The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

What's you favortie key signature?

Started by Petpetfood, July 03, 2009, 08:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: ALPRAS on July 05, 2009, 12:21:56 PMThat's true. I like the famous prelude Op.3 No.2... and also a bunch of other pieces....
but C minor is always the best..

His Piano Concerto No 2 in C minor is the most epic piece ever.
http://vimeo.com/album/50571

me irl
[close]

GreekGeek

ALPRAS

MetroidHunter26

E Major,Bb Major, and Db Major I like those ones...yeah...(sadly I have no more music theory knowledge cause my CRAPPY! School cut the funds on music programs so no AP music theory class T_T)

Seeker

B Major is an awesome key to play in, but no one ever writes in it. After that it's Eb Major.
This is a signature.

Ricky

I just got a question about this. What's the difference between flats and sharps if for example F# is the same key as Gb? I know that Gb is when you walk down to the black key and F# when you walk up to the black key. Right?

Seeker

There's some advanced theory explanation that involves resolving stuff, but I don't really know that, so I'll give you this sort-of answer.

F# and Gb aren't actually the same note. They're just really close. Enharmonically equivalent, they say. They're close enough that on instruments like piano and clarinet, their frequencies are averaged and they are treated the same. Apparently the really awesome violinists play them differently.
This is a signature.

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Seeker on September 09, 2009, 08:28:26 AMF# and Gb aren't actually the same note. They're just really close.

Who told you that? >:(

Seeker

Two college professors, my third teacher, and some other random guy.
This is a signature.

SirIngusBingus

I would like to see that verified, because that seems rather ridiculous.

Seeker

Is this good enough? Also, google "enharmonic keyboard."
This is a signature.

Qew

yes lol F sharp and G flat ARE meant to be different keys, say for example in those 20th Century days when there was a fad for different tuning of instruments I think my music teacher told me that there were pianos with a second keyboard and set of strings tuned to quarter comma meantone, which meant they had to have two keys for F sharp and G flat. Also I think they just got rid of that because it was too hard to have 13 notes in an octave when they moved to equal temperament.

C minor is my favourite key :D so coool

universe-X

C major is my favorite, no sharps, no flats, just the way I like it.

And just a tip, Qew, if you see topics that haven't been answered in over a month, it's nest just to skip out on them, I made a huge mess once from doing that.  :P