News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Tobbeh99

Finished Wild Arms 3! Very good game I got to say. Although some critique got to be - a bit too repetitive gameplay (aka. go to dungeon, fight boss, head to town for some story talk, and then go to next dungeon etc.) got too repetitive imo. And also, don't want to spoil too much of the game, but the final boss was pretty bad fight tbh. Other than that, the game was really good, really love the aesthetics of the game. Wild Arms being kind of my favorite game series.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

Haven't posted about it, but I got a job as a piano teacher! Kind of exited for it. Really happy that I got the job. A bit annoyed however that the school didn't have that much material for education, you were supposed to bring your own material. Which have created a lot of job for me as I'll begin working quite soon. Also kind of nervous about it since while I'm pretty good on piano and pretty experienced pianist, I don't have a graduate in piano teaching and nor any experience. So teaching piano will be new to me (in some regards). But after doind some work with material and stuff, I do feel more confident for the job. :)     
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

A couple of thoughts I wanted to share with you:

First is about a smash tourney I went to,
the second is about my arranging, and how I've evolved with my arranging.

First I went to a smash tournament in Västerås (a small city in Sweden, like an hour from Stockholm). In project +. And I came tied 7th place! But man, the competition is stacked. You might think that like " I'm just going to a small town to compete in a game, which I've very experienced in. Probably will do well". But no, I mean a lot of players are really really tough opponents, like super skilled opponents. I played my first game against Tova, a good player I've played against before (I usually wins, am slightly better), but he's been improving more and more, so I thougt it was going to be tough, which it was. I managed to win the set 2-1 (me winning first game, her winning second and me winning last). But it was sad cause she thought it was best of 5 and was really in for it, and was very dissapointed when it was best of 3, so felt a bit awkward to win then. Later I faced of against smushmarth, a Meta Knight player, whom I've played before, who is also really strong, probably better than Tova. But I've won against him earlier in a tough fight, so I thought I had chances. But lost 2-0, he played a bit better than in previous sets. So I went to losers and then played against a ZSS player named Loki, who I haven't fought before. But he wasn't that much of a Pm player so I won quite solidly. After that I was going to face Gussonic, a Sonic player I've faced before. A very good sonic player (lol the words "very good" or "tough" could be said of most of the players I faced) I faced before, very patient player. He played very patient as well in these sets. I was down 2-0, but managed to win the 3rd set, which gave me some confidence. But unfortunately I lost the 4th game and was out of the tournament. Still I'm fine with my results, considering how strong everyone was there.

The second post is about my arranging. I used to not care that much how hard my arrangements ware, thinking "well it is "possible" a pro who plays Chopin and Liszt can play it". But later I've started considering difficulty much more. And I think it has to do that I've started playing more and performing more (aka. making youtube videos of me playing). Like for example sometimes when I arrange, I'll think "hmm I wouldn't want to play that, if I'm going to be honest" or "that would be really hard to play". Which is a different take from my previous "if it's possible then it's fine". And I think a more positive as it considers how pleasant others might find my arrangements to play.

Also wow, this thread loks really like dead or something. Used to be a lot of activity here before, kind of sad as this was a good "just post stuff you think about thread"

10/10 tobbeh

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 02, 2023, 10:46:45 AMAlso wow, this thread loks really like dead or something. Used to be a lot of activity here before, kind of sad as this was a good "just post stuff you think about thread"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Most people just use the forums for updates and sheet submission stuff nowadays.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Atcero

most of us now party in the discord with our fancy gifs and keks
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Atcero on April 03, 2023, 09:12:08 PMmost of us now party in the discord with our fancy gifs and keks

Y I kind of suspected that. :)

10/10 tobbeh

A# Minor

It's honestly very strange that people from the United States are referred to as "American" when the word America on its own used to refer to both North and South America. So logically speaking, "American" should just mean someone from the Americas. But then, with a country name like that, what else are you supposed to call us...?

Yeah, I don't have discord so I'ma just talk here...LOL.
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: A# Minor on May 12, 2023, 10:58:04 PMIt's honestly very strange that people from the United States are referred to as "American" when the word America on its own used to refer to both North and South America. So logically speaking, "American" should just mean someone from the Americas. But then, with a country name like that, what else are you supposed to call us...?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the logic is United States of America -> American

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Tobbeh99

Quote from: A# Minor on May 12, 2023, 10:58:04 PMBut then, with a country name like that, what else are you supposed to call us...?
USArian! Sounds perfectly fine! xD

10/10 tobbeh

A# Minor

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 17, 2023, 09:57:50 PMYeah, I'm pretty sure the logic is United States of America -> American

I figured so :)

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on May 18, 2023, 02:29:10 PMUSArian! Sounds perfectly fine! xD

Hahaha yeah, that does sound fairly noice. Very creative XD
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

E. Gadd Industries

My apartment doesn't do recycling and it very much irks me, but then I remind myself that recycling is mostly a scam anyway and so it's fine. Not fine, but fine.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Mr_Chicken

Is hunger an emotion?
Also, when you read, aren't you just looking at a dead tree and hallucinating?
Random thoughts
Finally Totk is out and we can put the koroks behind us. What? 900 more?!? Thanks Nintendo.