The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Wow! Way to sound completely shallow!

jesus shit, physical attributes are not the only things relationships are founded upon!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

fingerz

I look for personality. Anything else is a bonus. ;)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Mashi

I don't know guys.  I would imagine that if a person loved someone, he/she would like his/her partner to at least not look horrendous.  It's difficult to view someone as one's love if one can only think of how ugly he/she is!  Of course, not to say that physical attributes should be the primary factor for love, but they're certainly a part that I would think to be at least somewhat important.

FluteNinja

Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

Raymondbl

Quote from: Nebbles on May 09, 2012, 06:35:41 PMjesus shit, physical attributes are not the only things relationships are founded upon!
Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 09, 2012, 06:05:08 PM...are you saying that if you're unattractive you'll never find love?
yes yes of course,  I know that, was just stating the extremes. However you cannot deny physical appearance plays a large role in it. Especially in middle school. You'd be more likely to like a person if they were not sexually repulsive, and even though it might not be the only factor, there are many candidates out there.  Many Middle Schoolers don't care about the personality alot. Hope you guys don't misunderstand me again.

Quote from: fingerz on May 09, 2012, 06:49:29 PMI look for personality. Anything else is a bonus. ;)
I look for real love first - and then the personality.  After that, the appearance.  If someone has a good personality but doesn't really love you much, that doesn't work either. 

ninja'd by Mashi -

Quote from: Mashi on May 09, 2012, 06:57:23 PMI don't know guys.  I would imagine that if a person loved someone, he/she would like his/her partner to at least not look horrendous.  It's difficult to view someone as one's love if one can only think of how ugly he/she is!  Of course, not to say that physical attributes should be the primary factor for love, but they're certainly a part that I would think to be at least somewhat important.

exactly my point.  I need to get better at explaining things.

edit:
Quote from: FluteNinja on May 09, 2012, 07:00:20 PM...Thanks Raymondbl (sarcasm).
when'd I ever say you look bad?  I haven't seen a picture of you before.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: fingerz on May 09, 2012, 06:49:29 PMI look for boobs. Anything else is a bonus. ;)
THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED TO BRING YOU THE TRUTH

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nebbles

Quote from: Mashi on May 09, 2012, 06:57:23 PMI don't know guys.  I would imagine that if a person loved someone, he/she would like his/her partner to at least not look horrendous.  It's difficult to view someone as one's love if one can only think of how ugly he/she is!  Of course, not to say that physical attributes should be the primary factor for love, but they're certainly a part that I would think to be at least somewhat important.

This I can agree with. Of course we value physical attributes to some point, but it at least shouldn't be the most main focus. Personality is a good factor, after all!

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Raymondbl

So, you get my meaning.  Yet you decided to jump on me for saying what you perfectly understood.

Quote from: FluteNinja on May 09, 2012, 07:00:20 PM...Thanks Raymondbl (sarcasm).
Oh and this is what I get for trying to help.  And saying one wrong word.

Mashi

Actually, I think that they just misinterpreted what you stated in your post, Raymondbl.  I'm sure that they didn't mean to be argumentative towards you for no reason; it was only a misunderstanding.

FluteNinja

Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Raymondbl

MaestroUGC

Actually appearances are the primary force in dealing with attractiveness. How you think someone else looks will drive your actions. We all have certain physical qualities that we look for in finding a mate/spouse/what-have-you. We each have a certain level of "attractiveness" in which we can feel confident in pursuing some sort of a relationship, be it emotional or purely sexual. For instance, you may be infatuated with a model because since very attractive, but you wouldn't pursue something with her because you know she's "out of your league", so you will be willing to settle for her friend who, in your opinion, isn't as attractive because you know you have a better chance of starting a successful relationship. Everything beyond that becomes either a bonus or a detriment.

Once in a relationship, it takes work for both people to remain attractive for their partners. It's not a case of being shallow, it's got far more to do with self-esteem in how you look.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Jamaha

I wouldn't really think it through the "out of your league" or "settling for".

There's really no point in comparing women and ranking them in some order. I'd say the more important thing is whether you find a certain woman attractive or not. Say, hypothetically, if I saw a woman somewhere and found her attractive. Based on that, I could then try to get to know her to find out whether a relationship is possible based on her personality. Or I could think "Well, she sure is good-looking but there are also better-looking women in the world. No point in settling for her.", move on and repeat this over and over again.

If I was dating (emphasis on IF) an attractive girl and enjoying my time with her, why should it matter if there are more attractive women somewhere in the world? She's attractive enough and one should be able to be happy with that without considering it "settling for her"

Speaking from zero experience.