News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

Honestly, this is why I stick around. Not for the music, or all you guys' nerdy pokémon jokes, but because this sort of opening up is possible here. And I don't mean I would leave otherwise, just that even with all the things I have to keep me busy, this place has been a home base for me since I joined. Despite disagreements that may lead to unfortunate happenings every once in a while, we really are all here to listen to each other. It only takes a solemn word or two for everybody to come out and act human in more ways than one. Noc, nothing I have ever seen you write has seemed wrong (my vocab failed me, but that actually worked in its ambiguity). You very obviously have friends here to help. And maybe that sounds cliché, but truly, most of us would happily talk or listen to another member for hours simply because they ask earnestly. Don't miss a chance at that if you need it.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Dude

We interrupt this touching moment to bring you images.

Clanker37

Wow, that's...wow...

It must of been terribly hard to have written that. I commend your resilience. I would offer my shoulder in sympathy, but people who are far better equipped have already offered. Nevertheless, know that here, you are always welcome and that we all wish for you only the best.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Dude. I hope people realise that I am in fact talking to Noc, and not your post. Otherwise, my message is quite overstated.

E. Gadd Industries

Whoa... Dang, Noc. That's moving... I really don't know how to respond to that.... I may not be held in the highest regard amongst members here, but you have my support through this confusing journey known as "life". Perhaps, one day, maybe the load will be lifted and you won't feel so terribly burdened. Wait, not perhaps. It will happen.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Waddle Bro

throwback
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 09, 2014, 05:01:48 AMThe fact that you're still alive means there's always a chance for you to have a worse one!
IM KIDDING
[close]

for real though, the reason to live is the chance that you can find that reason! you fear death because fear is a mechanism to assure your existence, and that fear is what keeps you eating and maintaining yourself when it comes to it. if you feel like you can't handle the anxiety of everything being pointless, I recommend turning to your church, they think that's what they're supposed to do in a situation like that. stay away from bad faith tho peace man, hope you can overcome your existential crisis and I'm always here if you need to ask something :]

Hero of Trains

Noc, you're pretty cool. And everyone has problems, and I can definitely sympathize with what you're going through. I may be young, idealistic, whatever, but I know too much about stories like yours. Everyone faces adversity, and your lot in life seems pretty tough. Work may be crushing, people may be hard to deal with, but there's still so much joy and wonder in the world. I'm not idealistic despite the situation of the world, I'm idealistic because of it. When people fight or do bad things, I can't write them off. People always have motivations behind their actions, and sometimes you need to trust that their motivations are good. I'm super off topic now, I sometimes have a problem with philosophical rambling, but know this. There are so many good people in the world, and you can find plenty. There are people here who think you're cool, people in your life who think you're cool, and people you haven't met who'll think you're cool. We don't care about your mistakes, and now that we can know a bit more about your motives, we can like you even more. Trusting people is hard, and it's very brave of you to actually say all of this. I applaud you, and hope this maybe helps a tiny bit.

P.S. This may not be the best time, but I think this quote from the Inferno might fit a bit better: "There is no greater sorrow then to recall our times of joy in wretchedness."
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Kman96

Okay, I just remembered to post-

Today marks my 4th year as a member on Nintendo Sheet Music! It's amazing how fast time flies...

To think, I made this account just a few short days after breaking up with my girlfriend during my sophomore year of high school, and much to the delight of shadowkirby, my IRL friend who convinced me to join, I began to exclusively partake in several TWG's before I branched out to the story boards and all sorts of nonsense on this site.

About a year ago, I cracked down on my college education - if you look at my post count, I've posted approximately 60 times within the past year. I've fallen away from NSM, something I never wanted to do. But I have, and I'm not happy about it. New members have come and old members have gone, and I haven't been here to welcome or wish farewells. I miss the good old days when NSM was a (loosely-defined) priority in my life rather than a time-sucking hobby that my college self views it as. There's no way to really revert back to the way things were, because I've got to put my focus in other things for the future.

I never left NSM. And I never will. I check it at least once a week, maybe, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I'll post something. Just think of me as a sort of omniscient observer who sometimes pops in to see how everyone is doing. I have been posting in my Unfinished Fan Fiction thread occasionally when I have the time to type up my old stories while I'm at home, but I haven't played a TWG in over two years, and every now and then I get THE BUG. You know what I 'm talking about.

I've been here for a lot of cool things over the past four years, and I've definitely changed a lot since I was the smug little bastard who joined an online forum for shits and giggles. Pardon my language. Present-day Kman has some unresolved issues with Sophomore Kman's actions. Hakuna Matata, right?

I love you all. I know I haven't spoken to a lot of you in a while, but don't count me out of the NSM crew. I'll always be here for you guys. Just give me a shout, whenever.

<3
Party Hard!
[close]

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

I feel honored to be one of the people you talk to on a semi-regular basis lol
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Altissimo

Dudeman

w00t w00t for kman

Nice to hear that you're sticking around. For better or for worse.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Zunawe

I wish we talked more, Kman. I count you among my fondest friends here.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

mikey

You better reboot Caleb the Hero!!!!!

Hey ruto I know you collect pokemon cards (what a nerd)
I've got Dark Blastoise, his expansion symbol is an R, a Japanese(?) Holo Raichu from Fossil, a Jungle set pikachu, a Holon Species crobat- grass/steel type, a Fossil set holo articuno, and a base set holo zapdos (I think it's base, it doesn't have an expansion symbol)
unmotivated

InsigTurtle

AwesomeYears