The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Quote from: ETFROXX on February 04, 2012, 10:54:21 AMI have not heard of any of the stores you guys just mentioned. :)
You haven't heard of Trader Joes????
Even SFK knows and he doesn't have one in Florida!
It's the epicest store ever!

spitllama

They have some of the tastiest organic foods out there.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Dude

Quote from: ETFROXX on February 04, 2012, 10:54:21 AMI have not heard of any of the stores you guys just mentioned. :)
That's what happens when you live in a cornfield.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: DrP on February 04, 2012, 11:13:50 AMYou haven't heard of Trader Joes????
Even SFK knows and he doesn't have one in Florida!
It's the epicest store ever!
^THIS.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Ruto

Quote from: MassiveMayhem on February 03, 2012, 03:27:44 PMI can't believe this. My cat has kidney cancer.  This is my third pet in a year to be sick like this. I just don't know what to do. I can't cry anymore. I probably can never get another pet in a long time.
That's really sad...I was upset with all the hamsters dying, but a cat? :( (Something you can hug vs. something that runs around in a cage)

Also I never heard of any of the stores you guys listed, but I saw a shopping bag for Trader Joe's at least once.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

triforced1

Whole Foods is pretty good, but I like the old fashioned farmer's market. Especially the one in Bellevue

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

DrP

Quote from: triforced1 on February 04, 2012, 02:10:45 PMWhole Foods is pretty good, but I like the old fashioned farmer's market. Especially the one in Bellevue
They have one of those stores here (not whole foods). It's filled with hippies and health food nuts... and vegans. Ironically, it has one of the best meat butchers in SLO. That's where I get my soup chicken!
But seriously, their apples there are like $1.19 each and look a bit questionable and the ones at Trader Joes are $0.59 each and are delicious! (I'll go eat an apple right now!)

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on February 04, 2012, 02:22:04 PMmmm, overpriced bug ridden fruits
They're not overpriced! Your paying for the extra protein you're getting from the bugs!

Also farmer's market produce is way tastier than grocery store produce.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

DrP

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 04, 2012, 04:17:47 PMThey're not overpriced! Your paying for the extra protein you're getting from the bugs!

Also farmer's market produce is way tastier than grocery store produce.
When I go to Farmer's here on Thursday night, much of the produce looks kinda funky... except the avocados! I have a guy who sells me 10 for a dollar. They are amazing! (I kinda want some guacamole now!)
Also there's this place that sells nuts that is pretty delicious, too! Nothing beats fresh walnuts!

Raymondbl

lucky
Quote from: DrP on February 04, 2012, 04:44:51 PMWhen I go to Farmer's here on Thursday night, much of the produce looks kinda funky... except the avocados! I have a guy who sells me 10 for a dollar. They are amazing! (I kinda want some guacamole now!)
Also there's this place that sells nuts that is pretty delicious, too! Nothing beats fresh walnuts!
, we get one avocado for $1.29   One apple for $0.89.  Nuts are pretty delicious, especially pistachios (and walnuts). 

A lot of the food in our farmer's market doesn't look very fresh, but it depends on who's selling it.  At least we get samples.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

DrP

I forgot about the pistachios!

There's this pretty awesome booth that sells middle eastern and greek foods that is fairly decent, plus the booths that sell the belgian fries, crepes, BBQ and others... its amazing. The problem is that they never take credit cards.

MasterProX

Quote from: Raymondbl on February 04, 2012, 04:50:26 PMwe get one avocado for $1.29

Heh, I never have to buy avocados since there's a huge avocado tree in my backyard that seems to magically always have a bunch of avocados.