
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dude

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 19, 2016, 06:24:33 PMdunno why you thought that, given you didn't really respond to my argument other than saying "No" and "then you're a ****"
what where did I ever say that lmao

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 19, 2016, 06:20:15 PMso like I'm then totally justified to punch a girl
riiiiiiiiight
No, that's assault. As it would be if you were to punch a male or a third/transgender person.
If someone punches you, you have every right to defend yourself regardless of their gender.
what is shitpost

mikey

[6:40:56 PM] Emcee Mikey: fine, I'll throw ice in every girl's face from now on
[6:41:04 PM] It's me, Dude!: no i'm not saying that
[6:41:09 PM] Emcee Mikey: you're implying it
[6:41:10 PM] It's me, Dude!: i'm saying treat everyone equal
[6:41:19 PM] Emcee Mikey: yeah, and what if I throw ice in every dude's face
[6:41:41 PM] It's me, Dude!: that's fine as long as you throw it in everyone's face
[6:41:45 PM] Emcee Mikey: cool
[6:42:01 PM] It's me, Dude!: i don't get what's so hard to understand
[6:42:05 PM] Emcee Mikey: when I get stopped by an officer who received complaints about disturbances I'll tell him you said so
[6:42:22 PM] It's me, Dude!: good luck
[6:42:35 PM] Emcee Mikey: then he'll let me continue chucking ice in everybody's face, I'm sure of it

Quote from: Dude on January 19, 2016, 05:29:49 PMif you're holding the door only for her because she is a girl, then you're a dick

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on January 19, 2016, 06:28:59 PMNo, that's assault. As it would be if you were to punch a male or a third/transgender person.
If someone punches you, you have every right to defend yourself regardless of their gender.
well then if you don't assault your friends on a daily basis you don't have friends
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 19, 2016, 06:30:54 PMwell then if you don't assault your friends on a daily basis you don't have friends
I'm dying
what is shitpost

MaestroUGC

Friendly reminder:

Quote from: Forum Rules- No racism, sexism, or any other form of discrimination
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

I give up.

He's not worth this frustration.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 19, 2016, 06:13:18 PMso uh
why is FEMINIsm trying to be more MASCULINE

Feminism is the pursuit of equal rights to men. There's nothing masculine about that. The reason there is no movement for men's rights is because we live in a male-dominated society and we don't need one.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 19, 2016, 06:20:15 PMso like I'm then totally justified to punch a girl
riiiiiiiiight

No. You're not justified to punch anyone. Why would you want to punch a girl? Physical violence is not okay for anyone.

Feminism isn't saying that women don't want men to treat them well. It's saying they want to be treated as equals, not as inferior and certainly not as a separate species which is what you talk about them as if they were.

Your concept of "femininity" is a traditional one, i.e., dated, offensive, narrow-minded, and sexist. What it means to be a woman isn't determined by gender norms or traditional "femininity."
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 19, 2016, 06:36:27 PM(snip)
Thank you

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 19, 2016, 06:34:36 PMFriendly reminder
Nobody's being racist or sexist. We're openly discussing the values of Feminism.
Quote from:  Forum Rules- Calm debates on politics, religion, etc will be tolerated
what is shitpost

Dude

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 19, 2016, 06:36:27 PMFeminism is the pursuit of equal rights to men. There's nothing masculine about that. The reason there is no movement for men's rights is because we live in a male-dominated society and we don't need one.

No. You're not justified to punch anyone. Why would you want to punch a girl? Physical violence is not okay for anyone.

Feminism isn't saying that women don't want men to treat them well. It's saying they want to be treated as equals, not as inferior and certainly not as a separate species which is what you talk about them as if they were.

Your concept of "femininity" is a traditional one, i.e., dated, offensive, narrow-minded, and sexist. What it means to be a woman isn't determined by gender norms or traditional "femininity."
1) I'm totally for women in the same job/political/etc. positions as men and that they should have equal opportunities as far as the state goes.  When talking about social norms though, I think a guy should treat a woman with more respect than he does to other guys-  women are important people.

2)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 19, 2016, 06:30:54 PMwell then if you don't assault your friends on a daily basis you don't have friends
3) That's a given, but you guys make it sound like they don't want to be treated as superior either.
3.1) Women ARE a separate species though ;)  (THAT WAS A JOKE I SWEAR IF YOU DIDN'T GET THAT YOU HAVE ISSUES)
4) traditional, yeah, dated, yeah, offensive, doubt it, narrow-minded, most likely, sexist, eh, if racism is giving all black people 100k then racism is a pretty good thing

honestly guys I'm talking about the word feminism
like it's got feminine right in it regardless of what your lmgtfy link says.  Sheesh.
unmotivated