News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

At this point you would have to pay more than 1/4 of the cost of a new console, so it's really quite silly.  And yea, warranty is out so it really doesn't matter what you do now if they refuse to give you a free repair :P  You could also try and look for a local shop that does repairs.

me irl
[close]

Ruto

I'm sorry to hear that, Dude :(

Heck I haven't been able to eat properly for 3 days and I feel like total crap.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

the_last_sheikah

Just realized we've been talking about video games while everyone else is consoling Dude, I feel a bit dickish for that :-[.
I'm sorry dude, just be sure to remember all the good times.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

DrP

Sorry to hear about that dude.

My grandfather died from cancer that spread because it was too late (and his stubbornness to go to a doctor until it was too late). It really sucks to go through it, and when my other grandparents and maybe my great grandmother die, it will suck even more (since I am much closer to them).

It's a bad feeling.

Roz~

I had an English class this morning. I couldn't attend it though, because some retards who are on strike decided they did not want us to attend it. A lot of students are on strike now because the government wants to raise the tuition fees by 75%. We're not on strike though, so what they did was illegal. We tried telling them that we voted against the strike, so they had no right to disturb our class, but the guy leading the students who were there didn't want to hear a thing, and he treated us like shit because we didn't have the same opinion as him. One of my friends told him that she didn't mind about the raise, and he bitched her out. Right after that, he told us to respect his opinion even though it was different than "ours". Are you fucking kidding me? You tell us we're fucking retards for not being on strike, and you want us to be kind with you? Awww, they're right, it's going to cost a lot in the future, what the fuck are we thinking? We should go on strike too! >_>
I am against that raise, but my association voted against the strike. I'm not mad about that though, because I don't think the strike's the best way to go against the government. But fuck, don't bitch us out for attending our classes. If they're back next week, they're fucking going to have to deal with us. Everyone in our class was pissed off.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

^We're having similar problems... not with the strike.

The state is cutting back our funding and we are having to pay a higher percentage. I think it was last year that students officially contributed more than the state... it used to be around $750 a quarter 10 years ago, now it's $2660 a quarter.

Then the President of the University proposed a "student success fee" to raise another 9 billion dollars over the next 3 years, so all of next year we have a $270 quarterly increase because of this. We all had to vote on it and many people did end up voting yes on it. Because if not, classes would be cut, class sizes would increase (in certain cases) and some departmental programs would disappear. Fuck all this, our entire state has no fucking clue how to do anything right.

Roz~

Yeah, it sucks. We're lucky here, because tuition fees are not high compared to the rest of North America... but as a society, we decided that we wanted low tuition fees so that people who want to go to university can go. However, our government wants to raise them because of the fact that they're lower than the US/the other provinces' ones. It just doesn't make sense. Our values are totally different from the RoC, as seen during the federal elections last year. They're going to raise them, and then people from the middle class a.k.a the huge majority of the population won't be able to study there anymore. It's easy to say "lolz just work and save your money to pay for it" but that's what a lot of students are already doing. Oh, and they're going to use the money to give bigger scholarships to people, but in reality only 5% receive scholarship from the government, and this 5% = the poor. Basically the middle class is going to pay more so the poor people can go to school; however in doing so the middle class won't be able to afford it anymore. Makes perfect sense. And anyways the universities here can't seem to use their funds properly... they're mostly given to the superintendents 'cause you know, they somehow deserve a big paycheck... and they do so while our universities are literally falling into ruins. So yeah. It sucks. I understand why the students are on strike. I'm against that raise myself, but not every student's on strike, so let them attend their classes for god's sake.

Greg

Our teachers were just on strike asking for higher wages as well. Man, Canada's education system is not looking fantastic right now.

The students staged a walkout, as well... just to get the strike to end more quickly. >_> At least they didn't force everyone into it.

DrP

Our universities are already in the shitter here in California. Here in the US, most of the education is financed by the state governments, who receive educational funding from the federal government for those who submit the FAFSA and other stuff... personally, I am against the DoE... it just has too much waste attached to it and it should be up to the state governments. However, here, with California seeping money to many corrupt people and other leeches on the system, we can't put education or economic growth ahead of us, rather coming to disagreements over a fucking budget... the California Assembly still hasn't agreed to a budget in more than one year. Politics here are so fucking polarized it really sucks... we need to go back to the Clinton era when bipartisanship was encouraged and put into practice. I am so glad that I am graduating next year so I don't have to worry about this fucking problem... tuition fees are increasing rapidly and the student success fee here will just increase that even more. We may break $10,000 in total fees paid next year. That's a new high for a CSU (UCs may break $20,000 for IN-STATE). I'm just fucking done.

Jamaha

Oh hai, what are these tuition fees you speak of.

ETFROXX

UGH I FUCKING HATE MY AUNT. This bitch is so full of shit. I'm staying home sick today because I don't feel well and she texted my mom 'im just pist cuz all she hsa to do is go to school nd she doesnt even do that she doesnt realize u work ur ass off and she does nothin'.

