The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisLeeFan1118

Actually, your mother probably does understand but thinks you're wrong or just being stupid. And my experience would tell me that she's probably right. The problem with the youth of today is that teens usually think that they're smarter than their parents, which they usually aren't.
I used to be very conceited, that has all changed; now I'm Perfect!

Ruto

Quote from: ChrisLeeFan1118 on May 07, 2012, 05:51:04 PMActually, your mother probably does understand but thinks you're wrong or just being stupid. And my experience would tell me that she's probably right. The problem with the youth of today is that teens usually think that they're smarter than their parents, which they usually aren't.

I don't think Roz needs that kind of talk or advice.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Dude

Quote from: ChrisLeeFan1118 on May 07, 2012, 05:51:04 PMActually, your mother probably does understand but thinks you're wrong or just being stupid. And my experience would tell me that she's probably right. The problem with the youth of today is that teens usually think that they're smarter than their parents, which they usually aren't.
Obvious troll comment is obvious.

Also, Roz, I know you're replying to his post, but don't let it get to you. Us normal folk still love you!

ChrisLeeFan1118

What can I say, I'm a master at being insesetive.
I used to be very conceited, that has all changed; now I'm Perfect!

Dude

Quote from: ChrisLeeFan1118 on May 07, 2012, 06:24:35 PMWhat can I say, I'm a master at being insesetive.
I'm loving your spelling abilities. It makes you look so much smarter.

Ruto

Quote from: Dude on May 07, 2012, 06:20:29 PMUs normal folk still love you!

Yes! I also like how you refer to us as normal XD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Roz~

Not even gonna bother to write a long post to answer you, anyways I know you're completely wrong and as Dude said, obvious troll is obvious. Oh and I'm not a teen anymore dood ;o

Quote from: Raymondbl on May 07, 2012, 03:58:50 PMMaybe she doesn't understand.  Generally, it's better to socialize rather than have entertainment alone at home.  If you can find good friends, then that's what you should do.  If you can't find good friends, then you have to tell her, and if she still doesn't listen, then you can rant. 

Maybe you've already done all this.

I do have good friends, but I met them while studying in Quebec City, and since school is over we all had to head back home. We live far from each other so it's going to be hard to meet during the summer. Also the people I met in High School are all douchebags, so I never wanted to hang out with them. So yeah. I did tell her, but I guess it didn't work. Now my mom and I are just mad at each other apparently. I'm not really mad, I just wish she'd listen to what I have to say... Eh, someday I guess.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Dude

Quote from: Roz~ on May 07, 2012, 06:32:19 PMOh and I'm not a teen anymore dood ;o
Wait.

19 isn't a teen anymore?! :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

spitllama

I would recommend you actually take your mom's advice Roz. I mean, you consider yourself to be an introvert, which is fine. But constant interaction with other people will most likely be a part of your career in the future. I think I remember you saying you work at a grocery store, and that's pretty similar. And what about connections? Or life-long friends? Sometimes I just tell myself "Korbin get your ass out there and be social" even though it sucks :/ I think it is possible to become a peoples person, but staying at home doesn't help it much.

EDIT: So ninja'd by responses identical to my comments
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Jub3r7

Quote from: Ruto on May 07, 2012, 06:07:29 PM...

I don't think Roz needs that kind of talk or advice.
Words of wisdom!

Also the Hope God Tier hoodie is ALWAYS out of stock whenever I try to get my parents to buy it for me (Last Christmas and now.)

...spitllama, read her response to raymond and also ruto's post about Roz not needing that kind of talk or advice. :P
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Roz~

Quote from: Dude on May 07, 2012, 06:34:34 PMWait.

19 isn't a teen anymore?! :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not in Canadia ;o
Plus I spend most of the year living by myself, buying my own food and all, so I dunno, I feel more like an adult than a teen.

Quote from: spitllama on May 07, 2012, 06:34:48 PMI would recommend you actually take your mom's advice Roz. I mean, you consider yourself to be an introvert, which is fine. But constant interaction with other people will most likely be a part of your career in the future. I think I remember you saying you work at a grocery store, and that's pretty similar. And what about connections? Or life-long friends? Sometimes I just tell myself "Korbin get your ass out there and be social" even though it sucks :/ I think it is possible to become a peoples person, but staying at home doesn't help it much.

EDIT: So ninja'd by responses identical to my comments

Translating stuff = you don't have to interact with your clients =P
And don't worry, I do go out with friends, I just choose with whom I go out. I prefer going out with people I consider friends than with people who don't care about me. I went to almost every parties the Translation students association ( or w/e it's called) made this year, and I did have fun. But now that I'm at home, I just want to relax and do things I enjoy like playing Pokémon, reading, etc. I do understand her point, but I really don't feel like I should hang out with people I don't really like. I've read a nice sentence that sums my situation well today : Either a mother and daughter know each other very well, or they are strangers. My mom doesn't know about what I do in Quebec City, and I know for a fact that she thinks I don't go out and spend my time playing video games or reading stuff on my computer while I'm there. So yeah, I understand her point, but I don't think she understands mine.

spitllama

Yah that makes sense. Also-

Quote from: Roz~ on May 07, 2012, 06:43:59 PMTranslation students association

What is this? A club for people who can translate? :O
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Roz~

Hmm yeah well it more like a "club" for translation students =P

MasterProX

Currently in need of a new DSi XL.  Too bad I don't have an extra $180 laying around...

...god damnit.

SuperFireKirby

These days? You serious,bro? Since the beginning of humanity teenagers have always thought, whether openly or secretly, that they are smarter than their parents. Parents tend to be completely oblivious as to how their kid feels and ESPECIALLY what their kid does, which often leads to these feelings. Silly troll.

Hope things get better Roz. You've always got friends here. :)(and a few judgmental assholes...but mostly friends)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!