News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Quote from: ChrisLeeFan1118 on April 13, 2012, 09:57:48 AMPlus I don't want to go to some government run, liberaly indoctrinated, public school where people have problems with you praying on school grounds. I would much rather stay at home and have no problems with intolerant liberals.

Plus I'm going to Liberty University, a private, christian, school. 8)
QUICK, SOMEONE FIND THAT NEWS ARTICLE THAT HAD THE SCIENTIFIC STUDY ABOUT HOW LIBERALS ARE SMARTER THAN CONSERVATIVES. I CAN'T FIND IT.

Dude

It's not the exact one I was thinking of, but sure.

ChrisLeeFan1118

Quote from: Ruto on April 13, 2012, 02:16:37 PMYour statement is really offensive. As far as I know there are no public schools that would have problems with anyone praying. People just aren't allowed to force others to pray. If you haven't been to a public school, why are you judging public schools?

If you're going to a school with other like-minded students why do you need a gun? Schools are supposed to be safe environments.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, however, I will not change my statement. There have been cases where a school is prosecuted because it allows a time for meditation and prayer, believe me, I have read about cases like this going to the Supreme Court.
It is true that I do not go to a public school, however, my brother did; and he told some very bad stories about his experience.

In answer to your other question, the right to bear arms is a very important issue to me, and even though I am going to a school that is "like-minded" does not mean that the students are. Evil is everywhere, and I want to be able to defend myself. Plus, whoever said that a school was a safe environment. ???

I do not mean to be offensive, I am just stating my opinion as the First Amendment allows me to do so.
I used to be very conceited, that has all changed; now I'm Perfect!

ChrisLeeFan1118

It's funny how a conversation about where everyone is going to college turns into a debate over my political beliefs.

But I guess I'm the one to blame for that. :D

Eh... what do you expect from someone who listens to Rush Limbaugh everyday. ;)

Ruto

Quote from: ChrisLeeFan1118 on April 13, 2012, 02:55:26 PMI'm sorry if I offended anyone, however, I will not change my statement. There have been cases where a school is prosecuted because it allows a time for meditation and prayer, believe me, I have read about cases like this going to the Supreme Court.
It is true that I do not go to a public school, however, my brother did; and he told some very bad stories about his experience.

Okay, what are the cases?

Public school's not for everyone, and sure, you can get bad experiences, like from everything else in life. But just because it was bad for one person, it doesn't mean you should make the assumption it's ALL bad. I'm sure public school is going to be different even in the same country.

QuoteIn answer to your other question, the right to bear arms is a very important issue to me, and even though I am going to a school that is "like-minded" does not mean that the students are. Evil is everywhere, and I want to be able to defend myself.

That sounds a bit paranoid? I know people have to be able to defend themselves but you can kill people with guns or have the guns fall into the wrong hands (which is common also). If you're choosing that school for its conservative, Christian leanings, certainly the students that make up the school are like-minded.

QuoteI do not mean to be offensive, I am just stating my opinion as the First Amendment allows me to do so.

Stating your opinion is one thing, but there is no need to offend anyone at all. I've been taught that offensive and emotionally charged statements in a courtroom from lawyers often don't hold up well in cases.

@Dude:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2095549/Right-wingers-intelligent-left-wingers-says-controversial-study--conservative-politics-lead-people-racist.html

I think the study's a bit flawed but you can watch Fox News and possibly come to the same conclusion anyway >__>;

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

The first amendment does not apply on forums, nor does it on school campus, as any person who has done even the most basic research into law would tell you.

You cant just be a dick with your little conservative superiority complex and get away with it unfortunately.

I think you need to learn a little bit about the real world before spouting such hilarious claims anyway.  RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION BY THE EVIL GOVERNMENT huh...

I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't want to go to a school where there are hicks all over the place with guns, but that's just my impression of every reasonable person I've met ever.

me irl
[close]

ChrisLeeFan1118

The case is called Wallace v. Jaffree I invite you to read it.

Also, my Christian beleifs teaches me that all people are inherently evil, meaning we are all given more to evil than to good. Please don't misunderstand what I am saying. I did not say that school was all bad, just that government funded colleges are under the influence of the gov, which is never a good thing. ;)

And, like I said, there are a lot of students that go to Liberty who aren't "like-minded".

And as for your last question, I'm am not trying to offend anyone as I have previously stated. It is your decision whether or not to be offended. I am a tolerant person, but one who states his beliefs.

KefkaticFanatic

"Stating your beliefs" is not an excuse for spewing out inflammatory garbage that even some on fox news would be hesitant to say.  At this point I'm just wondering if you're a troll based on some of what I've read.

me irl
[close]

Ruto

Quote from: ChrisLeeFan1118 on April 13, 2012, 03:22:31 PMThe case is called Wallace v. Jaffree I invite you to read it.

