Dahans' arrangements: Christmas Surprise 2014

Started by dahans, November 13, 2009, 05:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am looking for motivation... what do you want me to do nex?

Pokemon
19 (41.3%)
Super Mario
17 (37%)
Another medley
6 (13%)
Orchestrated arrangement
4 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

dahans

I made a mistake... THIS is my 99th arrangement: :D

have fun! :D
Route 30:
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

dahans

SlowPokemon

I will take a look at this and let you know how I like it! I have been busy working on the Staff Roll from Bowser's Inside Story... that's why I didn't comment earlier.

EDIT: Route 30: Excellent. With all sincerity, it's excellent. It's accurate down to every note, difficult but definitely playable, and sounds great. One of my favorite arrangements of yours.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

dahans

dahans

pumpy_heart

Very nice arrangement of Route 30. Sounds brilliant.
In duple meter, the strong beats should be clearly indicated. In 4/4, those beats are beat 1 and 3. I noticed sometimes in the second layer, this wasn't the case. Measures 9 and 10 have a half note over beats 2 and 3, the syncopation in measure 13 and 14 loses the strong beat indication, and measure 18 has this problem occur in both treble and bass clef. It's alright if the note is held through the remainder of the measure (or next measure), just as long as another note does not occur in that voice (measure 5 would be fine, for example).
Every common practice period composer uses this notation whenever notating in duple meter. This makes the sight reading by the player much easier.

dahans

Quote from: pumpy_heart on September 19, 2011, 01:09:42 PMVery nice arrangement of Route 30. Sounds brilliant.
In duple meter, the strong beats should be clearly indicated. In 4/4, those beats are beat 1 and 3. I noticed sometimes in the second layer, this wasn't the case. Measures 9 and 10 have a half note over beats 2 and 3, the syncopation in measure 13 and 14 loses the strong beat indication, and measure 18 has this problem occur in both treble and bass clef. It's alright if the note is held through the remainder of the measure (or next measure), just as long as another note does not occur in that voice (measure 5 would be fine, for example).
Every common practice period composer uses this notation whenever notating in duple meter. This makes the sight reading by the player much easier.
Thanks a lot! I know what you mean... I am sometimes just too lazy to fix that (but I must contradict: I know a lot of Haydn/Mozart autographic scores and they didn't do it either xD) I will fix it :D.

dahans

First of all... don't be mad at me... I had to arrange this... G/S is my favourite game and I am really sorry for being selfish but I have always wanted this to be my 100th arrangement. Thanks^^.

The Great G/S medley:
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Alright..., it's a bit different... I wanted this medley to be different than "our medley". It's a bit more "creative" and less accurate. I was working the past 4 days  until midnight on this medley. And now, you can be sure, I can't listen to any tune of G/S anymore xD.
I really hope that you will like it and thank you NSM for uploading my arrangements and that I can be a part of this special community. :D

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MassiveMayhem

Congrats on 100th arrangement and I love your G/S Medley, it has to be my favorite Pokemon just because I grew up with it.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

Cobraroll

Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Ragster2448

That sounds awesome! It brings back good memories listening it.

SlowPokemon

It's inferior to the other medley for the most part, though. This arrangement was good and it was nice to see you branch out and be creative, but there weren't many times when I thought "Now, this is amazing," except for the extremely amazing Mahogany Town remix and the Indigo Plateau place. Very nice job, I commend your efforts! But you can't seriously hope this will be accepted on the site. I wouldn't want it on the site. Unless maybe as a virtuoso piece. It's far too difficult and actually impossible at many parts, to be taken seriously as something playable.

But to listen to? This was amazing. It's going on my iPod.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.