The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvest

I want to go to the Fan Expo 09, but I can't.  I'll probably go in a few years when I can drive there myself because I don't know if my dad would drive me to a geek convention, or maybe he would, he likes some of that stuff..but he is kind of hard to deal with at things like that..

eh, I don't read comics or anything but I think it would be cool to see all the geeky costumes etc and get some cool stuff...

w/e, I'll go in a few years.
-

KefkaticFanatic

Oh yeah, PAX is only like 3 hours away so I might go this year.

me irl
[close]

Shadoninja

Quote from: Harvest on August 23, 2009, 07:40:13 AMI want to go to the Fan Expo 09, but I can't.  I'll probably go in a few years when I can drive there myself because I don't know if my dad would drive me to a geek convention, or maybe he would, he likes some of that stuff..but he is kind of hard to deal with at things like that..

eh, I don't read comics or anything but I think it would be cool to see all the geeky costumes etc and get some cool stuff...

w/e, I'll go in a few years.

take a train, a bus, or hop on with a friend or other family member that's going. that's what I'm doing.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Davey

Jamaha

KefkaticFanatic

Hrm.  I'm building my new computer and all of a sudden the screen starts turning black on me.  It appears to have been a bad video driver, as when I uninstalled it the problem disappears.  This time I'll download the one that's up to date, not the "EVGA recommended" (old) driver.

me irl
[close]

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: JaMaHa on August 23, 2009, 11:39:57 AMYay!

lol

school started for me like..2 weeks ago...im goin into my third week >_>
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

HugoMeister

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

KefkaticFanatic

Gah.  As soon as I install the 64 bit Geforce driver, it causes the crazy black screen of death problems.  Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

me irl
[close]

Shadoninja

prank phone calling is like trolling before the internet existed

Harvest

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 23, 2009, 04:15:19 PMGah.  As soon as I install the 64 bit Geforce driver, it causes the crazy black screen of death problems.  Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ha, well I'm assuming your OS is 64 bit.  Which drivers are you using?
-

Brassman388

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on August 22, 2009, 01:43:10 PMYou probably won't see this, but if you do, be sure to come back and visit once in a while after things pick up. I know they have computers at colleges, so you have no excuse, you have to drop by once in a while!

Don't worry, I will.  ;)

KefkaticFanatic

Woo!  Problem found!  It turns out the new power supply we got (Antec Basiq 550W) has a faulty PCI cable, but it has two so I can just use the other one until we go and exchange it.

Harvest: Yeah, I'm running the Windows 7 RC 64bit.  I had tried a few different drivers, the latest from Nvidia, the one on the EVGA page, but now I'm running the latest one and it's all working fine.

NEW BUILD:

Antec Three Hundred case
ASUS P5B Deluxe motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad at 3Ghz
4GB RAM
EVGA GeForce 9800 GT

Huzzah!

So my dad is going to swap all of his blue LED fans in his Nine Hundred case for red ones, so he'll give me all of his blue ones for our case.  Hoor-ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

me irl
[close]

Shadoninja

I wonder if the creator(s) of chess has a chess piece shaped gravestone.

Davey

Edit. Never mind.