News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clanker37

Sorry guys. I haven't been hanging around much since my life just decided to get busy. Stupid bitch. :/

Anyways we had to put my cat down the other day. My life just got sadder (But considerably less busy)

DrP

It always sucks doing that... we had to put my cat down at the end of my Freshman year of high school.

Come to think of it, it was around this time... maybe +/- a few days... uncanny

Roz~

Quote from: Shadoninja on June 09, 2012, 09:04:50 PMI'm glad you're safe :D

Thanks <3

Also omg some employee decided to change my work schedule. Not my boss. An employee. I'm working from 8 am to 7 pm with only an hour long break. Holy fuck I'm going to kill someone.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on June 10, 2012, 11:24:10 AMI'm working from 8 am to 7 pm with only an hour long break. Holy fuck I'm going to kill someone.
Is that even legal??

You have to have a 1 hour break for every 5 hours worked. That's how it is here.

Roz~

My friend asked our boss about it, and she said that breaks were "highly recommended", not compulsory. I asked my co-worker if I could take a two hour long break and he said yes, so it's gonna be less painful.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Zunawe

Sigh. . .

I didn't sleep well last night, so I was planning on taking a nap when I got to my dad's house today. I get here, and he says "Hey, there's a car show today that we're gonna go to." I just went to the same car show yesterday too. The cars were cool, but I'm just not interested. If I see a nice car on the road I glance at it, give it a second's thought about it, and then move on. So, then, we're finally going home, when my dad, a broker, decides that he wants to look at 3 open houses. Basically just copy the thing about cars here and say "house" instead.

We finally got home at about 3:30 here (it's 4:30 here now) and I was so excited to get relaxed, but I was forced to walk both of my dogs and now I have to mow the lawn. . . Just. . . want. . . sleep.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Kman96

Quote from: Zunawe on June 10, 2012, 03:26:05 PMSigh. . .

I didn't sleep well last night, so I was planning on taking a nap when I got to my dad's house today. I get here, and he says "Hey, there's a car show today that we're gonna go to." I just went to the same car show yesterday too. The cars were cool, but I'm just not interested. If I see a nice car on the road I glance at it, give it a second's thought about it, and then move on. So, then, we're finally going home, when my dad, a broker, decides that he wants to look at 3 open houses. Basically just copy the thing about cars here and say "house" instead.

We finally got home at about 3:30 here (it's 4:30 here now) and I was so excited to get relaxed, but I was forced to walk both of my dogs and now I have to mow the lawn. . . Just. . . want. . . sleep.

I know that feel, bro. That was basically my day yesterday...
Party Hard!
[close]

DrP

I went running for the first time since late August.

SO. MUCH. PAIN... ugh...

At least it will help me in the long run.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: DrP on June 10, 2012, 12:21:42 PMIs that even legal??

You have to have a 1 hour break for every 5 hours worked. That's how it is here.
It's required by law? Or just where you work? Because I never take breaks on my 7-8 hour shifts. Even though my managers is always like, Y U NO TAKE BREAK?!?!?!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

Maybe it's a state thing.

Everywhere I've worked required me to take a half hour break every 5 hours I worked. The people said it was requited by law... I think so. (Personally, I didn't want to... I'd be losing $5 by taking the break plus whatever I spent on lunch)

California, y u so stupid!!! Oh, yeah... that's why...

spitllama

As far as I'm concerned, you aren't required to take standard breaks, but you are required to take a lunch break. If an employer doesn't give you a lunch break, he/she can get a heavy fine. So some days I won't take a lunch break, but he'll still take 30 min. out of my pay so he doesn't get calls from the state :/

EDIT: I think my laptop is broken. If it goes to sleep, it doesn't wake up again... Don't know how to fix tech things at all either -.-
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

DrP

There goes my main source of income... ... ...

Going from a rocky financial situation to one that is quite horrendous... this is going to be the shittiest summer ever.

Dude

Quote from: spitllama on June 11, 2012, 08:31:12 AMIf it goes to sleep, it doesn't wake up again.
Help! I've fallen asleep and I can't get up!

DrP

Quote from: spitllama on June 11, 2012, 08:31:12 AMI think my laptop is broken. If it goes to sleep, it doesn't wake up again... Don't know how to fix tech things at all either -.-
Maybe you have to hit it while turning it on...

If it's dead, Apple is coming out with new stuff today!

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: DrP on June 11, 2012, 10:04:19 AMIf it's dead, Apple is coming out with new stuff today!
I'd be excited if it weren't for the fact that I'd rather not buy a $500 laptop for $1500.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!