News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

You should watch it at some point, it's a classic sci fi film.

A matrix is also an array of numbers, symbols or other data points

or part of a rock where crystals form

THE MORE YOU KNOW

me irl
[close]

Jub3r7

mameshibaaaaaaa

Okay since that one comment I wanted to post wasn't relevant at all, I'll add something about my life that sucks.
Not enough money I guess?? ??
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Though some people apparently can't handle thinking philosophically, I find it really helps one to understand a lot about himself/herself and the surrounding world.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Wrydryn

College apps for nursing really suck. :<
I can't wait until they're all sent out, then I only have to worry about getting accepted or not.

Kman96

Omg that moment when you're the only one online D':
Party Hard!
[close]

Ruto

Try signing in between 7 am and 9 am EST...dunno when I'm taking a break from classes around that time I'm usually alone.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

BonusPwnage

So I was invited by the theater director at my school to be a part of the Summit program-A workshop ON BROADWAY where we can hear feedback from real casting directors, and even audition if we want. The opportunity was so overwhelmingly amazing, but there were only 20 spots. When I went home, my parents were fighting (like they usually do). When I brought it up, they were too busy to notice me, even when I was trying to explain that all of the spots would be taken up that night. I finally convinced them to sign up the next day, but I ended up being the 22nd person on the list. The director said that she would try to get us in, and let us know how it turned out. That was 3 weeks ago. Today I went into the choir room, only to walk in on the 20 students during a rehearsal for the fundraiser concert they were having for the Summit program. So, apparently, "I'll try to get you in and tell you what happens" means "Sorry, you can't go, but I don't feel like telling you that." The worst part is, some of the people who got in aren't even serious about acting or singing, they're just doing it because their friends are. Considering that, for years now, one of my biggest career goals was to be on Broadway, I'm a little upset. And of course by "a little" I mean "I'm screaming on the inside right now."

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BonusPwnage on November 28, 2012, 02:13:17 PMSo I was invited by the theater director at my school to be a part of the Summit program-A workshop ON BROADWAY where we can hear feedback from real casting directors, and even audition if we want. The opportunity was so overwhelmingly amazing, but there were only 20 spots. When I went home, my parents were fighting (like they usually do). When I brought it up, they were too busy to notice me, even when I was trying to explain that all of the spots would be taken up that night. I finally convinced them to sign up the next day, but I ended up being the 22nd person on the list. The director said that she would try to get us in, and let us know how it turned out. That was 3 weeks ago. Today I went into the choir room, only to walk in on the 20 students during a rehearsal for the fundraiser concert they were having for the Summit program. So, apparently, "I'll try to get you in and tell you what happens" means "Sorry, you can't go, but I don't feel like telling you that." The worst part is, some of the people who got in aren't even serious about acting or singing, they're just doing it because their friends are. Considering that, for years now, one of my biggest career goals was to be on Broadway, I'm a little upset. And of course by "a little" I mean "I'm screaming on the inside right now."
Don't worry: if some of the people aren't serious about it, they probably won't stay for very much longer. If they don't have their hearts in the right place, they won't be in that place, so to say.

"Never give up; trust your instincts!" -Peppy Hare
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BonusPwnage

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 28, 2012, 02:20:11 PMDon't worry: if some of the people aren't serious about it, they probably won't stay for very much longer. If they don't have their hearts in the right place, they won't be in that place, so to say.
I wish you were right, but everyone's already payed the money, the list has been finalized and submitted, and the fundraiser concert is being planned as I type this post. Even if someone wanted to back out, they couldn't at this point.

the_last_sheikah

So I fell out of my chair in physics today (don't ask), and now I'm reminded as to why I hate people.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on November 28, 2012, 06:16:28 PMSo I fell out of my chair in physics today (don't ask), and now I'm reminded as to why I hate people.

Now I have to ask.

the_last_sheikah

*sigh* I was sitting cross-legged in my desk, and I leaned at an angle forward to put my paper on the front desk without getting up, and I slipped off and fell, everyone laughed  :'(.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

SuperFireKirby

And a valuable lesson in physics was learned.

Soooooo, like 3 weeks ago I put a request in to get this Saturday off so I could go to a concert. Bought the ticket since I'd never had problem with getting a day off with proper notice. But chance would have it that my manager decided to schedule me for a double shift. Fucking wonderful. Now I'm scrambling to get people to cover my shifts. And if I can't, $60 go down the fucking drain. Not to mention missing Flogging Molly, Of Monster and Men,and Silver Sun Pickups in concert.

I hate my luck. Because I have none.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Ruto

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on November 28, 2012, 06:29:05 PM*sigh* I was sitting cross-legged in my desk, and I leaned at an angle forward to put my paper on the front desk without getting up, and I slipped off and fell, everyone laughed  :'(.

So you didn't hit the desk on your way down?

I mean, don't worry, no one would remember this 5 years from now xD

@SFK
$60 isn't much of a loss -.-

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SuperFireKirby

It is when you're broke. Which is my current financial status.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!