News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 05:38:20 AM..Isn't it obvious?  ...Because girls wears skirts and guys don't.

But why?

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Altissimo

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 05:53:04 AMCause the society is that way.

Well, yes, but society also used to be completely opposed to girls wearing pants.

@Brainy: But shorts are ok?

mikey

yeah shorts are fine
have you ever seen a guy in spandex though
unmotivated

Altissimo

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 21, 2016, 05:58:28 AMyeah shorts are fine
have you ever seen a guy in spandex though

honestly spandex on anyone is o.e for me

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Saying something is wrong or right simply because society accepts it is a logical fallacy (no ought from is or some bullshit like that; thanks Waddlebro!). Our society used to accept the norm as being blacks not owning property. We also used to accept that gays and lesbians didn't deserve equal rights (I'm talking about society in general, not every individual).
And it's not even universally correct that all cultures forbid the wearing of clothing resembling a skirt; see Scottish kilts, which show the knees and are aesthetically similar to a skirt.
what is shitpost

mikey

minor off-track but wouldn't it be correct to say that everyone had equal rights as far as marriage went
I mean straight guys couldn't marry other guys either
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on April 21, 2016, 07:48:35 AMSaying something is wrong or right simply because society accepts it is a logical fallacy (no ought from is or some bullshit like that; thanks Waddlebro!). Our society used to accept the norm as being blacks not owning property. We also used to accept that gays and lesbians didn't deserve equal rights (I'm talking about society in general, not every individual).
And it's not even universally correct that all cultures forbid the wearing of clothing resembling a skirt; see Scottish kilts, which show the knees and are aesthetically similar to a skirt.

It doesn't matter if it's a "fallacy" or whatever. What are you going to stop me from having that opinion!? Yeah, nothing, you can literally do nothing about it! And it's still a pretty good starting point because if you have that as a starting point then a lot of people will agree with you since you have the same opinion as the majority.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 05:38:20 AM..Isn't it obvious?  ...Because girls wears skirts and guys don't.

Why do we put genders on things like clothing and good and even colors and literally everything it's terrible
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 07:58:00 AMAnd it's still a pretty good starting point because if you have that as a starting point then a lot of people will agree with you since you have the same opinion as the majority.
In this case the majority opinion is we don't care, I think
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 21, 2016, 08:35:58 AMIn this case the majority opinion is we don't care, I think

hmm.. when I think about it, it actually might be so.

Btw, Promotion! Ordon Ouverture! I'm almost there at Nintendo Nocturne! 

10/10 tobbeh

Ruto

Kilts, your argument is invalid.

My favorite chem professor is Scottish. He wears them at ceremonies.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

mikey

unmotivated

Ruto

I heard the other professors say girls only want to be in his class because he's good looking. That's not my reason lol I just like physical/inorganic chemistry more than biochemistry. He gives good advice and he's friendlier than most of the other professors imo.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.