News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Building my Computer, anyone else?

Started by Link Freak, March 13, 2008, 04:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Freak

I am currently in the proccess of building my computer gaming system. So far, it's cost me $360 for the case, power supply, and ram... I'm getting the motherboard soon...but I need more money. This was going to be more expensive than I thought.

Here's a pic

Harvest

Woah, same case I got!  Except no green, and I don't have a logo on top, plus the big fan on top stopped working after running for a minute and is fried, and no where in my town sells that size!

Mine cost 2050, but its been mounting even more because of shipping costs because a faulty sound card fried TWO motherboards.  I'm currently waiting on my 2nd motherboard to come back, I'm going to post pics when I get it running.

How much Ram did you get?

Also, just to discourage you, building my PC has been the absolute worst experience of my life, its been a total nightmare.
-

Link Freak

I've actually done so much research, that I don't think I would run into the same problem.

I currently have high-performance Cas latency 3 Ram....and 2 gigs of it. DDR2-800.

I'm ordering the motherboard on ebay today if all goes well. (It's new).

I want to overclock it alot, I'm gonna have so much fun with it... :D

The case I have is the nvidia edition of the Antec 900. That's why it's different. And it cost me $60 just to say that...worth it?

Harvest

I did research too, just the sound card metal was bent somehow.  It must have been touching the motherboard or something.
-

Jamaha

I just moved a wireless network card from my computer to my sister's, does that count?

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Harvest

Shipped the sound card today, I had to ship it in a box for a glass dog.  I didn't have anything else, they better accept it.   :P
-

Jamaha

Sirus

Lildigipoke2

damn...i wouldn't even get past the process of buying things! VERY COOL! i hope it gets done soon...and hope you have enough money :P

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

KefkaticFanatic

I've helped my dad build multiple computers, but I haven't done any of the selection of stuff.  What I did do was the actual building and installing of hardware/software

me irl
[close]

Link Freak

Quote from: gamer4251 on March 16, 2008, 04:53:19 PMI've helped my dad build multiple computers, but I haven't done any of the selection of stuff.  What I did do was the actual building and installing of hardware/software

Yea, I don't think anyone but the manufacture of the parts can do that. It involves pcb, lead, solid state capacitors, and alot of copper, not to mention the sockets for everything else. It would be rather hard.

;P

But yeah, I would never venture into building actual parts, unless I had ALL the materials + equipment + the knowledge to even do it.

Besides, I would probably build a piece of crap compared to all of the really nice products that are out right now. :P

P.S. I love ebay.

KefkaticFanatic

You know what I mean :P

But my dad does make parts literally :P

me irl
[close]

Link Freak

Quote from: gamer4251 on March 17, 2008, 05:42:36 PMYou know what I mean :P

But my dad does make parts literally :P

That's pretty awesome, what company does he work for? I bet I've at least heard of it. But I know most of them.

Harvest

So I'm wondering, I got the 8800 GTS 640mb (by accident, I was tricked!)

EVGA offers a trade up program, send it in and pay the difference.  It would be another 300 for the brand new 9800 GX2 (TWO GPUs!)  which would be probably 70% better.

I think I'm going to do it.
-