OKAY BITCH. LET'S REVIEW.

YOU JUST FUCKING TORE OUT MY MOTHER BECAUSE YOUR DRYER BROKE AND IT'S NOT FAIR THAT IF YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO USES IT YOU SHOULDN'T BE THE ONLY ONE TO PAY FOR IT. OKAY. MY MOTHER ALREADY FUCKING OFFERED TO PAY FOR ALL OF IT EVEN THOUGH SHE ISN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO USES IT.

OH OH, AND YOU MAKE HER TAKE YOUR BILLS AROUND WHEN SHE NEEDS TO SLEEP BECAUSE SHE FUCKING WORKS AT NIGHTS. AND DO YOU EVER FUCKING GIVE HER GAS MONEY? NO. FUCKING HYPOCRITICAL BITCH. OH AND SHE FUCKING BOUGHT US ALL PIZZA LAST NIGHT. DID YOU EVER FUCKING THANK HER? NO. YOU BITCHED HER OUT BECAUSE SHE GOT THE WRONG KIND.

GOD. I can't fucking wait to get out of here. OH THAT REMINDS ME. YOU'LL PROBABLY DRIVE 4 FUCKING HOURS TO GO TO MY COUSIN KEENAN'S GRADUATION AND NOT GO TO MINE. HUH. 'CAUSE WHEN HE WAS IN TOWN FOR SPEECH YOU TOOK THE WHOLE FUCKING DAY OFF TO GO. YOU HAVEN'T GONE TO A FUCKING CONCERT OF MINE SINCE KEENAN QUIT. FUCK YOU.

Roz~

Quote from: JaMaHa on March 29, 2012, 03:02:58 AMOh hai, what are these tuition fees you speak of.

I hate you. :D
In all seriousness though, they're not that high here. They're ~1500$ per session, but with the raise they're going to be ~3200$ per session. The government doesn't even want to talk to the students, they're just going to raise the goddamn fees. Actually this morning the government said that it'd talk to the students, but only if they forget about free education and the freezing of the tuition fees. It sucks. The government decided to lower the big companies' taxes, which resulted in a 2 billion funds loss, so now the middle class has to pay for said loss. Free education would cost something like 700 000$. They could potentially have the money to pay for it, they just don't seem to know how to use it properly. u_u
Also Finland has one of the best school system on the planet and I really think that we should look at it and learn from it. You're lucky.

Olimar12345

Ugh...This will be the second time I have ever returned an online purchase. Fuckin' shitty-ass amazon seller...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Roz~

Quote from: ETFROXX on March 29, 2012, 06:11:25 AMUGH I FUCKING HATE MY AUNT. This bitch is so full of shit. I'm staying home sick today because I don't feel well and she texted my mom 'im just pist cuz all she hsa to do is go to school nd she doesnt even do that she doesnt realize u work ur ass off and she does nothin'.

OKAY BITCH. LET'S REVIEW.

YOU JUST FUCKING TORE OUT MY MOTHER BECAUSE YOUR DRYER BROKE AND IT'S NOT FAIR THAT IF YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO USES IT YOU SHOULDN'T BE THE ONLY ONE TO PAY FOR IT. OKAY. MY MOTHER ALREADY FUCKING OFFERED TO PAY FOR ALL OF IT EVEN THOUGH SHE ISN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO USES IT.

OH OH, AND YOU MAKE HER TAKE YOUR BILLS AROUND WHEN SHE NEEDS TO SLEEP BECAUSE SHE FUCKING WORKS AT NIGHTS. AND DO YOU EVER FUCKING GIVE HER GAS MONEY? NO. FUCKING HYPOCRITICAL BITCH. OH AND SHE FUCKING BOUGHT US ALL PIZZA LAST NIGHT. DID YOU EVER FUCKING THANK HER? NO. YOU BITCHED HER OUT BECAUSE SHE GOT THE WRONG KIND.

GOD. I can't fucking wait to get out of here. OH THAT REMINDS ME. YOU'LL PROBABLY DRIVE 4 FUCKING HOURS TO GO TO MY COUSIN KEENAN'S GRADUATION AND NOT GO TO MINE. HUH. 'CAUSE WHEN HE WAS IN TOWN FOR SPEECH YOU TOOK THE WHOLE FUCKING DAY OFF TO GO. YOU HAVEN'T GONE TO A FUCKING CONCERT OF MINE SINCE KEENAN QUIT. FUCK YOU.

Wow, this sucks. She sounds like she's a real jerk. =/

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 29, 2012, 12:51:01 PMUgh...This will be the second time I have ever returned an online purchase. Fuckin' shitty-ass amazon seller...

What did you order?

Olimar12345

The Legend of Zelda Series for Piano. Look how it arrived:

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!