News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Quote from: spitllama on April 25, 2012, 07:42:23 PM^^^^ xD
this.

And relationships from high school are one of the worst predictors for love/long term. I think 15% of people who marry high school sweethearts are happy, the rest all end up in divorce.
Wait until college! (Or like me, wait until you feel like you want to make an effort to pursue a relationship.. meaning after I graduate)

spitllama

50% of people in high school don't date, and still have a good time

I'm more-so just playing devil's advocate. Dating is cool too.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Ruto

^yeah but the 50% that do makes the rest of us look like losers :'(

...I think I'm happy with an education. Then I wouldn't be doomed to some boring old job at an office or box factory.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

MaestroUGC

If your self-worth is tied to your relationship status then you need to re-evaluate yourself and what you want to get out of life. I'm not saying don't date, it's a healthy part of developing your sexual identity, I'm saying that dating shouldn't be the only thing you do while in school. It certainly shouldn't be omni-important like some of you like to think it is, at least that's how you portray it.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

I saw a quote somewhere "if you're not okay with being single, you're not ready for a relationship"...thoughts?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

spitllama

I agree. Too many of my pals have fallen for the misconception that you have to always be tied to someone's hip to be happy.
Submissions Page

Ruto

^Agreed. I could also bring up that creepy guy that Concerto helped me deal with a while back -.- It's actually a bit disturbing. Whereas I went to the same school as that guy for about 2 years and I'm not like that at all. I have to credit myself for being so oblivious and happy enough with the books, paint, telescope, band saw and computer lying around.

>__>

I guess that "making the nerds feel bad" thing was just a typical douchebag reaction. I remember this girl in my class that was like that...she just had problems with everything I did. One of the things she kept getting all mad at me for was being able to talk normally to guys instead of being all stupid and flirty. I think she thought I was being flirty?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

Well this is sad news.

I was doing my normal daily glance of financial news and one of the headlines that came across on BusinessWire was this one

Chicago Tribune

Nintendo is going to be reporting its annual earnings (well, about now at the time of this writing [or a few hours ago]).

Nintendo will be reporting it's first ever quarterly loss on it's income statement since... ever (apparently). I can't believe that Nintendo is in this situation as a fan, but as someone who is in the know about financial news, this is something that was inevitable. I really hope that their next annual report will at least be in the black.

I'll look around for Nintendo's quarterly report as it surfaces on the internet and I will get back to everything.

spitllama

I feel like they've made some really sucky decisions lately. Has there been a change in management there or anything?
Submissions Page

DrP

From what it looks like, no.

And they have made some shitty decisions... seriously, the tablet idea for the Wii U was an... idea. It should've stayed in the R&D lab.

The problem is that game companies are shifting from the normal platforms and switching to smartphone OS's to release contento on them. Hell, the PS Vita is running Android.

Nintendo can no longer sell bulky, unattractive things with shitty computing power in this day-and-age. (Well, my 3DS is kinda pretty). Nintendo needs to compete with what people want if they want to stay in business...

AND WTF!! Why in hell are they paying a freaking dividend!

KefkaticFanatic

Their stock has been doing awful for a long time.  The Wii was a fad and they simply don't have a good direction.

me irl
[close]

DrP

Here is a link to Nintendo's Annual Report 2011

They reported a Net Loss of about $532,000. You guys should explore the rest. If you need help reading an annual report, you know how to find me or you can google it (this one is a bit easier than the usual form 10-K that US companies have to file with the SEC)

Clanker37

Quote from: DrP on April 26, 2012, 01:32:47 AMHere is a link to Nintendo's Annual Report 2011

They reported a Net Loss of about $532,000. You guys should explore the rest. If you need help reading an annual report, you know how to find me or you can google it (this one is a bit easier than the usual form 10-K that US companies have to file with the SEC)
Well it could be worse. However, I should hope that some certain Japanese Accountants will be unemployed in the next few months/weeks/immediatley...

Dude

OK FINE I'LL BUY THE GOD DAMN GAMES AND NOT PIRATE THEM GAWSH.

DrP

Quote from: Clanker37 on April 26, 2012, 06:24:24 AMWell it could be worse. However, I should hope that some certain Japanese Accountants will be unemployed in the next few months/weeks/immediatley...
It's not their fault. They did their jobs and were probably audited by one of the big four (but in Japan, they're not required to be held up to the same standards of SOX)