News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Legit question: How do people sing so high but have their voice still sound low? I was listening to some music and realized that they weren't singing as low as I thought they were
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Zeila

Idk, I find that strange as well. Maybe it has to do with their timbre? I notice it more with female singers than male singers

E. Gadd Industries

You mean a normal, conversational voice?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Jub3r7

nah, they mean like when you're listening to some music and you sing along and you're like "whoa what the heck they're singing really high" but you dont notice until you try to sing along and you hate the sound of your own voice when you're not warmed up so you stop singing until you can warm up singing properly, because, you know, that makes sense
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Oronoco

This is kind-of maybe obvious, but posture makes a huge difference, too. There's no way I can belt along with singers if I'm listening to music while driving, but if I'm standing up, it's a different story.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

mikey

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on March 13, 2016, 05:22:40 AMSomeone emailed me concerning my story, asking me if they could gain access to proofread it & such. I don't know who they are O_O
pretty sure I said who it was
unmotivated

braix

Quote from: Jub3r7 on March 14, 2016, 04:12:23 AMnah, they mean like when you're listening to some music and you sing along and you're like "whoa what the heck they're singing really high" but you dont notice until you try to sing along and you hate the sound of your own voice when you're not warmed up so you stop singing until you can warm up singing properly, because, you know, that makes sense
Half correct. My voice sounds terrible even after I get it warmed up.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

Guys, dudeman changed his sig
it's not JOOOHN CENAAAA anymore
unmotivated

Dudeman

nocturne I think I love you

but don't quote me on that
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

braix

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 14, 2016, 12:16:31 PMpretty sure I said who it was
I don't recall reading any recognition statement, but it's fine. I'll grant you access at some point tomorrow.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

InsigTurtle

I've had an idea.

A collaborative effort to arrange music for a short concert program comprised of pianistic video game music shitposting.

That is all.

Nana1Popo2

I got accepted into the Disney College Program today. :) I get to work Attractions at Walt Disney World Resort in the fall!
If any of you are in the area from mid-August to January let me know!
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

braix

We arrived to Washington! We're passing through Seattle right now and this place looks amazing, holy crap
20 minutes from my new home right now. HYPE!

mikey

unmotivated