The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on October 02, 2012, 05:29:48 AMShe has connections to Chuggaaconroy.

Wha- I just follow him on Twitter! >_> He's only replied to me twice, anyway. It's not like he actually notices me above the other fans.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FSM-Reapr

I was trying to make you look cool. ;)

Wait, I'm sorry, you're cool already! :D

SlowPokemon

No, actually she's a nerd and she should be goddam proud of it.

Also my mom doesn't make good on her promises -_- it's really annoying
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

That new Muse Album: 2nd Law.

HOW COULD MUSE TURN TO DUBSTEP??? THEY JUST RUINED EVERYTHING.

SuperFireKirby

^GOD, I KNOW RIGHT?

So once upon a time I thought Adobe Flash and Illustrator were really annoying programs that seemed like they were designed to be unusable. I HAD NO FUCKING IDEA. Abelton Live takes the fucking cake when it comes to being an idiotically difficult program to use.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

My family is moronic.

Everyone on this fucking earth annoys me with how selfish and self centered they are. You think you meet a decent person. Nope. Everyone is a narcissist.

/rant
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 02, 2012, 03:01:43 PMMy family is moronic.

Everyone on this fucking earth annoys me with how selfish and self centered they are. You think you meet a decent person. Nope. Everyone is a narcissist.

/rant
Everyone's selfish to a degree. Everyone mostly speaks about themselves. It's part of being human. Certainly, there are extremes but those types aren't common.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SuperFireKirby

My ethics teacher made a point related to this, saying humans are very egocentric and, to a degree, narcissistic beings. Just look at your thought patterns. Almost 100% of all thoughts you make in a day concern yourself. "I'm hungry." "I need to do this." "If I blahblahblah, then I can blahblahblah." You aren't even aware of most of the thoughts you make concerning yourself, where as to think about someone else, the thought requires being on a completely conscious level.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on October 02, 2012, 07:36:56 PMMy ethics teacher made a point related to this, saying humans are very egocentric and, to a degree, narcissistic beings. Just look at your thought patterns. Almost 100% of all thoughts you make in a day concern yourself. "I'm hungry." "I need to do this." "If I blahblahblah, then I can blahblahblah." You aren't even aware of most of the thoughts you make concerning yourself, where as to think about someone else, the thought requires being on a completely conscious level.
I don't think it would be narcissistic if it's concerning things required to keep yourself alive, or basically thinking of the tasks you need/want to carry out in the day...
If you're saying something like "I wiped the floor with the other team," then THAT would be narcissistic.

Two definitions of narcissism:
1: "Excessive love or admiration of oneself."
2: "A psychological condition characterized by self-preoccupation, lack of empathy, and unconscious deficits in self-esteem."
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SuperFireKirby

Hence "to a degree". Of course not all humans are full blown narcissists. But we all have at least a hint of narcissism.

Zunawe

I'm going to take a sandwich and deprive one single person of the choice between a sandwich and pizza because I want a sandwich. I'm not self-centered.

I know you said "to a degree", but that's discussing basic human behavior more than selfishness or egotisticalness (lol, made-up words).

Why does everybody ninja me?!?!
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SuperFireKirby

No, of course you're not self-centered. But when you were making that choice of sandwich or pizza(are you CRAZY, who picks a sandwich over pizza?!?!?), who's perspective were you making that choice from? You say "I" want the sandwich. It's not the fact that you chose that sandwich that makes the decision egocentrical(more made up words!), but that fact that you made the decision from your own point of view.

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

I'm lost right now but now I really want pizza...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Zunawe

Okay, but there was also the comment about concious thinking. As in BDS's example, you must be able to think something beyond yourself to form that sort of thought. In my example, narcissism would be to take the sandwich in order to deprive somebody else. Not to take it because I don't care about that one person's decision, or I'm not thinking about them.

(Also, the pizza tastes like baked cardboard with soy cheese. I'd rather have a spicy chicken sandwich.)
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things