The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

i actually know nothing fren  -socrates the don

MaestroUGC

I'm all for arguing semantics, but this isn't the place to talk about American gun laws.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Mashi

All my friends on NSM never stop fighting each other.

This is me complaining, by the way.

Sorry.

Bubbles

Quote from: Mashi on October 03, 2015, 05:42:36 PMAll my friends on NSM never stop fighting each other.

Sorry.
I think about this a lot too actually :/

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

braix

It's difficult for me to even make friends on NSM because of the age difference; y'all are gonna be oldies by the time I get to drink

Edit: Now that I dwell on it, I'm starting to realize how lonely I actually am. ._.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

Quote from: braixen1264 on October 03, 2015, 07:24:43 PMIt's difficult for me to even make friends on NSM because of the age difference; y'all are gonna be oldies by the time I get to drink

Edit: Now that I dwell on it, I'm starting to realize how lonely I actually am. ._.
wow I thought we were friends
k

@waddle you don't even live in the us, why do you care about us so much
unmotivated

Ruto

Quote from: braixen1264 on October 03, 2015, 07:24:43 PMIt's difficult for me to even make friends on NSM because of the age difference; y'all are gonna be oldies by the time I get to drink

Older friends are useful because they can buy you beer

Quote from: Mashi on October 03, 2015, 05:42:36 PMAll my friends on NSM never stop fighting each other.

Sorry.

Yes. It's like the same people or topic every week.

Quote from: FireArrow on October 03, 2015, 12:24:32 PM@ruto I don't want to start another flame war, but I think there are some opinions that you have to be uneducated/sheltered about to have.

I thought the Flintstones was an accurate depiction of the past when I was about six too.

*high fives Waddle*

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Okay so my class is studying medieval life so naturally Christianity comes up since it was a HUGE part of life in the Middle Ages.
After class everyone is talking about their beliefs and that's fine and dandy but this annoys me SO much.
People cannot fucking differentiate between atheism and agnosticism. There were these two girls who were like "Atheists KNOW there is no God, but I can't say that for sure so I'm an agnostic", or, "I'm agnostic because I'm open to the idea of God".
NO. THAT ISN'T HOW IT WORKS.
Here's Google's definition of agnosticism; "a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena".
Agnostics don't know; neither do atheists. Here's the key difference: Agnostics, since they can't prove or disprove it, don't take a stance on it or say it's impossible to know.
Atheists just don't believe in it.
Please, everyone, before you claim to be an agnostic see if you're just confused on the definitions.
/rant
what is shitpost

FireArrow

I guess I'm somewhere in between? I really don't know. I definitely don't believe in any religious text or modern religion, they just personally don't make any sense to me. However, I am open to the idea of a divine being in general as it's kinda nice to think that our universe has a reason for existing. Of course, that begs the question as to what created the universe the divine being is in so meh, it's complicated and I don't really can't make an opinion on it.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Zunawe

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on October 04, 2015, 01:09:35 PMOkay so my class is studying medieval life so naturally Christianity comes up since it was a HUGE part of life in the Middle Ages.
After class everyone is talking about their beliefs and that's fine and dandy but this annoys me SO much.
People cannot fucking differentiate between atheism and agnosticism. There were these two girls who were like "Atheists KNOW there is no God, but I can't say that for sure so I'm an agnostic", or, "I'm agnostic because I'm open to the idea of God".
Here's Google's definition of agnosticism; "a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena".
Agnostics don't know; neither do atheists. Here's the key difference: Agnostics, since they can't prove or disprove it, don't take a stance on it or say it's impossible to know.
Please, everyone, before you claim to be an agnostic see if you're just confused on the definitions.
/rant
I would say those two quotes you had aren't terribly inaccurate. Overly simplified, yes, but they reflect the basic idea. The basic differentiation I use in my mind is that atheism disbelieves while agnosticism simply chooses not to believe. Even though the definition and common use of "agnostic" don't line up exactly, there really isn't a much better word for somebody who neither accepts nor rejects the idea of one or more deities.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Olimar12345

Sorry.

Maybe because the politics and religion topics keep spilling out into everywhere else. /rant
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on October 04, 2015, 01:09:35 PMOkay so my class is studying medieval life so naturally Christianity comes up since it was a HUGE part of life in the Middle Ages.
/rant
They're both stupid though so it's ok to mix them up
unmotivated

Dude