News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Finale 2006d help

Started by Seeker, November 17, 2009, 07:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seeker

Yeah, I'm forced to use my school's horrible Finale version. Anyway:

1. How do I delete extra measures?
2. How do I insert a tempo marking?
3. How do I do 8va?

I'd look at the Help files, but I can't open them for some reason.
This is a signature.

KefkaticFanatic

You should simply be able to highlight measures by dragging a box with your mouse around them.  Hit delete to delete them.  If that doesn't work, then blame your version of Finale for being stupid.  For 8va, make sure all the toolbars are on the screen and try everything.  Tempo marking, I know you can create one when you create the initial document, but not sure how to add them afterwards.

By the way, this is all knowledge from using Finale 2008 so I might be totally wrong.

me irl
[close]

GreekGeek

Quote from: Seeker on November 17, 2009, 07:00:23 PMYeah, I'm forced to use my school's horrible Finale version. Anyway:

Maybe a stupid question, but why don't you use the Finale at home? Are you at school so much :P?
In which case I feel bad for you.

Seeker

Greek: I'm in college. I live at school. And don't have Finale at home.

And thanks, Kefka. That worked.
This is a signature.

The Deku Trombonist

With the tempo marking, you can get those from the expression tool (click the expression tool where you want it to be and click the tempo markings tab in the pop-up window). You can also create a new one from there.

This is from PrintMusic 2009 so it might not be the same for your version but I guess it's worth a shot anyway  ;) .

GreekGeek

Quote from: Seeker on November 20, 2009, 12:46:06 PMGreek: I'm in college. I live at school. And don't have Finale at home.

You seriously live at school? That's odd, never heard of such a thing.
Thought that was something for American movies.

universe-X

Nope, in America, some colleges have dormitories, where a person studying there can also live there, and sometimes work there. (My 6th grade math teacher was a waitress at her college restaurant).