The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MassiveMayhem

Where have you been? Your avatar is a bit out dated.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

FSM-Reapr

MassiveMayhem

Well at least I'm back. I haven't talked to tri in like, months.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

the_last_sheikah

I now have an xbox 360, but I have a problem with it.  The disk drive doesn't work and I don't have a wireless adapter.  So I have 2 options:
1) fix the one I have for $40 for a new drive, $50 for an adapter, plus any other problem that may arise.
2) get a refurbished slim from microcenter for approx. $170, that includes a kinect, wireless controller, and warranty.

I'm bad with decisions, any thoughts?
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Roz~

Three weeks ago I managed to convince my parents to take my cat to the vet for a check-up. The vet gave her pills, but he said that one of her kidneys looked a bit swollen. Turns out she had a tumor on her kidney, so we had to put her down today. I'm really sad... but I'm happy because she's not suffering anymore. I'm glad I got to take a picture with her on Saturday and I'm glad I got to pet her a lot before tonight.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bubbles

So I just bought Pokemon Black 2 from Gamestop (the cashier gave me a funny look when I asked him if they still had them in stock :P). I bought it at 12 in the morning today and I didnt get home to where my DS actually was until about 9. Now I cant play it because I have a test tomorrow in Latin and after what happened last time with Professor Layton and the ionic bonds...yeah. Basically Im driving myself insane and will be doing that all day during school tomorrow until I get home. And I have basketball practice tomorrow so I wont get home until 9 dsafhnklcjsakdcsadcx I just want to play it :'(

Quote from: Roz~ on October 08, 2012, 07:16:47 PMThree weeks ago I managed to convince my parents to take my cat to the vet for a check-up. The vet gave her pills, but he said that one of her kidneys looked a bit swollen. Turns out she had a tumor on her kidney, so we had to put her down today. I'm really sad... but I'm happy because she's not suffering anymore. I'm glad I got to take a picture with her on Saturday and I'm glad I got to pet her a lot before tonight.
Omg Im so sorry

FSM-Reapr

Basketball?! Awesome sport. Goshdangit, you seem so awesome, I would love to see you sometime.

Sorry Roz. :( *sends a hug*

Wrydryn

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on October 08, 2012, 04:30:40 PMI now have an xbox 360, but I have a problem with it.  The disk drive doesn't work and I don't have a wireless adapter.  So I have 2 options:
1) fix the one I have for $40 for a new drive, $50 for an adapter, plus any other problem that may arise.
2) get a refurbished slim from microcenter for approx. $170, that includes a kinect, wireless controller, and warranty.

I'm bad with decisions, any thoughts?

It could just be the rubber band inside, but unless you describe it further I can't really know. But if it is in fact the rubber band, soaking it in warm water for a few minutes should do the trick.

the_last_sheikah

Thanks, but I think the drive is just shot.  I got it to read a disk yesterday, but it told me, QFT, "To play this DVD, please insert it into an xbox 360 console."
So I figured, rather than having to keep throwing money at it, I'm just going to get the refurbished one that I know will work.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Bubbles

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on October 08, 2012, 08:14:37 PMBasketball?! Awesome sport. Goshdangit, you seem so awesome, I would love to see you sometime.
;) I try

And I still havent played Black 2 yet. Its just sitting in my room... taunting me...

Zunawe

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on October 09, 2012, 03:37:51 PM;) I try

And I still havent played Black 2 yet. Its just sitting in my room... taunting me...
I know that feel. I bought Skyrim on a 1-day Steam sale even though my computer couldn't run it then. I had to wait for a month to get a new computer just to play it.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

DrP

I still need to buy B2W2...

I just spent around $200 on MTG cards (and I'll get some back) and still... ugh.

My boss is keeping a tight hold on my budget (and now that gas is like $4.85 a gallon and I have car/phone bills... yep. Not so much money)... and not to mention the Trader Joes curse (it prevents me from spending less than $50)

And not to mention that I haven't slept 8 hours in 5 weeks... that's making it all better

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.