Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kricketune54

I want to see DoKoCo NFTs in my lifetime

Tobbeh99

Participated in a film production as an extra, yesterday. Was kind of fun. I also did it one more time like a week ago. It's kind of fun, but also demands some patience. :)
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

A bit of a warning. I was going to go to imslp.org, in search for some sheet music. But I accidentally typed imslp.com. And I think it was some sort of malware-site, because a lot of pop-ups popped up. I quickly close down the site, and I don't think I've gotten any virus or something like that as my Pc runns smoothly. But you have to be careful when typing websites, as I bet some virus/phishing sites could be have close names to regular sites. And it might be better to google the name first, or use the automatic serach shortcut (or whatever to call it, the thing that comes up in the address bar when you type some of the letters of the site name, if you have previously visited the site). Just a bit of a tip. 
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

Played some Pokémon Sword recently (actually finished the game yesterday). And is it just me or do I feel like hyper beam is kind of... bad. I used to think that it was sort of a OP move that you got at later levels because it was so strong, and that you had to recharge because again it was so strong. But now when I tried it in pokémon sword, it feels a bit underwhelming. As you have to recharge it after using it. And since it's a normal type move it has not types it's super effective against only types it's weak to. Sure it's a strong move, but still doesn't feel that good (which I used to think it was).

10/10 tobbeh

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 19, 2021, 03:57:44 AMPlayed some Pokémon Sword recently (actually finished the game yesterday). And is it just me or do I feel like hyper beam is kind of... bad. I used to think that it was sort of a OP move that you got at later levels because it was so strong, and that you had to recharge because again it was so strong. But now when I tried it in pokémon sword, it feels a bit underwhelming. As you have to recharge it after using it. And since it's a normal type move it has not types it's super effective against only types it's weak to. Sure it's a strong move, but still doesn't feel that good (which I used to think it was).
...you just realized?

Adaptability Choice Specs Porygon-Z has a niche use of Hyper Beam in certain metas (usually 1v1s), but other than that it's not the best.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Tobbeh99

Some time ago I decided to start my own store and make money on selling sheet music, rather than just having it as a hobby. i decided to talk a bit about it, after some having been doing so in a while.

One intressting thing about it is that I've realized, which I maybe didn't think as much of before. That music itself, and also just arranging as a hobby feels way more important than all the money you can earn. Also people love (in form of positive comments and praise) is also way more important I find.

Although when I started I was a bit annoyed, thinking that I worked hard (both with my music sheets and my youtube channel) but not earning anything. And as I was good at making sheet music, it lead me to the thought of earning money selling sheet music. So I started the shop (after a ton of time checking out different web site services). And well I didn't earn that much. But it definetly felt rewarding earning some money, and a bit as a "carrot", encourage you to make more sheet music and more music.

I haven't made that much money, and won't go plus (most likely) this year (my website subscription being the cost). But it definetly was kind of fun making own money, even though I didn't earn much.   

But after all I also did notice that money wasn't all I was after, and that peoples positive praise as well as the joy of music itself was more what I liked. People have sometimes called me an not-materialistic person, who don't care much about materialistic stuff and money and such, which I also have thought I kind of was, but also thought it had with political bias (having a lot left-leaning people around me influensing me), and I was concerned when starting to sell whether I was either greedy trying to make money, or was overly generous by offereing everything for free. But now I guess I know a bit that it wasn't just political bias (money and rich = bad) that I was a bit non-materialistic, but that I didn't see it as that important.

But I think it can be good to know the option of earning money, even though you don't have to try to make money out of everything (something I don't recomend), if you feel like. I find myself more into charging people when I've put a lot of work into something as it feels more "legit" and more "earned" then, rather than just charge for eveything. And I maybe also think about when you're doing work if it feels ok or if you feel overly generous, like doing everything for free. Especially if you're very good at something/put a lot of work into something. But, at the end of the day, it's up to oneself to decidede whether to do something commercial or as a hobby.  :)

10/10 tobbeh

swimswamit

You ever wait to start a 20 page paper till the day before it is due

BlackDragonSlayer

No, but this year I had to make a presentation meant for 4-5 people all by myself :')
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

I'm thinking about getting a new pfp for the forums, but idk what to use.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

swimswamit

E. Gadd Industries

I mean, yeah. I've had it for so long now X)) I'd say I'll just keep it,  but it was fun to think about alternatives for a bit
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Winter

Quote from: Harvest on April 25, 2021, 07:36:28 AMCan't believe I remembered my password to get in here.

I'm 28 now and haven't touched a piano in 10+ years, time really does go quickly. The site looks awesome though, keep it up guys.

I'm right there with you, 28 now and I haven't touched my piano in 5 years or so, I've just stuck around and helped in less musical ways.

Also, nice seeing a familiar name! How are things?

universe-X

Harvest

Quote from: Winter on February 12, 2022, 10:46:49 PMI'm right there with you, 28 now and I haven't touched my piano in 5 years or so, I've just stuck around and helped in less musical ways.

Also, nice seeing a familiar name! How are things?

Wow it's been so long. I remember chatting with you back in the day. Did we once have like a video call of some kind like 12 years ago together? or did my brain invent that? I have this vague memory of that happening once.

Also I'm 29 now :'(
-

Maelstrom

me: I wish the forums wouldn't be a ghost town
also me: only uses discord