News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Bubbles

I woke up this morning and had the realization that school starts Wednesday. Now I have to cram in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and answer a bunch of questions on it but Dr Who is taking over

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Jamaha

My friends have been travelling so there hasn't been any Civ 5 multiplayer lately, resulting in a lack of watching Doctor Who as well.

Yugi

DrP

I've been playing it before I left for Europe... been rocking Poland!!

Also, I go to France and want to have coffee at Cafés. Yet a Cappuccino at one costs 6€. At the Starbucks, I can get a bigger size for 4€ and free WiFi... Starbucks is truly the McDonalds of coffee. AND it is really good.

Most of my money has been spent on Crêpes, Macarons and various other pastries. Last night, I had cream puffs held together by whipped cream (in sort of a tower) with raspberries in the middle and covered in a hard sugar glaze.

But my problem is... COFFEE IS SO EXPENSINVE... my God. I knew Europe was expensive, but not THIS expensive. Hell, even wine at cafés were cheaper than an NORMAL cup of coffee.

SlowPokemon

I hate Starbucks. Ridiculously overpriced and it's not worth the price @_@
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

I'm slowly coming to the realization that I'm destined to be alone for my entire life.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Waddle Bro

@DrP, Europe is so expensive because we can afford it. B)

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 01, 2013, 06:08:49 AMI hate Starbucks. Ridiculously overpriced and it's not worth the price @_@
They're opening a shop at the Alexander's Street in Helsinki this fall, and it's fantastic. The location is right in the heart of the city, meaning I'll stop by there quite often.
also if its overpriced there think about how expensive itll be here

Usually I'm more of a tea guy, but Starbucks coffee is so awesome.

Sebastian

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 01, 2013, 01:21:07 PMUsually I'm more of a tea guy, but Starbucks coffee is so awesome.
Yeah, me and my mom like it too! :)

Ruto

Quote from: DrP on September 01, 2013, 04:18:12 AMI've been playing it before I left for Europe... been rocking Poland!!

Also, I go to France and want to have coffee at Cafés. Yet a Cappuccino at one costs 6€. At the Starbucks, I can get a bigger size for 4€ and free WiFi... Starbucks is truly the McDonalds of coffee. AND it is really good.

Most of my money has been spent on Crêpes, Macarons and various other pastries. Last night, I had cream puffs held together by whipped cream (in sort of a tower) with raspberries in the middle and covered in a hard sugar glaze.

But my problem is... COFFEE IS SO EXPENSINVE... my God. I knew Europe was expensive, but not THIS expensive. Hell, even wine at cafés were cheaper than an NORMAL cup of coffee.

Probably because of importation fees -.- any pics of food? :D

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

GaryOak

Quote from: DrP on September 01, 2013, 04:18:12 AMBut my problem is... COFFEE IS SO EXPENSINVE... my God. I knew Europe was expensive, but not THIS expensive. Hell, even wine at cafés were cheaper than an NORMAL cup of coffee.

It used to be much much cheaper like 10-15 years ago...now it's just madness.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

The_Subjective_Thought

Hey guys, you know a kilo of coffee beans costs roughly 0.20 US cents?

True story.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

Waddle Bro

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 01, 2013, 06:08:49 AMI hate Starbucks. Ridiculously overpriced and it's not worth the price @_@
It's cheaper in the US. And yes, compared to making your own coffee, it is ridiculously expensive (which is what I will plan on doing when the PSL and Eggnog Latte seasons end)

Note:
Helsinki - #5
Paris - #9
Atlanta - #24
SFO - #27 (coffee is cheap out here since CA has a lower cost of living compared to NYC and ATL)
Also, China more expensive.

I'm actually surprised that London is so cheap.

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 01, 2013, 01:21:07 PM@DrP, Europe is so expensive because we can afford it. B)
They're opening a shop at the Aleksanterinkatu in Helsinki this fall, and it's fantastic. The location is right in the heart of the city, meaning I'll stop by there quite often.
also if its overpriced there think about how expensive itll be here

Usually I'm more of a tea guy, but Starbucks coffee is so awesome.
I walked right by that. I really wanted a mug from the Starbucks at the airport last night, but my flight got in at 9:45 and it closed at 10... so I jumped on the bus today just to get it... SO worth it.
Also, fixed Aleksanterinkatu

And I love coffee as much as tea... I found this tea shop in Paris called "Palais des Thés" -- SO MANY GREAT TEAS!

And the reason you can afford it is because you're used to the cost of living at this level, because it is ridiculously cheap in the US (and if I move to Europe, my firm will make cost of living adjustments)

But funnily enough, coffee at the other coffee shops (namely Coffee Shop in Sokos) are cheaper than Paris.