News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

Yeah, one thing I'm worried about is getting farther away from someone because of the attempt at getting closer.

My ex-girlfriend used to be my best friend since the third grade until, well, yeah.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Ruto

When I'm confused about things I just go to Wikipedia XD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friend_zone

Here's a counterargument (sort of) since Wikipedia is a bit skewed towards the guy's POV.
http://fozmeadows.tumblr.com/post/20834902215/lamenting-the-friend-zone-or-the-nice-guy-approach

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Raymondbl

Quote from: FluteNinja on May 08, 2012, 04:30:03 PMI can't.  I don't want to make things awkward between us.

It won't be awkward, if you don't make it awkward.  Find a way to let her know, and don't let things be any different.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

FluteNinja

I'm trying to do that right now...I'm failing
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

Jub3r7

Quote from: Raymondbl on May 08, 2012, 04:54:47 PMIt won't be awkward, if you don't make it awkward.  Find a way to let her know, and don't let things be any different.
A girl will tell you that she still wants to be friends with you when breaking up.
95% of the time, they won't actually want to talk to you anymore and even if they do, it makes you look clingy to any onlookers.

I personally wouldn't care as much about the latter if the former weren't true.
Quote from: Ruto on May 08, 2012, 04:51:18 PMWhen I'm confused about things I just go to Wikipedia XD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friend_zone

Here's a counterargument (sort of) since Wikipedia is a bit skewed towards the guy's POV.
http://fozmeadows.tumblr.com/post/20834902215/lamenting-the-friend-zone-or-the-nice-guy-approach
The friend zone can exist without the desire for sex; the article seems to be assuming that sex is the sole purpose of the desire for a relationship, and that's not really true.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

FluteNinja

Quote from: Jub3r7 on May 08, 2012, 05:00:21 PMA girl will tell you that she still wants to be friends with you when breaking up.
95% of the time, they won't actually want to talk to you anymore and even if they do, it makes you look clingy to any onlookers.
Happened to me 2 months ago-.-
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: FluteNinja on May 08, 2012, 04:17:03 PMI think that I'm falling in love with one of my best friends :o  This is terrible.

I have absolutely no experience with this so cannot comprehend [/sarcasm]

No in reality this happens to me all the time (right now as a matter of fact) so if you find a good way to deal with it let me know
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

the_last_sheikah

Know these feels bro.  Been there, last year, it's worse when she shoots you down before you even ask her out...
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Ruto

Quote from: Jub3r7 on May 08, 2012, 05:00:21 PMI personally wouldn't care as much about the latter if the former weren't true. The friend zone can exist without the desire for sex; the article seems to be assuming that sex is the sole purpose of the desire for a relationship, and that's not really true.
Actually...>_>

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 08, 2012, 05:15:15 PMNo in reality this happens to me all the time (right now as a matter of fact) so if you find a good way to deal with it let me know

Somebody write their dissertation on this...xD The only thing I heard that works is to not see the person again. Which probably isn't possible for most people...

SlowPokemon

@ruto sex doesn't have to be much of a contributing factor in a relationship....jussayin

FluteNinja

Ruto

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 08, 2012, 05:36:56 PM@ruto sex doesn't have to be much of a contributing factor in a relationship....jussayin

I know it doesn't, but it seems that people think that less and less at my age -.- Or maybe I just know a bunch of douchebags.

SlowPokemon

FluteNinja

DrP

The fucking DMV messed up my Driver's License... they got my address all wrong.

It looks pretty nice, though. It's one of the new ones (though they gave us vertical ones instead of the old horizontal ones). It feels more expensive, but I got to get it fixed (and new foto, signature and "dimensions")

(Picture on the "face to a name" thread)