Dahans' arrangements: Christmas Surprise 2014

Started by dahans, November 13, 2009, 05:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am looking for motivation... what do you want me to do nex?

Pokemon
19 (41.3%)
Super Mario
17 (37%)
Another medley
6 (13%)
Orchestrated arrangement
4 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Nebbles

The arrangement sounds beautiful, too. This might be a "do homework to" music or writing music later on c:
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

dahans

Quote from: Cobraroll on September 21, 2011, 01:49:25 PMTruly a piece of art. Well done!
:D Thank you! I really wanted to be creative xD.

Quote from: Nebbles on September 21, 2011, 01:39:06 PMDamn... 100th arrangement. Congrats!
Did you like it?^^

Quote from: MassiveMayhem on September 21, 2011, 01:46:54 PMCongrats on 100th arrangement and I love your G/S Medley, it has to be my favorite Pokemon just because I grew up with it.

Haha thanks a lot. Same here... I just HAD to do this medley xD.

Quote from: Ragster2448 on September 21, 2011, 01:52:48 PMThat sounds awesome! It brings back good memories listening it.
Thank you so much :D. You were 3 when this game was released :O.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 21, 2011, 01:54:04 PMIt's inferior to the other medley for the most part, though. This arrangement was good and it was nice to see you branch out and be creative, but there weren't many times when I thought "Now, this is amazing," except for the extremely amazing Mahogany Town remix and the Indigo Plateau place. Very nice job, I commend your efforts! But you can't seriously hope this will be accepted on the site. I wouldn't want it on the site. Unless maybe as a virtuoso piece. It's far too difficult and actually impossible at many parts, to be taken seriously as something playable.

But to listen to? This was amazing. It's going on my iPod.

I think it's not supposed to be on the site... If people want it to, then why not? The piece is DEFINITElY not unplayable (just look at Liszt's compositions. In comparison with his works, is mine very easy to play!
But I personally, don't think it's inferior to my R/S medley. It's just different. But thanks for your honest opinion :D.

Quote from: Nebbles on September 21, 2011, 01:55:49 PMThe arrangement sounds beautiful, too. This might be a "do homework to" music or writing music later on c:
Yeah :D
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SlowPokemon

No! Your RSE medley is better! xD I meant it's inferior to the other GSC medley.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

dahans

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 21, 2011, 02:01:46 PMNo! Your RSE medley is better! xD I meant it's inferior to the other GSC medley.

Hmm... inferior? that hurts a lot xD why do you think so?

Bespinben

Wow. Your GSC medley has convinced me you could be the successor to Maestro (he's still looking for one). If this were to go on site, my only suggestion would be to clean up the score a little (for example, there were pedal markings overlapping with the beams of notes on page 1. Just fixing those aesthetic things would help a lot.)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

dahans

Quote from: Bespinben on September 22, 2011, 04:00:37 AMWow. Your GSC medley has convinced me you could be the successor to Maestro (he's still looking for one). If this were to go on site, my only suggestion would be to clean up the score a little (for example, there were pedal markings overlapping with the beams of notes on page 1. Just fixing those aesthetic things would help a lot.)
Haha... yeah I know this should be fixed... but after having finished the last measures I couldn't resist uploading it^^.
I don't really see myself as the successor of Maestro. If you want to call me that, no problem^^. I have a totally different arranging style than Maestro and I don't want to adapt any other style ;).

Ruto

Congratulations on your 100th arrangement! ;D It's well done too. I don't know if I can think of anything different to say other than I already told you yesterday...

I still remember how much fun I had playing this game...until the cartridge battery died and deleted my file xD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

dahans

Quote from: Ruto on September 22, 2011, 08:13:12 AMCongratulations on your 100th arrangement! ;D It's well done too. I don't know if I can think of anything different to say other than I already told you yesterday...

I still remember how much fun I had playing this game...until the cartridge battery died and deleted my file xD
Thanks... this is sooooo annoying^^. Can you fix that somehow?

Ruto

You have to order a replacement battery, but now I don't even have a working gameboy color anymore xD

It was fun while it lasted :D

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Bespinben

Funny how my Yellow, Red, and Blue versions all still work and can hold a save file, yet my Gold version can't. Heck, I've played my Yellow version more than Gold too! Oh well  :P
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Cobraroll

^Red, Blue and Yellow's cartridge batteries only power the memory chip. The battery in Gold, Silver and Crystal cartridges not only power the memory of the games, but the clock as well (so it can keep track on the time and date even when you take it out of the GameBoy). Thus, G/S/C's batteries will be depleted faster.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

MaestroUGC

Congrats on your 100th arrangement. I look foward to 100 more.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

DonValentino

Great medley and congrats!!  :D
The only theme I miss a bit is the "Champion Battle" one. But forget about it, everything is awesome!  ;)

dahans

Quote from: MaestroUGC on September 22, 2011, 10:07:56 AMCongrats on your 100th arrangement. I look foward to 100 more.

Quote from: WarioMan98 on September 22, 2011, 12:43:45 PMGreat medley and congrats!!  :D
The only theme I miss a bit is the "Champion Battle" one. But forget about it, everything is awesome!  ;)

Alright... Winter and Jtheanonymous wanted me to arrange a medley for piano and violin. I arranged it soooo fast that I have a temperature now o.O. Well... I hope it was worth it xD. I think it's quite good. If there are sections that are too difficult/unplayable, tell me plz and I will try to fix that! Also, feel free to correct my mistakes xD. Have fun playing it! :D

pumpy_heart

Quote from: pumpy_heart on September 19, 2011, 01:09:42 PMVery nice arrangement of Route 30. Sounds brilliant.
In duple meter, the strong beats should be clearly indicated. In 4/4, those beats are beat 1 and 3. I noticed sometimes in the second layer, this wasn't the case. Measures 9 and 10 have a half note over beats 2 and 3, the syncopation in measure 13 and 14 loses the strong beat indication, and measure 18 has this problem occur in both treble and bass clef. It's alright if the note is held through the remainder of the measure (or next measure), just as long as another note does not occur in that voice (measure 5 would be fine, for example).
Every common practice period composer uses this notation whenever notating in duple meter. This makes the sight reading by the player much easier.
Same thing for the Violin/Piano medley. Also, use the same en-harmonic spellings if the note is repeated. IE, if D# was used first, used D# again when it comes around in the same melody.
Sometimes, the pizzicato violin line got really low and would become hard, almost impossible to hear with the piano playing at marked forte.
I didn't look much at bowing because neither did you. If you don't have a preference to how it's bowed, I suppose it's fine. But it certainly does look odd to have no bowing marks at all.
Sounds good though.