News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Dahans' arrangements: Christmas Surprise 2014

Started by dahans, November 13, 2009, 05:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am looking for motivation... what do you want me to do nex?

Pokemon
19 (41.3%)
Super Mario
17 (37%)
Another medley
6 (13%)
Orchestrated arrangement
4 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

dahans

Quote from: pumpy_heart on September 25, 2011, 03:02:39 PMSame thing for the Violin/Piano medley. Also, use the same en-harmonic spellings if the note is repeated. IE, if D# was used first, used D# again when it comes around in the same melody.
Sometimes, the pizzicato violin line got really low and would become hard, almost impossible to hear with the piano playing at marked forte.
I didn't look much at bowing because neither did you. If you don't have a preference to how it's bowed, I suppose it's fine. But it certainly does look odd to have no bowing marks at all.
Sounds good though.
Thanks :D. And I really have no clue about bowing marks xD. That would be just pointless, if I added them. ^^
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Jtehanonymous

Dahans! I love this! It's so great. xDDDD Winter, I hope you prepared for something like this! x.x

A few comments about the piece in general. There are many instances where the notes go very high, so I'll probably be taking some spots an octave down. Other places where the tempo is a little slower, I'll be able to play the upper octave. Also, the pizzicato parts seems really fun.

Oh, and when I got to the Good Egg Galaxy part, I said, "Oh my god this is so great" out loud and THEN I read your comment where it said, "You're supposed to cry now" I felt very silly. xD

I'm very excited to start learning this. The only problem is setting all the sheets so I can read them in one video. hahaha!

Winter

Quote from: Jtehanonymous on September 25, 2011, 04:08:39 PMDahans! I love this! It's so great. xDDDD Winter, I hope you prepared for something like this! x.x

A few comments about the piece in general. There are many instances where the notes go very high, so I'll probably be taking some spots an octave down. Other places where the tempo is a little slower, I'll be able to play the upper octave. Also, the pizzicato parts seems really fun.

Oh, and when I got to the Good Egg Galaxy part, I said, "Oh my god this is so great" out loud and THEN I read your comment where it said, "You're supposed to cry now" I felt very silly. xD

I'm very excited to start learning this. The only problem is setting all the sheets so I can read them in one video. hahaha!

I laughed when it said cry now, cause I remembered this comment.

And yeah, I could play most of the second half easily. The first half has some unnecessary right hand doubling that i could take out to make it easier for me.

The only real challenge is memorizing the whole thing xD

dahans

Quote from: Winter on September 25, 2011, 05:21:22 PMI laughed when it said cry now, cause I remembered this comment.

And yeah, I could play most of the second half easily. The first half has some unnecessary right hand doubling that i could take out to make it easier for me.

The only real challenge is memorizing the whole thing xD

:D Perfect! Have fun xD and start exercising. xD

Quote from: Jtehanonymous on September 25, 2011, 04:08:39 PMDahans! I love this! It's so great. xDDDD Winter, I hope you prepared for something like this! x.x

I am glad you liked it! As I said feel free to change anything you want to to make it sound better!

dahans

Greg

I really really want to play this now.

Maybe I could force my brother into the violin part  ::)

dahans

Quote from: gzgregory on September 26, 2011, 06:17:48 AMI really really want to play this now.

Maybe I could force my brother into the violin part  ::)
Oh wow! That would be great! And don't forget to record it xD!

dahans

Alright... hope you will like my new composition! :D
Romance for violin and piano: [/b][/color]
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Violin only score-PDF]

SlowPokemon

It's very good--wonderful--but it's not perfect. It doesn't really remind me of romance much, either. xD Maybe that's cause I'm so unsuccessful in it. I do like the little "breakup" motif in the middle. That being said, I admire the fact that you put effort into composing like this, and it's difficult to make good compositions... You should go criticize my new ones for my group's video game. I want somebody to tell me how my Volcano Theme is... :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

dahans

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 26, 2011, 03:33:50 PMIt's very good--wonderful--but it's not perfect. It doesn't really remind me of romance much, either. xD Maybe that's cause I'm so unsuccessful in it. I do like the little "breakup" motif in the middle. That being said, I admire the fact that you put effort into composing like this, and it's difficult to make good compositions... You should go criticize my new ones for my group's video game. I want somebody to tell me how my Volcano Theme is... :P
Haha xD well that's my view of "romance"^^. The middle part symbolizes the "break-up".
And I really had to laugh when you wrote "but it's not perfect". Of course it's not perfect. :P There's not something like perfect music IMO.

Taser9090

I love the Nintendo medley! It sounds really amazing. Shouldn't it be the "Mario Medley", though? :p

I'll take a look at the romance one soon.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

dahans

dahans

Western Land:
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

My next MP arrangement... I  love this song so much.

MassiveMayhem

Quote from: dahans on October 27, 2011, 06:15:41 AMWestern Land:
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

My next MP arrangement... I  love this song so much.
I LOVE YOU!!! THIS IS MY CHILDHOOD RIGHT HERE. I'M HAVING A NOSTALGIC BREAKDOWN!!!
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.