News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeldaFan

My brother is moving to Washington state with his friend today... I probably won't see him again until Christmas, but then again I might take a trip up there this summer.
I don't know what city he's moving to, and neither does he. I guess they're going to live out of their cars and tents for a while till they find jobs??? I couldn't stand that kind of uncertainty

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

shadowhunter301

Alrighty, Indigo!  ;D

Oh definitely, playing yourself is much more fun. You don't get to experience the full version while watching LP's. I remember watching chugga play Galaxy and Super Paper Mario. Well, that didn't last long at all. I thought it was pretty boring so I didn't play the game. I judged too early.

When I decided to play it, that was when everything clicked. I enjoyed the game and this is like my 10th time repeating it, back to back. So yeah, it is a much more better experience playing, instead of watching. And I didn't know you wrote fanfiction.

Edit: What Nebbles said.

Nitro Indigo

I have Super Paper Mario, but I don't play it much. Or any home console games, for that matter. I play them a lot for a few days, but them down for a while, and eventually pick them back up again. Hopefully, these CubeGames will be different.

I've sort of been going through writer's block over the past few months, but I just wrote a synopsis for A Delayed Game Is Good Eventually.
QuoteIn a world where video games are alive, during the sixth generation, a PlayStation 2 game is sent to spy on Nintendo, under the alias of "Papillon". Despite always being taught that Nintendo were her enemies, she soon discovers that they're much more accepting of her than her Sony brethren, who always make fun of her for being "unfinished". When Papillon befriends an adventurous GameCube game and a pair of troublesome Game Boy Advance twins, all seems to be going well... but not all of the Nintendo games are as welcoming as them.
The "adventurous GameCube game" is The Wind Waker, the GBA twins are Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, and Papillon is a mystery.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Sebastian

Quote from: shadowhunter301 on May 06, 2016, 12:25:30 PMDoes it make me weird if I download the full OST of Paper Mario, Super Paper Mario, the Galaxy series, the Zelda series, the Maplestory series, and the Pokemon series, move them to my phone, and listen to that music every day? :P
That's nothing ;)
I have these on my MP3 player that I listen to everyday:
Animal Crossing New Leaf - Entire Soundtrack.
Banjo-Kazooie - Entire Soundtrack
Banjo-Tooie - Entire Soundtrack
Diddy Kong Racing - 2 songs
Donkey Kong 64 - Entire Sountrack
FNaF - 2 songs
GoldenEye 64 - Entire Soundtrack
Halo 2 - 1 song
Luigi's Mansion - 3 songs
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga - 4 songs
Mario Kart 8 - Entire Soundtrack
Mario Kart DS - 1 song
Mario Kart Wii - Entire Soundtrack
Mario Party 2 - A few songs
Mario Super Sluggers - About half the soundtrack
New Super Mario Bros Wii - Entire soundtrack
Paper Mario - Entire soundtrack
Paper Mario TTYD - Entire Soundtrack
Pokemon - too much to list xD
Sonic 1 & 2 - Entire Soundtrack
Super Mario 3D World - 1 song
Super Mario 64 - Entire Soundtrack
Super Mario Bros. 2 & 3 - Bunch of different songs
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 - Entire Soundtrack
Super Mario RPG - Entire Soundtrack
Super Mario Star Road - 2 songs
Super Mario Sunshine - Entire soundtrack
Super Mario World - Entire Soundtrack
Super Paper Mario - Entire Soundtrack
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - Entire Soundtrack
The Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask - Entire Soundtrack
The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Bunch of songs
Undertale - Bunch of songs
Yooka-Laylee - 1 song     
Yoshi's Island (Mario World 2) - Entire Soundtrack
Also some Miscellaneous.

Aaaaand that's only on MP3 Player #1. I have 3 music devices.

shadowhunter301

Wow! That's really amazing! VG music is one of the best genre's of music (If you can even call that a genre.)