I have, and the case is about how the Alabama schools have a law that's unconstitutional because it forced all students to engage in prayer (violating separation of church and state). The government never ruled that no one can pray, it just ruled that the school can't force everyone to pray. Prayer is supposed to be personal, there is absolutely no need to do it in public to make yourself seem holier than others. Ever heard of the parable of the Pharisee and tax collector? Of course you have.

QuoteAlso, my Christian beliefs (sorry, but I am getting a bit irritated for lack of spell check) teaches me that all people are inherently evil, meaning we are all given more to evil than to good. Please don't misunderstand what I am saying. I did not say that school was all bad, just that government funded colleges are under the influence of the gov, which is never a good thing. ;)

As for the good and evil, that's your opinion. Have you taken Philosophy 101? It will help you a lot. I can share a few readings if you like. St. Augustine makes one argument but there many (such as Socrates) that make an entirely different one.

If you think the government is so bad 1) do you think you can you do better? 2) why would you even want to defend and interpret its laws? 3) why do you pay taxes?

Nearly every college in America is funded in some way by the government, even the private ones. They've contributed more to humanity than any other institution. Not too shabby?

QuoteAnd as for your last question, I'm am not trying to offend anyone as I have previously stated. It is your decision whether or not to be offended.

Can you honestly say that what you've said is not offensive to anyone?

QuoteI am a tolerant person, but one who states his beliefs.

Tolerant except to liberals.

Btw, Limbaugh is a poor choice to learn about impartial law.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

ETFROXX

Raymondbl

Ok guys I don't want this to get heated but I have a few opinions I want to throw out -

Quote from: ChrisLeeFan1118 on April 13, 2012, 03:22:31 PMAlso, my Christian beleifs teaches me that all people are inherently evil, meaning we are all given more to evil than to good.

I think I know what you're getting at, but I wouldn't word it like that, "good" and "evil" are too general terms. 

All people have, to varying degrees, a desire to do things for their own benefit, and it sometimes comes out as greed. I think that's what you were trying to imply by "evil." Most people have kindness, and that alone makes them not evil and instead just self-preservative in certain situations. 

Imo evil is more of a term for people who have no regard whatsoever to others, and are unnecessarily cruel and show no kindness at all, maybe like Hitler. 
Quote from: ChrisLeeFan1118 on April 13, 2012, 03:22:31 PMgovernment funded colleges are under the influence of the gov, which is never a good thing. ;)
I don't have anything to add on to Ruto's argument, but I just wanted to say, you should never say something is "never a good thing."  For example, someone could say falling off a horse is never a good thing.  But what if, you fall off a horse and break your leg, then the government starts drafting people into the army?  Then it would be a good thing, because they don't draft injured people, and (even uninjured)there's a high chance you would die if you were in a battle. 

And, like I said, there are a lot of students that go to Liberty who aren't "like-minded".

Quote from: ChrisLeeFan1118 on April 13, 2012, 03:22:31 PMI am a tolerant person, but one who states his beliefs.
As long as we don't start flaming each other, I'm fine with it. 
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

ChrisLeeFan1118

Am I the only one who thinks we're getting a little off topic?
Whats this forum about anyway? ???

Well, sorry if I caused a disturbance in the forum.

ETFROXX

Quote from: ChrisLeeFan1118 on April 13, 2012, 05:26:40 PMWhats this forum about anyway? ???

Why the fuck did you sign up for it if you don't know.

DrP

You really should know better. I mean you're apparently going into law school... Kefka is right.

First Amendment rights is a guarantee by the Federal government in FEDERAL GOVERNMENT matters... in businesses and the internet -- they can do whatever they want for the most part... If a company tells you to remove a shirt that says something offensive, they can tell you to remove it and if you don't, you can get fired. Just because you have a right to say whatever you want, doesn't mean it is right (prime example being hate speech). Prayer is protected by the 1st Amendment, but the right not to pray is also guaranteed by the 1st amendment. That's what Wallace v. Jaffree was about. It is one of the main principles of this country: not to shove religion or no religion down other people's throats. It is up to us to believe what we want to. It's not my fault that many members of the party I belong to believe that (I hate how politics are ruining this country). Places like the internet (and this forum) are governed by the rules of the specific site and NOT by the Constitution.

My Christian beliefs tell me to treat others like myself, living a life with integrity and morality/ethics. We need to strive to do good because it is human nature to do bad, but others can get past that and strive for fairness and all that other ethical stuff (I quote Kohlberg... We need to strive to attain Stage 6).

This all needs to stop... seriously. We don't need to get more threads locked or many of us banned.