Dahans' arrangements: Christmas Surprise 2014

Started by dahans, November 13, 2009, 05:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am looking for motivation... what do you want me to do nex?

Pokemon
19 (41.3%)
Super Mario
17 (37%)
Another medley
6 (13%)
Orchestrated arrangement
4 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

pumpy_heart

Yeah, I'm with Shado here. I love "obscure pieces" from Animal Crossing, Banjo Kazooie, Castlevania, Donkey Kong, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Harvest Moon, Kirby, Mega Man, Metal Gear Solid, Metroid, Pokemon, Sonic, Star Fox, Super Mario, Super Smash Bros., Tales, and The Legend of Zelda, the core of the site. And the request forum is there for a reason.
Some arrangers may not give arranging 100%, but that shows through it all and their arrangements don't end up on the site (anymore, thankfully).
I don't think Contra is obscure by any means (the first stage is certainly memorable), yet I arranged all the music from that game and put it onto the site without a single word from anyone here. So confused with that. Was it too obscure and the site not deserve it?
We're all fanboys of some games out there and we all arrange from our favorite games and our favorite tunes from other games. The "desired" or "obscure" piece should all be appreciated equally. To assume that arrangers are choosing "short, obscure" pieces because they are choosing not to do a piece they desire to is a ridiculous assumption as well as insulting to the arrangers here. Everyone arranges what he/she enjoys.
Anyone here to gain popularity is here for the wrong reason.

Bespinben

I apologize for making that terrible assumption. The heart of my statement though was that I appreciated the hard work Dahans' put into this R/S medley, and perhaps we could follow his example.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

SlowPokemon

Except then all our arrangements would be impossibly hard. XD yes, they are that hard, often just like yours. Maestro's are meant to be hard as they are virtuoso pieces.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

In fact, I'm slowly learning his Lost Woods Virtuoso... Currently trying to learn/play the chords from page 3-4 fluently.
After that, I just need to make it faster. :|

I considered the playability of dahans R/S medley, and I'm sure if you put quality time into it, you could learn all 21 pages of it!
...And by quality time I mean several hours a day for two months straight. :3
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Sekter77

I can't check this out yet, but I'm really excited to see how it turns out. Rby and Sapphire have some great tunes and I'm excited to see ow they sound arranged for piano!

And adding to the obscure songs discussion: every piece is worthy of being arranged, but I think that most arrangers pick songs they're familiar with which might not be the same songs that others are familiar with. Songs that may be really well-known to others may not be that familiar to different arrangers. Also, many famous songs are quite complex and difficult to arrange. That's why I usually pick fairly simple songs. It's good practice until I'm ready to tackle more difficult pieces. Just my 2 cents.
Guitar and video games.

fingerz

Very well done, Dahans! I still hope DrP's RSE Medley is going ahead and you'll be able to contribute to that. :)

And, I just realised you wiped my first arrangement, "Final Battle" from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, from the site. -_-
Still, I took down your Sootopolis City, so I guess we're even. :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Winter

Arrangement wars? Lol I liked his Final Battle arrangement much more :P sorry .-.

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Sekter77

This is a very impressive piece! It sounds great and I have no complaints, only praise. Thanks again!
Guitar and video games.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: winterkid09 on August 10, 2011, 10:25:03 PMArrangement wars? Lol I liked his Final Battle arrangement much more :P sorry .-.

Are you including playability
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

I believe Winter listens to it and decides.

Because at one point there were two different g/s bike songs on the site.
And I told him, and he picked drp's cause it sounds cooler. The other seemed easier.

I was playing that arrangement the other day and found that a right hand chord towards the end required a 12th. -.-
I googled that and only professionals with hands the size of your mother's face a 12-inch ruler can barely reach it.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Winter

I leave them like that, because they are optional. Lots of people leave notes out when reading sheets. Maybe someday when we have easy versions of sheets, we can change that.

fingerz

Quote from: Jub3r7 on August 11, 2011, 07:50:29 PMI was playing that arrangement the other day and found that a right hand chord towards the end required a 12th. -.-
I googled that and only professionals with hands the size of your mother's face a 12-inch ruler can barely reach it.
Made mah day. ;D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Winter