Sebastian

Quote from: shadowhunter301 on May 06, 2016, 06:27:20 PMWow! That's really amazing! VG music is one of the best genre's of music (If you can even call that a genre.)
Not sure if you can call it a genre since it has so many styles and types. Everything from classical to rock, marches to jazzy, inventions to waltzes, etc.
VGM covers it all.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Sebastian on May 06, 2016, 06:25:29 PMSuper Mario Sunshine - Entire soundtrack
This. This right here made that post worth reading for me. XD
Quote from: shadowhunter301 on May 06, 2016, 06:27:20 PMWow! That's really amazing! VG music is one of the best genre's of music (If you can even call that a genre.)
No doubt, it's a genre. At least, in my book. :P
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Hero of Trains

Quote from: Sebastian on May 06, 2016, 06:31:05 PMVGM covers it all.
That's what I really like about it, because it has something for everyone. With my far too extensive knowledge, I end up being able to find a song that anyone will like. Sonic convinced some people, Portal others, and the most helpful piece by far has been the DPPt Game Corner. I have snuck that into playlists at parties before, and nobody notices that it's not an actual rave song or whatever the kids these days like listening to :P.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Sebastian

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 06, 2016, 06:32:30 PMThis. This right here made that post worth reading for me. XD
Ha. I have a lot of Mario stuff on my first MP3 Player.
MP3 Player #1 consists of All VGM. MP3 player #2 consists of a little more VGM and mostly movieJohn Williams music. And my IPad has the rest/miscellaneous stuff.
I also have about 50 classical CDs O_o

Quote from: Hero of Trains on May 06, 2016, 06:35:51 PMThat's what I really like about it, because it has something for everyone. With my far too extensive knowledge, I end up being able to find a song that anyone will like. Sonic convinced some people, Portal others, and the most helpful piece by far has been the DPPt Game Corner. I have snuck that into playlists at parties before, and nobody notices that it's not an actual rave song or whatever the kids these days like listening to :P.
Exactly right! Even "video game haters" will find sometime they like. I tricked my dad once into thinking a VGM song was a classical song xD

WaluigiTime64

I don't think I've ever told my piano tutor that most of the pieces I play are from video games. It's been well over a year.

Sometimes I play something slow-paced like "Piranha Plant's Lullaby" or something, and I get compliments from at least one of my parents, and then I tell them that it's from a video game. Sometimes their attitude completely changes, while sometimes they still compliment it. However, if I play something fast-paced, they instantly know it's from a video game. I find that interesting.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Sebastian

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on May 06, 2016, 07:14:11 PMSometimes I play something slow-paced like "Piranha Plant's Lullaby" or something, and I get compliments from at least one of my parents, and then I tell them that it's from a video game. Sometimes their attitude completely changes, while sometimes they still compliment it. However, if I play something fast-paced, they instantly know it's from a video game. I find that interesting.
That's exactly right. Most of the only fast-paced stuff I play is from games.

E. Gadd Industries

I practically only play video game songs on the piano. XD
Although, I haven't learned many fast-paced ones.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Shadoninja

Quote from: shadowhunter301 on May 06, 2016, 12:51:12 PMGlad to know I'm not the only one.
It just feels awkward saying I listen to video game music.

"Hey, what music are you listening to?"
"Ummmm.....Dooplis' theme."
"?"
"It's from a game..."
"..........."

I don't know how many conversations ended like that... :(

Oh well. :)

And Nitro, you will LOVE the Thousand Year Door. It will be so fun, trust me. :)
And what's The Meteor?

if anyone judges you for listening to video game music, you slam dunk them right into the nearest ocean.

anyone hear from spitllama or ragster lately?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

DrP

Quote from: ZeldaFan on May 06, 2016, 12:59:31 PMMy brother is moving to Washington state with his friend today...  I might take a trip up there this summer.
if they end up in/near Seattle, come visit!

Quote from: Shadoninja on May 06, 2016, 09:00:54 PManyone hear from spitllama lately?
Yes

shadowhunter301

Quote from: Shadoninja on May 06, 2016, 09:00:54 PMif anyone judges you for listening to video game music, you slam dunk them right into the nearest ocean.

:D :D
Definitely.